Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Article: McDaid planning to return to FF

Options
  • 16-01-2010 2:22pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭

McDaid planning to return to FF
    16/01/2010 - 11:41:36

Renegade Donegal TD Jim McDaid plans to rejoin Fianna Fáil in the wake of the announcement that 30,000 girls are to receive the cervical cancer vaccine.

It was the decision not to proceed with the vaccination programme in December 2008 that led to Dr Mc Daid to abstain in the Dáil and lose the Fianna Fáil party whip.

His return to the party would be a boost for the Government, which is technically tied with the Opposition at 82 votes each.
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/text/ireland/eyeycwkfgbgb/

I'm disappointed now - another boost for our "leader"
    :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Jim McDaid as Junior Transport Minister in November 2002
    'some drivers still choose to ignore our drink driving laws, and as a result innocent lives are destroyed'.
    In April 2005 McDaid was arrested when found driving drunk in the wrong direction on a dual carriageway outside Dublin. Oncoming vehicles were forced to swerve to avoid his car, which was eventually force to stop when a haulier was forced to block his path. Tests showed a blood alcohol level of 267mg, more than three times over the legal limit of 80 mg.

Rejoining FF sounds about right to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

I'm sure FF will be delighted to Wee 'wrong way' Jimmy back in their fold.

Why is this in Irish Economy & Budget?????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Lets be real, he never really left it.
    Like others recently, its all a PR stunt for his locality and voting area.

Sorry Fianna Failers, some of us are not THAT stupid and blind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Did he ever actually vote against FF since he "left" ?

Advertisement