Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

make up course

• 16-01-2010 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

this one is for the girlies. my sister is thinking of doing a course with the school of make up artistry in galway.. just wondering if anyone has done this course before and if so what was there opinion on it? was it worth the money(1200euro for 10weeks) and did anyone manage to get a job out of it?? any help would be greatly appriecated.

sorry mods if this is in wrong section aswell.. feel free to move!
    thanks amy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Let's try the Fashion forum instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I don't know anything about the course but definitely make sure to find past students who've done the course and get feedback from them. Also, find out what is covered on the course and if it's what your sister expects.

€1,200 is an awful lot of money. That's €120 per class. Does this include make-up/tools?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

amy85 wrote: »
    this one is for the girlies. my sister is thinking of doing a course with the school of make up artistry in galway.. just wondering if anyone has done this course before and if so what was there opinion on it? was it worth the money(1200euro for 10weeks) and did anyone manage to get a job out of it?? any help would be greatly appriecated.

sorry mods if this is in wrong section aswell.. feel free to move!
    thanks amy

You would want to know how many hours are covered in each class and what you get included. Are there official exams, shots taken by photographers, kits included? What does the course cover. I did one in Dublin in 2008 and I wouldn't imagine anyone would have been able to get a job out of it unless they were very skilled already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

Larianne wrote: »
    I don't know anything about the course but definitely make sure to find past students who've done the course and get feedback from them. Also, find out what is covered on the course and if it's what your sister expects.

€1,200 is an awful lot of money. That's €120 per class. Does this include make-up/tools?

my sister went to meet the lady who runs it.. the class is on 2 saturdays every month from march to july and is from 10-5pm.course fee is 1000euro,exam fees are not included(are normally around 150euro) and an extra 200euro is needed for uniform,book and class notes!make up is not included in this either,they use MAC make up and you get a 30% discount when buying if for course.

its seems awful expensive alright,thats why my sister wanted to know if anyone had done it or had any feedback on it. think classes are run in dublin aswell as in galway.
    lady said 90% of there students are placed afterwards but you wouldnt really say any different would you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

amy85 wrote: »
    its seems awful expensive alright,thats why my sister wanted to know if anyone had done it or had any feedback on it. think classes are run in dublin aswell as in galway.
    lady said 90% of there students are placed afterwards but you wouldnt really say any different would you!!
    Placed where though? Unpaid work experience? Working in local Dunnes? Bit vague for that kinda cash.

• Advertisement
Advertisement