Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can anyone recommend a cat litter for 13 wk old kitten.

Options
  • 16-01-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

I'm just after getting a new kitten and the first thing I've noticed is that he is trying to eat his litter? I had just bought some Catsan but perhaps I should have got a finer kitty litter.
    http://www.catsan.co.uk/indexframe.htm
    I need to buy new litter tomorrow. Can anyone recommend one that won't be tempting to kitty? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

this is why u are not supposed to use clumping litter with cats as if they eat it it will clump in there bellies, cause a blockage and can be fatal. i always use cat litter that is like little wood pellets u burn in the fire its called woody cat. so easy to clean as well. good luck with your little kitty. pics please

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

We use "Worlds Best Cat Litter" it's 100% natural, made from corn. We get in from www.zooplus.ie but if you're from Dublin you an also buy it from the pet shop near the Millenium Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

this is why u are not supposed to use clumping litter with cats as if they eat it it will clump in there bellies, cause a blockage and can be fatal. i always use cat litter that is like little wood pellets u burn in the fire its called woody cat. so easy to clean as well. good luck with your little kitty. pics please

Have had cats before but they were all outdoor cats so didn't need cat litter and was surprised to see the little tike playing and tasting the stuff :eek: Will put up a few pics of him when he manages to sit still :-)
    We use "Worlds Best Cat Litter" it's 100% natural, made from corn. We get in from www.zooplus.ie but if you're from Dublin you an also buy it from the pet shop near the Millenium Bridge.

Thanks Lolly. That brand had been recommended to me. Need to get something today and can't wait for zooplus under these circumstances. Know the "Boardshop Petshop" . Not sure if it's open today though.Will check. I know the brand is not carried in MaxiZoo as I checked.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

You can get World's Best in Petstop in Blanchardstown if that's handier for you.

quickbeam wrote: »
    You can get World's Best in Petstop in Blanchardstown if that's handier for you.

Is that the one near the old Borders Shop in the shopping centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Sundew wrote: »
    Is that the one near the old Borders Shop in the shopping centre?

That's the one - it's further down towards the corner/ATM than where Borders was (have seen the cat litter you are talking about in there!).

That's the one - it's further down towards the corner/ATM than where Borders was (have seen the cat litter you are talking about in there!).

Thanks picked it up yesterday :)

Advertisement