Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Options
  • 16-01-2010 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi I have got Kane & Lynch Dead Men for pc:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::):):):):):D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

WOAH! GET OUT OF TOWN!!!!:eek:

I had it for my pc but deleted it because its a big smelly pile of poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Yeah? Well I have Daikatana! TEKKIT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Ryan2.5 wrote: »
    Hi I have got Kane & Lynch Dead Men for pc:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::):):):):):D:D:D:D:D

YEAH WELL I HAVE COPTER, WHICH IS BETTER THAN THAT PILE OF CRAP SO HMMMPHH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I enjoyed it, completed it in fact.

I think all that crap with Eidos and Gamespot affected peoples attitude towards the game, which hurt the developer more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I see it quite cheap every so often, I'm always tempted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

The game is bad... really bad, and I didn't pay any attention to all the negative press at the time.

Graphically, it's below San Andreas in quality, which is atrocious seeing as how it was released 3 years after it.

The gameplay is also horrible. After about an hour of playing it and watching my bullets bounce off the heads of cops I had to turn it off. If you are going to release a game that is graphically weak at least make the gameplay solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

One of the few games in my long history of gaming that I never finished and never ever want to. That bit with the trucks at the building sites :eek: my god talk about rage quits, it was more like insane quits :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I see they're making a sequel to this now. I remember being excited when I first got Dead Men and I also remember being pissed off after about a half hour of playing it. :(

Oddly enough, the sequel sounds interesting. They're toning down the graphics to make it look a bit blurry and Youtube like. Bit of a gamble that will probably end up making people motion sick, but I guess they have to do something novel to try and get people to buy it. Although the smart move would of been to create a new IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

steer clear of this one. Even though it was getting bad reviews I decided against my better judgement to get this regardless. I soon regretted that one. The graphics were poor, the controls were crap the guns felt weak and the list goes on. I gave the game it's fair chance but it really was a chore to play. Find it hard to believe that they've gone and gotten a sequel. Granted the idea was good but the execution was horrible,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Just to give a counter view here. Opinions varied on this game at release and it has since become the standard default position to have to profess your hate for it. I thought it was ok though as unfashionable as that may make me. I thought the graphics were fine, more cartoony than some, but effective enough. GTA4 is a good comparisson.

I liked the setpieces particularly in the first half of the game whilst you shot your way through the city. The late pieces in the Jungle were not great. But on the whole, a short and enjoyable game. I thought it deserved the 6 or 7 out of 10 scores that it got. The controls were a little wooden as you would expect from the team who brought you hitman but manageable all the same, andalthough the gunfire was somewhat imprecise and inconsistent especially compared to the likes of MW2 or RB6, you could live with it. Nonetheless if you can get a loan of it for a weekend or find it for a fiver I reckon its worth a punt if you have already played all of the premium titles out there.

Its pretty short, I don't remember how long it took me to run through, a couple of evenings perhaps. I was able to run through the co-op split screen in about 5hrs so you won't need to invest much time in it / lose too many hours of your life if you don't like it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement