Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check Voicemail From Landline (o2)

Options
  • 16-01-2010 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to check Voicemail messages on your mobile from a landline? I vaguely remember doing it before - you had to put something like '1' before the actual number and this would divert you to your voicemail messages?

I'm on o2 by the way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

Dial your number with 5 after the prefix (08x-5-xxx-xxxx). When you're connected, press * and you'll be asked to enter your PIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Is there a default PIN? I haven't set one before...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

Yeah, I think it's 0000 unless you've changed it yourself. If you dial 173 from the phone, you can change it. Otherwise, it'll be easy for other people to access your voicemail or change the greeting.

burgess1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think it's 0000 unless you've changed it yourself. If you dial 173 from the phone, you can change it. Otherwise, it'll be easy for other people to access your voicemail or change the greeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

For Meteor, Vodafone and O2 Ireland :

Dial 08X 5 XXX XXXX

E.g. If your mobile number was 082 999 9999
    You would dial 082 5 999 9999

When you hear your outgoing message, press # and follow the system's instructions.

3 Ireland and Tesco Ireland don't assign mailboxes in the same way as the other networks, you can't directly dial into them. Instead, you have to call an access gateway number:

Three Ireland :

You have to dial 083 3 333 171

It will prompt you to enter your mobile number and PIN etc.

Tesco Mobile Ireland :

Dial 089 430 2000 and follow the prompts.

• Advertisement

Tried to do this today, was working in an area that has no signal and got around 7 voice messages. Tried to ring my number using 5 after the prefix but it just goes straight to my voicemail, as in leaving a message? Did o2 change the service or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@PrettyBoy
    When you hear your greeting you have to press the # key. Then it prompts for your PIN.

Advertisement