Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cervelo S3 2009 Deal!!

Options
  • 16-01-2010 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey Everybody,

I have a Cervelo S3 frame brand new in the box in a 48cm size I'd be willing to let go for €2500 if anyones interesred.......can't really budge on price cause its worth a helluva lot more!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

What is the reason for sale of a brand new frame? Is it the 2009 or 2010 model? Such a small size may be difficult to sell. Got any pictures? Where are you based?

EDIT: Just saw the year is included in the title! Thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cerv

Its a 2009 model,frame,fork,seatpost.frame is too samll,like you said its an odd size thats why its goin cheap.don't have a pic yet i'll try get one tommorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

cerv wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

I have a Cervelo S3 frame brand new in the box in a 48cm size I'd be willing to let go for €2500 if anyones interesred.......can't really budge on price cause its worth a helluva lot more!

"helluva lot more" New in any size you want...

http://www.slanecycles.com/cervelo-s3-frame-2009-p-2501.html?number_of_uploads=0&delivery=204

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

jdt101 wrote: »

:eek: Lol, this thread should be moved to the rip off ireland forum

wow I didnt realise prices had dropped so much considering I paid near €3000 for it new.I'm open to offers but nothing insane,under pressure to turnover some cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

End of year sales, same thing with almost any bike this time of year. Ultimately you will only get what someone is willing to pay for it so your only choice if you can't budge much on price is between keeping it yourself or accepting far less than you feel it is "worth."

Worth bearing in mind that there may be warranty issues buying the frame from you (although it is new); any potential buyer would really need a receipt from a Cervelo dealer to get the warranty covered. Bike frame warranties are all original owner only, but I'd say the buyer could get away with this if they had the receipt.

If you don't have this for whatever reason (say you bought it off someone else and didn't get the receipt) you will really have to collapse on the price entirely. Anyone buying I would confirm with the original shop you are covered on the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

As a Cervelo owner, I agree with everything Blorg has said and must add that a 48cm frame will be difficult to sell, especially when 700c wheels won't even fit. 650c wheels only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

As a Cervelo owner, I agree with everything Blorg has said and must add that a 48cm frame will be difficult to sell, especially when 700c wheels won't even fit. 650c wheels only.

Are you certain, I am pretty sure that the S3 48cm takes proper 700c wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Marvinthefish

When you change the delivery address on that link to Ireland (not Switzerland) the price goes up to over €3000.

Edit: Weird, it's the lower price even if you live in Djibouti or Christmas Island.
    Edit 2: Aha it seems it's €3000 for customers in EU countries, but €2600 outside

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

When you change the delivery address on that link to Ireland (not Switzerland !) the price goes up to over €3000.
    That would be the VAT, was wondering what was going on there as I thought I had seen it more expensive from Slane. Totalcycling have it for £2,499 (€2,835) in 51 and 54cm. Ultimately though will be difficult to shift... may be easier when all the sale stock is gone and the season is getting going, but you are still going to have to find a quite small rider who wants to spend a large amount of money on a frame and is happy buying from you rather than a shop... I think you would need a big discount and to be 100% solid on the warranty.

With a lot of high end cycling stuff the truth is you will end up getting so little for it compared to what it's "worth" to you that the best course of action can just be to keep it and enjoy it (unless there is some chronic problem like it being the wrong size.)

• Advertisement

I wouldnt worry too much about a receipt I can organise one no problem.Its definitely 700c wheels too.Well if the frame fits anyone I'll give it for €2300 considering its still a good saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

I'm in the market for a new frame and I think this would fit me. I ride a 48.

I can offer 1700 if it fits me and the warranty can be transferred. I know it's below your reserve price but that's the top end of my budget. I've been offered an R3 for 1500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bealfeirste5

Slane cycles are an excellent company! Thanks for pointing this out..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Honnie

Hi fks,
    I saw a Cervelo S1 on Gumtree for sale 700 but it turns out to be a crowd from Malaysia They can do an S3 for 1000USD, Im totally sceptical how they can be this cheap quaity bikes ltd, they say they buy in massive bulk direct from Cervelo, Anyone been onto this crowd? They dont accept Paypal payment either Seems far too good to be true
    Cheers
    Paulo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Honnie wrote: »
    Hi fks,
    I saw a Cervelo S1 on Gumtree for sale 700 but it turns out to be a crowd from Malaysia They can do an S3 for 1000USD, Im totally sceptical how they can be this cheap quaity bikes ltd, they say they buy in massive bulk direct from Cervelo, Anyone been onto this crowd? They dont accept Paypal payment either Seems far too good to be true
    Cheers
    Paulo

You could and probably will be stung for import duty so factoe this in. About 21% extra.

Generally if it looks too good to be true it usually is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Honnie wrote: »
    Hi fks,
    Cheers
    Paulo

1) this thread isn't really the place to ask and

2) it's a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭furiousox

It's a trap!
    Don't.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shotinthedark

cerv wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

frame still for sale????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭fat bloke

frame still for sale????

On a 2 year old ad?

S3 is gone for 2012, it's just S1 and S2, the S2 being the carbon version and Hollingsworth Kilmacud have them for 1999 euro, so.... possibly a better bet :)

Advertisement