Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes alterations in Greystones

Options
  • 16-01-2010 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi there,

Anyone know of a good place in the village/nearby to get a pair of men's suit pants taken up? Speed would be of the essence here also - would need to be done by next Saturday.

Thanks,

NB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

There's a place above Bocelli's and the dry cleaners next to Insomnia both do very good alterations. Don't have numbers for them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

NarkyBoots wrote: »
    Hi there,

Anyone know of a good place in the village/nearby to get a pair of men's suit pants taken up? Speed would be of the essence here also - would need to be done by next Saturday.

Thanks,

NB

there's also a mad oul bird that does alt's behind the happy pear although i'mnot sure if she opens Sundays.She's in the bookshop in the old house,bit cheaper than the aforementioned one

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Yeh, that one is dear(bocellis). Think it was €30 just to have a pair of pants shortened. They were only €20 on ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Yeh, that one is dear(bocellis). Think it was €30 just to have a pair of pants shortened. They were only €20 on ebay.
    must have saw you coming,same job cost me €15,in the one behind the happy pear it was €12

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Sorry, yes it was 2 pairs. still pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

Thanks peeps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

I found the one above Bochelli's good and reasonable too.
    Barry's Dry Cleaners do repairs too and have used them on numerous occasions and they were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

Would not recommend the one above Bocellis at all, they ruined a pair of very expensive jeans on me with a really, really bad patch job that should have been very simple. If you are going to use them, be really specific about what you want them to do, but I would shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

Well according to him-indoors there all closed down or not opening till the end of the week.

Ended up going to Jeeve's.

Thanks to all for input :)

Advertisement