Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto IV

Options
  • 16-01-2010 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi is it impossable to play Grand Theft Auto 4 on the keyboard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I had no control problems playing with a keyboard and mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Ryan2.5

I have got a acer laptop
    What have you got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

A laptop without a dediacted graphics card won't play this, its a bitch to run, brings a high end gaming pc to its knees

I'm new to laptops, are all graphic cards the same and are they expensive?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You won't be able to upgrade the graphics card in your laptop. And no they are not the same. Some are vastly more powerful than others. If yours is a relatively weak one then you won't have much luck playing gta4 unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Ryan2.5 wrote: »
    I'm new to laptops, are all graphic cards the same and are they expensive?

Most laptops don't have them, they usually have integrated graphics chips on the board, which rules this game out I'm afraid

i have got a acer 5230e.
    What would be a strong graphics card?
    Please have patiences with me as i am only 7.

:rolleyes: Then I don't think You should be playing GTA4 :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

i have got a acer 5230e.
    What would be a strong graphics card?
    If this (http://www.handingchao.com/tag/acer-extensa-5230-specifications/) is your laptop then you won't be able to play gta on it at all.

My dad has a dell computer that is 5 years old and it has xp on it.
    Is that too prehiseoric like him

• Advertisement

It's hard to say without knowing more details about the machine but I doubt it will play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Can 7 year olds post on boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

When I was 7 I was tucked up in bed when the sun set.

If he's smart enough to figure how to sign up (needs an email) and post here, he's welcome, might actually learn some stuff they don't teach in school. They don't give out emails in school
    Tip, don't post Your age again and nobody will ever know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

As said above, OP (means original poster by the way, welcome to boards! :) ) I don't think your laptop is going to be able to run GTAIV.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10296/

that'll answer your questions. a quick google suggests it'll run like a slideshow, then crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/

That'll do a test to see if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Hate to be a spoilsport and all, but should we really be helping a seven year old get an 18 rated game running?
    Unsupervised browsing and 18 rated games... That's some quality parenting right there!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

meh, i see retailers selling them to kids that age, so whats the difference?

He could be trying to get it to work for his ... older brother? Who technically illiterate.
    In fairness though, not our responsibility, I presume he had the game bought for him (and Kane and Lynch btw) so the parents must know.

• Advertisement

Not necessarily. Most parents just buy games for their kids without noticing/caring about the age or content.

Not necessarily. Most parents just buy games for their kids without noticing/caring about the age or content.
    I honestly don't see how we're responsible for that.

Actually, it'd be funniest if it's actually a regular boardsie playing pseudo-sociologist with us. ;)

Oh of course we're not. The parents are to blame. /rant

Hmmm, it does seem very irregular for a 7 year old to be posting on boards and to know how to. My 7 year old cousins wouldn't know how to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

prehiseori/QUOTE]

smart 7 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

tman wrote: »
    Hate to be a spoilsport and all, but should we really be helping a seven year old get an 18 rated game running?
    Your not his dad!

Thanks PogMo:D

i'm his father and i supervise everything he does on here and what ganes he plays.do you think he has never heard swearing before or seen a bit of violence on the telly including the news.better him on the comp or playstation than being outside smoking etc.we haven't bought him gta4 he saw a download of it on youtube and really enjoyed the quality of the graphics aswell as the game.yes he is 7 but not for long and has been using a playstation on and off for several years and my comp for at least the same he is very bright for his age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i'm his father and i supervise everything he does on here and what ganes he plays.do you think he has never heard swearing before or seen a bit of violence on the telly including the news.better him on the comp or playstation than being outside smoking etc.we haven't bought him gta4 he saw a download of it on youtube and really enjoyed the quality of the graphics aswell as the game.yes he is 7 but not for long and has been using a playstation on and off for several years and my comp for at least the same he is very bright for his age.

Split personality?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

You should of got him GTA4 for the playstation. GTA4 on the PC needs a seriously powerful PC to run decently and even then it needs lots of tweaking to get everything to run smoothly. In fact in order for me to finish the final mission I had to install fraps!?

• Advertisement

that bug was fixed months ago

Advertisement