Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Manchester City (Evening KO)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

You are kidding me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Saha 2-0
    Everton didn't complain only issue with it is that he started pulling the shirt outside the box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Started outside the box, should have been a free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

joke of a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Xavi6 wrote: »
    You are kidding me :rolleyes:

Are you serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Everton were VERY good that half.

Foul was outside the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Everton completely deserve their 2 goal lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Well, he started pulling his shirt outside the box, so that should really have been a free kick surely and not a peno.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Are you serious?

Yes it was stupid by Micah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Foul was outside the box
    Agree the foul was outside the box but we're well worthy of this lead. Surprised there was no card either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Stupid penalty to give away. I'm glad a penalty has finally been given for holding on to the shirt. It happens week in and week out and there's no way Richards was going to get away with that.

Good penalty. I can't see City coming back from this unless a drastic change happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,807 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Everton were excellent that half.
    Piennar, Fellaini, Billilevdanov (SP) were excellent.

Mancinis honeymoon is over.
    I wonder how they are going to come back in the second half, they havent really been in it since Santa went off.
    Also, Richards, what a plonker.

It may have been but that was a real soft decision by the ref, in fact I think he has had a woeful game.

easy for everton.

City need to wake up asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Any chance of some consistency from the officials and the referee? I guarantee that we'll see at least three more instances of players grabbing shirts but no free kick or penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It started outside the box, wasn't a penalty.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I honestly cannot see Everton being up to stopping City. I have to admit that whatever Mancini has done since he came in to City, well they have been amazing.

I predict a 4-1 win for City today.
    Ahem. We're no Blackburn ;)

Voltwad wrote: »
    Agree the foul was outside the box but we're well worthy of this lead. Surprised there was no card either.

In fairness he was still dragging the crap outta his shirt INSIDE the box, which was where the linesman seen it. Pity that rule isnt applied more liberally in all matches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then the real City is back. First serious test and they are getting harried and hassled
    out of it in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Yes it was stupid by Micah
    Hero to Zero. What on earth was he thinking? If I was Mancini I'd give that lad a bollicking he would never forget.

Brilliant first half performance. How ****ing good have we been for the last match and a half. Superb against two top four contenders. Same again in the second half please.

kippy wrote: »
    In fairness he was still dragging the crap outta his shirt INSIDE the box, which was where the linesman seen it. Pity that rule isnt applied more liberally in all matches.

It needs to be consistent now in this game.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    easy for everton.

City need to wake up asap.

No leave them asleep for another hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bad decision there for that penalty but Everton being 2-0 up is about right imo. A lot of excellent performances but Fellaini has been just immense, he is just completely controlling the midfield, one of the best performances from a player I've seen this season.

I think City need a focal point for their attacks as the likes of Robinho and Bellamy need the ball in front of them to do their business, I think they need to bring on Benjani.

Barry and De Jong getting pwn'd in midfield is another issue, I don't know how they can counter that unless they hit the ball over the top or something.

• Advertisement

real city back? jaysus lads game ain't over yet. I'm still a little bit optimistic.

Johner wrote: »
    It started outside the box, wasn't a penalty.

It doesnt matter........
    It wasnt a trip or a foul of that nature which takes one instant, then its done. It was a consistent holding onto the shirt which also happened in the box. Completely justified and as I said would love to see it enforced more stringently.

The only part of the penalty decision being bad was the fact that there wasnt a yellow dished out.

It doesnt matter........
    It wasnt a trip or a foul of that nature which takes one instant, then its done. It was a consistent holding onto the shirt which also happened in the box. Completely justified and as I said would love to see it enforced more stringently.

The only part of the penalty decision being bad was the fact that there wasnt a yellow dished out.
    It should have been a free kick, end of/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Voltwad wrote: »
    Brilliant first half performance. How ****ing good have we been for the last match and a half. Superb against two top four contenders. Same again in the second half please.

Agreed - we have played brilliant. After a woeful start to the season they are now playing. Looks like a very promising second half to the season. What a player Fellaini has become. Mancini's honeymoon period well and truly over.

It was really foolish by richards, he could of at least got tight to saha to make it look less obvious.

• Advertisement

Okay, I'll put it like this Mancini has 45 mins to convince any sceptics about his nouce, the City bench doesn't look too clever though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Everton had a bit of fortune with both goals, but they deserve to be in the lead at the same time.

For the freekick, Bellamy and De Jong should be given a box about the ears. De Jong steps out of the wall and unsights Given, while Bellamy cowers behind Zabaleta. Both of them could have stopped the ball going through had they made themselves bigger. Basic, basic errors of the highest order.

For the penalty, I agree it shouldn't have been one. Richard's though, for all his natural ability he has the intelligence of a 6 year old, my opinion of him drops every time I see him play. City should flog him.

Everton playing fantastically well. Fellaini is a monster in the middle of the park, and Pienaar is causing mayhem and Saha and Cahill are their ever present threatening selves. I expect City to raise their game in the second half, should be a good one hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Bad decision there for that penalty but Everton being 2-0 up is about right imo. A lot of excellent performances but Fellaini has been just immense, he is just completely controlling the midfield, one of the best performances from a player I've seen this season.

I think City need a focal point for their attacks as the likes of Robinho and Bellamy need the ball in front of them to do their business, I think they need to bring on Benjani.

Barry and De Jong getting pwn'd in midfield is another issue, I don't know how they can counter that unless they hit the ball over the top or something.

How was the pen a bad decision? Richards had a handful of saha's shirt.

Everton deserve their lead they are playing really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ya really bad by Richards and the fact it was so blatant meant the ref had to give a peno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Decent point made from someone on BBC about the penalty:
    "First shirt tug: foul, referee plays advantage; second shirt tug: still a foul, now a penalty. Simples."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

The Muppet wrote: »
    How was the pen a bad decision? Richards had a handful of saha's shirt.

the original foul (i.e. first tug of Saha's shirt) was committed outside the box from the angles I saw of it. Should have been a freekick, not a penalty. But it was such a retarded thing to do it deserved a penalty tbh.
    Tom65 wrote: »
    Decent point made from someone on BBC about the penalty:
    "First shirt tug: foul, referee plays advantage; second shirt tug: still a foul, now a penalty. Simples."

on second thought, that's a perfectly valid interpretation now that I think about it.

It wasnt seen outside the box from what I can tell and Richards was stupid enough to carry on doing it inside the box. Thats where the linesman spotted the foul. Doesnt matter where it "started".
    Just deserts and zero sympathy, Everton were well worth it.

the original foul (i.e. first tug of Saha's shirt) was committed outside the box from the angles I saw of it. Should have been a freekick, not a penalty. But it was such a retarded thing to do it deserved a penalty tbh.

on second thought, that's a perfectly valid interpretation now that I think about it.

Its a fair interpration of what happened.
    Still Soccer players, some of them arent the most intelligent are they, despite their massive bank balances.

Hmmmmm, Benji for Petrov?

SWP better be on shortly

Arguement doesnt hold water.

If a player kicks a player outside the box, the ref lets them play on, does that mean hes free to punch the player in the box and demand it gets taken back for a free kick?

• Advertisement

Benjani on. Who came off?

I really can't see Everton slipping up now unless City can really come out with all cylinders blazing.

Fellaini is having the game of his life. Always thought he was a loose cannon but he's really showing the good part of his game. He's bossing the midfield on his own.

It wasnt seen outside the box from what I can tell and Richards was stupid enough to carry on doing it inside the box. Thats where the linesman spotted the foul. Doesnt matter where it "started".
    Just deserts and zero sympathy, Everton were well worth it.
    I don't know why you put the last bit in, I said they are well worth a 2-0 lead, I said the decision was wrong as it should have been a free kick already, thats all. I totally agree that Richards was stupid to keep holding the shirt as if it has not been spotted it will be eventually.

Everton look really good recently, wonder whos out when Arteta comes back

Normal service resumed in the second half.

I thought that was in from Garrido.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Foul was outside the box
    And continued well into the box for a number of seconds.

So, if a player pulls away on anothers players shirt for a split second outside the box yet continues this for a number of seconds inside the box, does this mean it should not be a penalty?

It was a definate penalty in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

No it shouldn't, if it was a pull and the ref thought that the advantage was with the attacker then he did not have to stop play. The advantage that he got was that he made it into the box and then when he was pulled and gained no advantage it is a pen. Or at least that is how I would have called it.

Robson gone!

Robinho off in the summer (if not sooner!)

• Advertisement

Robinho off. Straight down the tunnel. Surely he's going?

Advertisement