Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Burnley

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

DIOUF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A star is born.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

noodler wrote: »
    Utd fans getting ahead of themselves etc etc......................

.............its weird in here.

jebus ever hear of a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

DIOUF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Super ball from Valencia for that goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Wahey. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

noodler wrote: »
    Utd fans getting ahead of themselves etc etc......................

.............its weird in here.

Why does Charlie shout goal like that all the time? So bloody loud and more obnoxious than usual.

I like it, adds to excitement.

But Phil Thompson is the best :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Just need a late Spurs winner to make this a perfect day.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Best United #32 ever. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

ShooterSF wrote: »
    MAME has been my Man of the match

QFT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Delighted for Diouf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The commentators on Setanta seem more impressed by the celebration than the goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Just taken from wiki:
    On 23 December 2009, Diouf was granted a work permit making him available to play for Manchester United once the transfer window opens in January.[9] After becoming eligible to play for Manchester United on 7 January 2010, Diouf was registered with the number 32 shirt most recently worn by Carlos Tévez,[10] and made his debut in a league match away to Birmingham City two days later; with the scores level at 1–1, Diouf came off the bench for Paul Scholes in the 81st minute, but he was unable to help break the deadlock and the match finished as a draw. On January 16th he made his second appearance against Burnley coming off the bench for Wayne Rooney. he scored in the 90th minute. he is a bad player. LIVERPOOL are the best

LoL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

The commentators on Setanta seem more impressed by the celebration than the goal!

In fairness, it was fairly excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

It's exactly the same as Nani's. I bet they'd have criticised him if he'd done it.:rolleyes:

For the meanwhile, the name on everyone's lips: Diouf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

MAME BIRAM MAME BIRAM BAM,MAME BIRAM MAME BIRAM BAM

• Advertisement

It's exactly the same as Nani's. I bet they'd have criticised him if he'd done it.:rolleyes:.

Especially as he didn't score!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The diouf,The diouf,The diouf is on fire!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Especially as he didn't score!

:D

Nani doesn't need to score to do it. Next time either he or Diouf score, they should do a synchronised celebration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Delighted with the win, although we're flattered by 3-0; very harsh on Burnley.

Delighted for Diouf too. Looks to have a good attitude and that boy can run too!

Wham Bam Thank You Mam

to the tune of Staying alive

Well you can tell by the way he use his walk
    He’s a born scorer no time to talk
    Just pass and he will score
    He’s been scoring goals since he was born
    And now its all right, its ok
    Don’t dare look the other way
    We can try to understand
    If the reds are big enough for such man
    Whether you’re a brother
    Or whether you’re a mother
    Just watch Mame Diouf, Mame Diouf
    Feel the city breaking
    And everybody shaking
    We watch Mame Diouf, Mame Diouf
    Goal, Goal, Goal, Goal
    Mame Diouf Mame Diouf
    Goal, Goal, Goal, Goal
    Mame Diouf.

• Advertisement

:D

Nani doesn't need to score to do it. Next time either he or Diouf score, they should do a synchronised celebration.

Blades of Glory style!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nice save from VDS at the end there, silly for leaving that massive gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

As someone who hates Nani I thought the commentators where on his back unfairly, he played better than he usually dose and is just back from injury.

Go on the Diouf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

thats a weight of Dioufs back gone now.

Keep the goals coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Headshot wrote: »
    jebus ever hear of a joke

Oh come one thats what all the ............................. were for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

The diouf,The diouf,The diouf is on fire!!

We don't need no water let the argentinian burn

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    We don't need no water let the argentinian burn
    Burn motherf**ker burn
    If he got the respect he deserved at United he would still be there, he has shown over the last two months how bad a move it was by United not to take him when they had the chance.

As for United today, Valencia had a really good game, Neville too and Van der Sar. A good finish and Diouf looked really decent today. I think Berbatov's time at Old Trafford is coming to an end if Diouf can play like that consistently for 90 minutes.

ALL HAIL DIOUF

jesus20second20coming05r.jpg

eagle eye wrote: »
    If he got the respect he deserved at United he would still be there, .

Hard to respect a footballing mercinary. The only thing close to Tevez's heart is his wallet.

lol good one Rasta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hard to respect a footballing mercinary. The only thing close to Tevez's heart is his wallet.

Give over. Ferguson pissed him about for months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

if i were treated the way he was at united i wouldnt sign for united either

By the way im a united supporter

can anyone tell me what nani's performance was like today i really want him to do well at united

I wonder why.

But United's tight pockets were what caused the situation in the first place, he only followed their lead.

No he didn't. Ferguson rotates a lot. Tevez cried when he wasn't picked. Tough.

I wonder why.

Me too, I'm stumped to be honest because his obvious quality was always there for all to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

If he got the respect he deserved at United he would still be there, he has shown over the last two months how bad a move it was by United not to take him when they had the chance.

As for United today, Valencia had a really good game, Neville too and Van der Sar. A good finish and Diouf looked really decent today. I think Berbatov's time at Old Trafford is coming to an end if Diouf can play like that consistently for 90 minutes.

You still here? I though you were off to support some non corrupt league/:p

Tevez got plenty of respect , he just wasn't doing the business on the pitch last season and was let go, Nothing more nothing less. Kinda like your Alonso except for the not performing part.

mrDerek wrote: »
    if i were treated the way he was at united i wouldnt sign for united either

By the way im a united supporter

I'm a United supporter too, but I doubt United would sign me either. ;)

Match thread people. More talking about Diouf.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »

Sorry.

HAIL DIOUF!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

To be honest, with the respect issue aside, I don't think Fergie had the funds available to pay the sort of money Joorabchian and Tevez were looking for. Had he had the funds he prob wouldnt have spent them anyway.
    On another note, Tevez would not be starting ahead of Berba, not because hes a worse a player, but a Tevez and Rooney partnership wouldnt prosper just like the Owen Rooney partnership doesnt prosper.

Needed that win today, Valencias really beginning to impress me now, and a nice cameo from Diouf, looks very pacy and hungry. Neviller played very well, good to see him being given a shot and showing he can do an odd job for United.

RasTa wrote: »

Ah Yes diouf, United Legend in the making or not? he's certainly off to a good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

mrDerek wrote: »

can anyone tell me what nani's performance was like today i really want him to do well at united

He had a decent game in all accounts.Had 2 awful shots , well one really as he didn't hit one of them for it to be counted as a shot i suppose. :pac:

Had a decent overhead too.Thought Valencia had a great game, don't know what game Lou Macari was watching tbh.

The Muppet wrote: »

Tevez got plenty of respect , he just wasn't doing the business on the pitch last season and was let go, Nothing nore nothing less. Kinda like your Alonso except for the not performing part.
    Your Alonso?
    I'm not a Liverpool supporter if thats what you meant by that.

I was just responding to a post, I don't want to make an issue of it here. I just don't think United fans can have any complaints the way things worked out in the end. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah - great to see a player in the United No.32 shirt who isn't (reputedly) part owned by Abramovic!

Hail Diouf (1 goal & already a legend!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

only1stevo wrote: »
    Neviller played very well, good to see him being given a shot and showing he can do an odd job for United.

Thought he was a weaklink at times tbh.

Yeah - great to see a player in the United No.32 shirt who isn't (reputedly) part owned by Abramovic!

Tevez is part owned by Abramovic? Where did that one come from? Haven't heard it before.

Tevez is part owned by Abramovic? Where did that one come from? Haven't heard it before.

It's rumoured that he has a share in Media Sports Investments, who own part of the "rights" to Tevez.

Your Alonso?
    I'm not a Liverpool supporter if thats what you meant by that.

I was just responding to a post, I don't want to make an issue of it here. I just don't think United fans can have any complaints the way things worked out in the end. Nothing more, nothing less.

Are you sure your not a pool fan? you get pretty emotional/irrational when they have a bad result.

I have absolutly no complaints about Tevez, I'm happy he was sold and I wish him all the best. I'm more than happy with the free replacement we signed in his place,, He's already done as well for us as Carlos did last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

d22ontour wrote: »
    Thought he was a weaklink at times tbh.

Yea, a few people have been syaing that, Ive prob just been swayed by his excellent last 15 minutes..

• Advertisement
Advertisement