Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

front window water sprayer not working

• 16-01-2010 6:32pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

hi all

my front window sprayers have stopped working. the back one is working fine.

i have had a prod around with a pin and tried the air at the garage thing, as suggested on another thread. would anyone have any idea how to fix this? i know nothing about cars.

and one other thing, the car is going for its nct next week, will it fail on this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

What sort of car is it? Do you hear a whinning noise when you try use the sprayer. I'd say it's likely a fuse is blown.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

its a daewoo lanos

it does make a noise i am asumming there is a blockage somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Try opening the bonnet and look at the hoses that go from the water container to the sprayers and disconnect at the point where they meet the sprayer nossle, then spray it, if the water comes out you know the blockage is at the nossle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Follow the pipes back from the bonnet back to the water tank. As the pipes are not continuous a connection may have separated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

i have the same problem with my citroen berlingo, but i reckon theres a big block of ice in the tank. cos when u try fill it up it =only takes a small drop of water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

joeduggan wrote: »
    i have the same problem with my citroen berlingo, but i reckon theres a big block of ice in the tank. cos when u try fill it up it =only takes a small drop of water.

Still?Surely its thawed out by now,drop in some warm water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭domania

Try putting the same stuff in the washer bottle that you use in your kettle. the problem is due to limescale build up. It used to happen to me all the time living in Meath because the water is so hard.

Be sure to clean out the bottle afterwards.

Advertisement