Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting MPEG2 to AVI?

Options
  • 16-01-2010 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I started converting my old vhs tapes to my computer using hauppauge 3000 wintv card.
    (I noticed on one of the threads someone said this isnt the best way to capture ,but im happy with the results so far)
    Anyways the problem is that it captures it using MPEG2 , and a 3.5 hour wedding video is taking up 10GB!
    Does anyone recommend what sofware I should use to convert this to avi so I can burn it to dvd.
    I downloaded Gordian Knot but having problems with the new codecs as the options with them are different options to the guide I was given for converting to MPEG2.
    Also I think Gordian Knot gives the option to Deinterlace the analog video which could be useful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I think you need to do a bit more research.

MPEG2 is the standard for burning to DVD. Therefore no need to convert. Deinterlace is not much good to you as almost all DVD's are interlaced.

I you are going to a lot of editing get a basic software to get started eg adobe elements, pinnacle studio etc.

Advertisement