Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Burnley

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I thought Neville & Brown were equally as poor today, but what about Carrick? He was non-existent all afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

eagle eye wrote: »

As for United today, Valencia had a really good game, Neville too and Van der Sar. A good finish and Diouf looked really decent today. I think Berbatov's time at Old Trafford is coming to an end if Diouf can play like that consistently for 90 minutes.

I fail to see how you can draw this conclusion from a match in which Berbatov scored the first goal and set up the second. Diouf got a goal and was impressive enough, but he was only for ten minutes and had half a pitch to work in as Burnley pushed forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

It's rumoured that he has a share in Media Sports Investments, who own part of the "rights" to Tevez.

If that's the case he would have had to declare it under FIFA' rules. Remember the sh*t in the papers when Chelsea played CSKA (or someone in Russia) because it turns out one of Ambramovich's investment wings has a share in a company which owns CSKA?

If that's the case he would have had to declare it under FIFA' rules. Remember the sh*t in the papers when Chelsea played CSKA (or someone in Russia) because it turns out one of Ambramovich's investment wings has a share in a company which owns CSKA?

Like I said, it's just a rumour - either way, I think we should take this discussion over to the United rumours/ team talk thread as this is off the topic of today's game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Regarding some saying that Nani had a decent game... where you watching the same game as everyone else? He wouldn't tackle, he wouldn't defend, he couldn't cross, he couldn't shoot. Sure he pulled off a bicycle kick, but he couldn't finish it. There's an eight year old kid down the road from me who can bicycle kick.

Also when he managed to completely swipe at and miss a perfectly set up ball at the edge of the box, totally summed him up as a player for me. He's been given so many chances and he just isn't performing.

Neville showed signs that he's nearing the end of his playing career now, seemed behind play at times defensively.

Valencia, oh Valencia, he got the ball so many times a few yards outside the box but he wouldn't run inside! With the amounts of times he got on the ball he could easily have won a few penalties over the course of the match.

I love Evra.

Diouf, he has a swagger about him and played out of his skin for the 15 or so mins he was on. He seems to have real hunger and drive in him.

OctavarIan wrote: »

Valencia, oh Valencia, he got the ball so many times a few yards outside the box but he wouldn't run inside! With the amounts of times he got on the ball he could easily have won a few penalties over the course of the match.

Good point there - Valencia is a good solid winger, but he could take on players a bit more often - he certainly has the pace.

And as for that 8 year old kid.. how's his goal celebrations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Nani had a decent game. His crossing was good. He rarely made the wrong decision. Yes he fluffed a chance, but he still did well today. If he keeps those performances going, he'll keep his place. Then hopefully he can push on again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

PHB wrote: »
    Nani had a decent game. His crossing was good. He rarely made the wrong decision. Yes he fluffed a chance, but he still did well today. If he keeps those performances going, he'll keep his place. Then hopefully he can push on again.

yeah, maybe people are forgetting its his 1st game back since the injury and his confidence cant exactly be sky high!

he had a decent game, no need to have a go or **** off about it either way

Advertisement