Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP development on Mac?

Options
  • 16-01-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Is this possible? A bit of googling tells me it isn't, but I'm secretly hoping someone out there has good news for me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Project Mono is a cross platform implementation of the .Net framework which is a requirement of ASP.Net. You might have some luck with the link below.

http://www.mono-project.com/ASP.NET

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hmm, what about plain old ASP, not ASP.NET?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Dunno about ASP. Maybe search for an ASP module for Apache or something?

I'm guessing you've got stuck maintaining some ASP code? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

In a good way, yes! :) Cheers fasty.

Erm.. ok, how do you download a testing platform like WAMP for ASP? I've got an XP virtual PC so want to be able to write ASP code, but I need a testing server, is there a package like WAMP or do I have to find something else? I can find a lot of help on ASP.NET, but little on the net for ASP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

There used to be an asp module for apache IIRC, but I don't know what it was called. Something with Chilli in it maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

why not a get a virtual winxp machine to run on your Mac? (try goggle) much easier and you won't have strange issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Evil Phil wrote: »
    There used to be an asp module for apache IIRC, but I don't know what it was called. Something with Chilli in it maybe?

ChiliSoft, now there's a blast from the past.

Looks like Sun bought them out.

http://www.sun.com/software/chilisoft/index.xml

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Chilisoft - that's the one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Gordon wrote: »
    In a good way, yes! :) Cheers fasty.

Erm.. ok, how do you download a testing platform like WAMP for ASP? I've got an XP virtual PC so want to be able to write ASP code, but I need a testing server, is there a package like WAMP or do I have to find something else? I can find a lot of help on ASP.NET, but little on the net for ASP.

If you have and are currently running an XP virtual pc can you not just use that? If it's XP pro it will run IIS (internet information services) which will run classic ASP just fine.

Advertisement