Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Manchester City (Evening KO)

• 16-01-2010 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Live on ESPN at 5.30 we have a mouthwatering clash between to in-form sides. Everton are slowly but surely showing signs that they are improving while Mancini's City side have swept aside everything in their path the past few weeks. For the neutral it all leads to what should be an entertaining match but as an Evertonian I'm ****ting myself :D

Team News: Everton

Injured Rodwell, Gosling (both hamstring, 23 Jan), Jagielka (knee, Feb), Anichebe (knee, Feb), Hibbert (hernia, Feb), Arteta (knee, unknown)

International duty Yakubu, Yobo Suspended Jô (internal sanction)

Team News: Man City

Doubtful Barry (groin), Wright-Phillips (ankle)

Injured Onuoha (calf, 26 Jan), Ireland (hamstring, 23 Jan), Bridge (knee, 31 Jan)

International duty Touré

Compassionate leave Adebayor

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict Everton to sneak this one 2-1. Pienaar and Cahill to bag the goals. Fellaini will need to boss the midfield to the same standard he has done of late. One hinderance will be whoever partners Heitinga at centre back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fellaini was a monster against Arsenal, was really impressed with him, doesn't get the praise he deserves that fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Though Everton are at home I can't see anything but a City win. It'll be a close game and I hope that it'll be an entertaining one.

Home win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

One change for us - Santa Cruz in for Benjani

Everton: Howard, Neville, Heitinga, Distin, Baines, Donovan, Fellaini, Pienaar, Bilyaletdinov, Cahill, Saha.
    Subs: Nash, Vaughan, Forshaw, Coleman, Duffy, Baxter, Mustafi.

Man City: Given, Zabaleta, Richards, Kompany, Garrido, Petrov, De Jong, Barry, Bellamy, Tevez, Santa Cruz.
    Subs: Taylor, Onuoha, Sylvinho, Wright-Phillips, Robinho, Mwaruwari, Boyata.

Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Good Interview there with Donovan. Hope he stays a bit longer

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    One change for us - Santa Cruz in for Benjani

Strange choice imo. Benjani played fantastically well against Blackburn especially for someone who isn't really getting their game that regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

That_Guy wrote: »
    Strange choice imo. Benjani played fantastically well against Blackburn especially for someone who isn't really getting their game that regularly.

He did indeed, but I like Santa Cruz also, he could be the perfect foil to Tevez. Benjani has no future at City I believe, I think he got a few games recently so he could be put in the shop window.

Think City will win the game tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I honestly cannot see Everton being up to stopping City. I have to admit that whatever Mancini has done since he came in to City, well they have been amazing.

I predict a 4-1 win for City today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Robinho on the bench. What an embarrassment to professional football that man is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

eagle eye wrote: »
    I honestly cannot see Everton being up to stopping City. I have to admit that whatever Mancini has done since he came in to City, well they have been amazing.

I predict a 4-1 win for City today.
    We're no Blackburn ;)

• Advertisement

Imo Santa Cruz is potentially the most complete striker in the Premier League. He has to stay fit but if he does he has no weaknesses in his game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I can see this as being a cracker of a match with around 5 goals (0-0 imminent). Everton have got a star in Donavan and lets hope we can somehow sign him. Tevez is on fire but Everton have finally hit some form despite their well-know injury crisis. Good to hear that Arteta is back training and once Jagielka and himself get back playing Everton should have very productive final third of the season. 3-2 Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

eagle eye wrote: »
    Imo Santa Cruz is potentially the most complete striker in the Premier League. He has to stay fit but if he does he has no weaknesses in his game.

He wouldnt be in the top 10 strikers in the League.

Love our white shirt

Love our white shirt

It's very nice. If I were a City fan I'd be all over that.

Whos the minute's applause for lads, just tuned in.

I'm looking forward to see Donovan today.

It's very nice. If I were a City fan I'd be all over that.

Our shirts are class this year. I have all three outfield ones.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Whos the minute's applause for lads, just tuned in.

Did they say Alex Parker?

He was an Everton defender who passed away recently.

It's very rare that you get 3 nice jersey's from the one club. Our away jersey this year is fcuking disgusting. The less said about that the better.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I like the black one, but that white one sucks.

Good early possession by City. Playing like a team full of confidence.

Santa Cruz going off with 4 mins on the clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I should not want a City win tonight with me being a Liverpool supporter, but I love watching Everton lose, so I am rooting for a City win.

Sorry Everton fans, but take it as a compliment as I regard you lot as our natural rivals and the two derby games are the first two I look for when the new fixtures come out each season. Maybe if I grew up here in Ireland I would have grown up with Man Utd as the big derby game for Liverpool, but I didn't so Everton have always been the team I love to see lose instead, but I never want them to lose enough to be relegated though. Would miss the derby games too much for that. :D

Lol Crock-que Santa Cruz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Kess73 wrote: »
    I should not want a City win tonight with me being a Liverpool supporter, but I love watching Everton lose, so I am rooting for a City win.

Sorry Everton fans, but take it as a compliment as I regard you lot as our natural rivals and the two derby games are the first two I look for when the new fixtures come out each season. Maybe if I grew up here in Ireland I would have grown up with Man Utd as the big derby game for Liverpool, but I didn't so Everton have always been the team I love to see lose instead, but I never want them to lose enough to be relegated though. Would miss the derby games too much for that. :D

A City win would see Liverpools chase for 4th a lot harder :p

IvySlayer wrote: »
    A City win would see Liverpools chase for 4th a lot harder :p

I know that, that's why I said that I should not want a City win. :D

But I do. :confused:

Here's Robinho.

And here's Robson

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »

Surely your desire to see your own team get into the CL (which is so so so crucial for far greater than footballing reasons) should outweigh your dislike of Everton?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Man City remind me a lot of Ranieri's Chelsea under Abramovich year one. They're entertaining both on and off the pitch, they have some real nice kits, and I kinda want them to succeed. By next season I'll probably be sick of them.

I've never seen City close down like this before.

Shot by biyaledintov, biyaledinaov

Bill.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Shot by biyaledintov, biyaledinaov

Bill.

Not so much shot but a header.

kinaldo wrote: »
    Man City remind me a lot of Ranieri's Chelsea under Abramovich year one. They're entertaining both on and off the pitch, they have some real nice kits, and I kinda want them to succeed. By next season I'll probably be sick of them.

They remind me of Chelsea in a similar way, but I see Hughes as the Ranieri in this version, with Mancini being their Jose.

Once Mancini gets his ways ingrained into that squad, along with cutting a few and bringing in a few of his own, they are going to be a hell of a force in the Premiership.

I really think that they made a great decision in terms of booting Hughes and getting Mancini in with half a season to get used to the English game before going for it next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Robinho should have done better there.

Not so much shot but a header.

Well, it will count as a Shot on Target :p

Close from Robinho there. Petrov is looking very lively.

Robinho unlucky there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Saha unlucky there.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Santa Cruz going off with 4 mins on the clock.

Christ, that was quick.
    No access to see the match today...What happened to him??:)

Nuts! :D

Christ, that was quick.

No details as of yet.

http://www.veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=4b48556118484 Stream for you lad.

Christ, that was quick.

sounds like a reoccurrance of his old injury

Warper wrote: »
    He wouldnt be in the top 10 strikers in the League.
    I said if he can stay fit which looked unlikely again, but in his first season in the Premier League he had 19 PL goals and 7 assists, at that level he would be one of if not the best in the league, although personally I think Drogba this season has gone to another level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

No details as of yet.

http://www.veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=4b48556118484 Stream for you lady.

FYP, and thanks for the linky.:)

OOH close Donovan should have scored

Donovan....... Cross cum shot. Very close.

Ohhhh Donovan should've just tried to put it in the net.

FYP, and thanks for the linky.:)

You're a wimmenz? :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement