Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sharing the Knowledge - Phase 2

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Well here was people were going to talk on

Composition and basic camera technique - Petercox~Not Available

Sports Photography - Paulw~Not Available

"Now you've a decent camera in your hand take it out of Auto" - AnCatDubh

live C&C session - Panel / All hands on deck.

whips and college notes - melekalikimaka (i may have taken liberty with the title biggrin.gif)

Weddings and Event photography - Borderfox (dependent on timing)

Perfecting your printing / print output - stcstc (depending on dates)

Music photography - DotOrg~Not on Sundays

topic to be confirmed - eas

Street Photography: - Covey

So out of 10 areas - one being a c&c session (so 9 speakers) - 3 of the speakers said the Sunday's or dates didn't suit. I know I have a replacement for one of those speakers. I really need MehFesto to get back online to see what he can offer for Saturdays/if he can offer Saturdays. All the speakers above are still willing to give their talks just not on the 2 dates suggested (or Sundays).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

You need to put dependent on dates after mine as well. I'm not available on the 21st either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

This is going into not nice direction. I think the best would be to call it off and plan it for March or later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

yep - sounds like a plan maybe?

It might help if someone took ownership of this.

Covey I did take ownership of this and my last post above tells you where we are at the moment!

Taking ownership to me means making something happen. That list looks dead in the water to me. Where's Mehfesto? ??

Sorry for being negative, but maybe start talking to the the people involved and come up with an agreeable date might help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Maybe we can set a date. Then fill the slots on that date. I suggest a Sunday late in March & I will book DCC for that day. When we have that nailed down everyone can work towards it.

I can probably find some more people to give talks if some on the list are not available. I am happy to do something myself too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

If someone can set a date I will try to ensure the day is free for me to do a piece on watersports.

• Advertisement

Rather than fill up the the thread maybe contact those who've offered already to see who's available and when in March and then fit in subs if needed.

If DCC isn't available there are other options.

Covey wrote: »
    Don't think a place to hold it is a problem, but a lack of enthusiasm !........

.......It might help if someone took ownership of this..........

.......If DCC isn't available there are other options.........

These are all nice thoughts Covey.

Do you want to take ownership of this?
    You seem to have the enthusiasm for suggesting things.
    Especially seen as you know of other places we can hold it - though you never mentioned them in this thread or the last one.

This may seem like a sharp response but you are only throwing in bits and pieces without actually doing anything to help. If you think something can be done then tell us how instead of saying - that could be done!

They sure are nice thoughts, it would be nice to get it going.

I don't mind doing something to help, taking ownership or whatever it takes. As you were supposed to be doing that I didn't want to step on toes. But, to be frank it's going nowhere at the moment , so I felt/feel it's time to put it to bed one way or the other. The last list produced shows half the people not available and some haitus while we seek out Mehfesto:eek:

So where do we go from here -

Get a list of people all available on the same day would be a good start. Do you want to do that?

I think I will leave it in your capable hands Covey. I'll let you have a go and see how you get on. Especially with another location, which you failed to mention in your reply post, yet still going on about me waiting for MehFesto.

Need a hand give me a shout.

Now, now, lads. No need to be at each other's throats over it. It's supposed to be a bit of a laugh and giving people an opportunity to learn about something they're interested in. No need in arguing over silly things.

Why not set a date for April 3rd or 4th or something like that? Plenty of time for anyone and everyone to get involved. Close enough to look forward to, and far away enough that it's unlikely anyone has any plans made (plus the weather may have improved a lot, meaning people can take their time going home and play about with their cameras in Dublin for a short while if they so choose).

Just a suggestion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Here's my thoughts-
    get onto all potential speakers and ask them:
    any dates they CAN'T do
    any preferred dates

in parrell see what dates potential venue(s) are/aren't available.

"if you build it, they will come"....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

never fear - there's work happening away in the background afaik.

the idea of asking people what date doesn't suit doesn't work unfortunately as you'll have awkward gits like me that can't figure out where the feic they are from one end of the week to the next :D (not that it isn't a good idea)

Anyhow its sorted and I suspect there will probably be a notice soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Well well well just reading five page of total indecisiveness is not exactly confidence inspiring. Hope it happens and hope to attend.

Meep

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

DCC has been booked for Sunday 18th April for this.

Waiting on a confirmation of who will speak about what & when.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

CabanSail wrote: »
    DCC has been booked for Sunday 18th April for this.

Waiting on a confirmation of who will speak about what & when.

I think I'm free that day. Wohoo. Always a good event.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cazmcco

Hi there!!

I was just wondering if there had been any decisions made on times and topics/speakers for this event yet? Pretty interested in going.

Thanks a mill!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭veryrandom

Am also interested! The aforementioned info would be useful for me too!
    Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

I should be free and would love to attend. :)

Will keep an eye out here for information.

Is this still ploughing on ahead yeah? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

I'd be interested in going to this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Whats the confirmed date for this event..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I'll hopefully be around for this too

Advertisement