Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Restaurant in Greystones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I really love Chakra, I think it's great! The staff are SO accommodating. Went with friends who have food allergies and they cooked things for them from scratch without whatever things they were allergic to. my friend and i's dishes got mixed up so both of our meals were free and they gave us a free bottle of wine. they also didn't rush us out and called taxi's for us.

Indian Spice take away is beautiful. Mmmm. Bochellis is good if you're having a stroll up the town and want a quick bite. Have been very disappointed in Vino Pasta - the menu is nothing like it used to be and very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Not much mention of Bel's here.

They do lovely fish & chips. Great for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Chakra used to be better, till their head chef got poached by Ananda.
    Still very good though.

As for the "notions" comment re Three Q's, you are off the mark narkyboots.
    The food is great, you get loads and its run by people who care about food and In all my experience very humble.
    Its a smashing little restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭heviballs

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Not much mention of Bel's here.

They do lovely fish & chips. Great for lunch.

In fairness it's nice,but it's not as good as 3Q's for eg.,not as flavoursome imo,not much atmosphere either,that said the steak is really good,it's produce is really good,
    Maybe the fact that it's not getting much of a mention proves that we have some very good restaurants in Greystones,maybe if it moved to Bray for eg people would rave about it given that the quality in Bray(esp for the size of it)compared to Greystones

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

In fairness to them, I think 3Qs do a fantastic breakfast/brunch menu. I've been in a few times lately and it's been really top notch.

I've eaten in Bells a few times as well, and while it's not bad, I think they're stuck with a slightly inhospitable dining room - it's not an ideal shape for a restaurant.

And while it's not exatly a restaurant as such, I went into Nosh & Coffee last week for the first time in about two years (Insomnia was full) and was pleasantly surprised - they've done a nice makeover on the room. It was pretty busy and the poor staff looked run off their feet, but I thought it looked miles better than it used to. That might be old news though, as I said, I haven't been in it in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

Has to be Jaipur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

At the risk of expanding outside the topic. The best place by far is the Copper Kettle in Kilcoole.

Friday or Saturday night, where else can you get a whole Peking Duck, Chilli Prawns and Wine for under 40 euro each, in pleasant surroundings with a Chef who comes out and asks you how you like the food and service.

The most massive portions and the freshest produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

I don't think anyone mentioned Diva. I just heard it has closed down - is this true?

Their food was pretty good, but the service and atmosphere were excellent. Sorry to hear it if it's true.

I don't think anyone mentioned Diva. I just heard it has closed down - is this true?

Their food was pretty good, but the service and atmosphere were excellent. Sorry to hear it if it's true.

no sorry cant' agree on any of the above on my experiences,foo very bland,young waitress a joke,owner friendly but way ott,too long a wait between courses,
    If it's closing i feel sorry for them but i'm not surprised

Nice pizza's though

And the only reason i went back a few times was because of the dvd for the kids in the back room,that was great

At the risk of expanding outside the topic. The best place by far is the Copper Kettle in Kilcoole.

Friday or Saturday night, where else can you get a whole Peking Duck, Chilli Prawns and Wine for under 40 euro each, in pleasant surroundings with a Chef who comes out and asks you how you like the food and service.

The most massive portions and the freshest produce.

I have to take you up on 'the best place by far' comment,come on is this Eddie or what,(the head chef/owner also i think)
    It's nice yes but even if it was in Greystones it wouldn't come close as the best all round,btw if it's good all the food should be good,so i want you to do me a favour,
    One week go for the full Irish in the CK and the following week go the 3Q's,come back and then you may appreciate the difference in produce

Btw i find it very expensive for cakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭joeduke

The Hungry Monk is top stuff...........:)

Heviballs, been to 3Qs several times. Not impressed with the cramped confines, slow service and small portions. But I will agree to disagree.

Agree on Diva, worst place in Greystones or was.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Bit of a harsh assessment on Diva. Worst in town? The food wasn't great, but it was pretty good, OK selection, decent portions. Atmosphere was very cozy and not cold/modern. God forbid a restaurant owner be welcoming with a personal approach. But if you had a crap waitress every time or had to wait ages, I can understand not enjoying the service.

I also thought it was the most welcoming restaurant in town for families with kids and teenagers -- I realise that may not be what everyone is looking for. And the banoffi pie was really good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cooper90

i would have to chakra my self as its all ways top notch and fantastic service. The worst would have to be any thing that is in the beachouse, i dont think iv ever had a good meal there no matter who is running the place.

RIP Diva,moved to Bray i beleive ,food wasn't great but it was perfect for kids with the dvd in back room

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Resurrecting this thread because myself and Mrs Turfthrower headed over to the Fern House in Avoca Handweavers in Kilmacanogue last Saturday night and were blown away.

My previous experiences with Avoca Handweavers have not been great - the cafe is silly expensive and crowded during the day - you can't get in for prams and toddlers running around -- I'd be very slow to go back. But I heard the restaurant was meant to be good in the evening, and we got a last minute booking. I was really impressed - fantastic room, great service, really very good food - and the bill was surprisingly reasonable. I'd go back in a heart beat. We really are very well served in this area - there are two or three of the best restaurants I know of within a ten minute drive of Greystones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

In the past couple of weeks i've availed of the full breckie in 3Q's and i would like to challenge anybody to tell me where i could find anything anywhere in the area(or maybe even country)to rival it

and no i'm not the chef.it's been consistantly top quality every time,has anyelse sampled it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

heavyballs wrote: »
    In the past couple of weeks i've availed of the full breckie in 3Q's and i would like to challenge anybody to tell me where i could find anything anywhere in the area(or maybe even country)to rival it

and no i'm not the chef.it's been consistantly top quality every time,has anyelse sampled it?

Without doubt, the best breakfast in town !!!
    Copper kettle is next then for me

Homan's has the best Bacon and Scrambled Egg Baguettes :)

Also was in the Hungry Monk last week. Food is still awesome but my God the noise of people yammering in there is unbearable.

Homan's has the best Bacon and Scrambled Egg Baguettes :)

Also was in the Hungry Monk last week. Food is still awesome but my God the noise of people yammering in there is unbearable.

find it major loud in 3Q's but i can live with that,i still think the hungry monk's cod and chips trumps 3Q's haddock and chips,(and i am a fan of haddock)

• Advertisement

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    Without doubt, the best breakfast in town !!!
    Copper kettle is next then for me

i find the copper kettle quite expensive for cakes,the breakfast to me is average,over greasy,not only do i think 3q's is the best around,i think it's the best i've ever had

Jeez 3Qs best you have ever had? Seriously?

Odessa in Town would blow you away then or any number of places.

Copper Kettle Cakes Expensive? Not that I or my family have experienced.

been to Odessa,you'll find heavyballs gets around a bit,and i still say the fry in 3Q's is better,Odessa do a quality steak sambo also,it is a nice spot,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DRDJM

Marc Michel - such a loss - great organic food place

Mario's fish and chips in Newtown best in Ireland - but not open at the moment :(

Chakra, No. 1; Hungry Monk, No. 2; 3Qs unfortunately used to be great but haven't changed their menu in so long...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

The Royal Park is my favourite restaurant in Greystones.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rach8

Definitely think the 3Q's is the best!!! Also agree about their breakfast, it's amazing!!! Had dinner there about a week ago and the pork was delicious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Not being funny but you really would have to be some sort of a nugget to mess up a breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I disagree - breakfast is probably one of the most difficult meals to cook - talking about a fry-up here - Each and every items requires different lenghts of time to cook so orchestrating everything to be done at the same time is difficult. You should not need to use an oven to keep things warm while you wait for an egg to fry, or the toast to pop, the beans to cook, or whichever item you've forgotten to put on. So much can go wrong!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Not being funny but you really would have to be some sort of a nugget to mess up a breakfast!

what:eek:you're joking ,yes anyone can do a decent fry up but go to 3Q's and you'll see the difference between average and top notch,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

astrofluff wrote: »
    I disagree - breakfast is probably one of the most difficult meals to cook - talking about a fry-up here - Each and every items requires different lenghts of time to cook so orchestrating everything to be done at the same time is difficult. You should not need to use an oven to keep things warm while you wait for an egg to fry, or the toast to pop, the beans to cook, or whichever item you've forgotten to put on. So much can go wrong!

I take it you dont cook much astro :)

I was a short order cook in Oz for a while, when i was sober. What you said above goes for all meals mate. Its all in the prep! I know what you mean though. It really is about the quality of sausages, bacon etc.

Advertisement