Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ideas for photos? bored in dublin

• 16-01-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hey, i have a canon g9 that i have never bored to explore? any ideas on what photos i could take?

i was thinking of headin up the dublin mountains and getting some macro shots, maybe into the city tonight to catch the liffey bridge and custom house... any ideas welcome?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

for me, the best photos people take are when they are photographing things they themselves love and enjoy.

If you love hiking, nature, go shoot the wicklow mountains, if you love sport, go find a local sports team and do some portraits or documentary shots of them

if you love the technical and composition of photography, then night shots of buildings are an interesting challenge

if you love music, go find a band playing a venue this evening and go shoot them, live or some portraits of them before the gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Head into the city late when everyone is plastered and take some candid street photography like what this Polish guy does in Cardiff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maciejdakowicz/sets/1391696/

I know this wouldn't be everyones cup of tea, but you'd be a legend to get some of the same sort of shots and post them here for everyones entertainment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

bloody hell they are some pics!

i just went into town and took some pics of that new bridge up near the IFSC and some night shots...im still learning so i spent alot of time looking for a stable platform to take the pic and learned i am missing a vital piece of kit.... a tripod for long exposure shots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

jon1981 wrote: »
    bloody hell they are some pics!

i just went into town and took some pics of that new bridge up near the IFSC and some night shots...im still learning so i spent alot of time looking for a stable platform to take the pic and learned i am missing a vital piece of kit.... a tripod for long exposure shots!

just carry the camera everywhere, doesnt matter where you are, just keep your eyes open and your camera ready. I take some long exposure shots at night, just a second or two, I rest/hold the camera against something like a lampost or a fence/wall/esb box etc. gonna get a gorilla pod for that but sometimes you can use your surroundings instead, the 2euro shop sells mini tripods that are fine for compact cameras, they arent the best quality but are great for the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Get box of matchsticks and be creative :p
    Honestly, even snapping sky through your curtain could produce lovely and interesting shots. Shoot what you can, what you like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement