Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History HL

Options
  • 16-01-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Ok so basically my teacher is a nice lady but a terrible teacher and doesnt seem to realise that as a repeat I have **** loads of work to do in less that 5 months till the LC sooo....

The books I am doing is Sovereinty and Partition for the Irish, Society and Politics in Northern Ireland as the 2nd Irish, Dictatorship and Democracy and United States and the World.

What I need to know is that what would everyone recomment I do from each book other than the Northern Ireland one and Dictatorship and Democracy one? I have those pretty much covered so any tips on the Irish one and the United States one would be greatly appreciated...I just dont know which case studies Chapters or anything Im so confused. my teacher wont tell me either everytime I ask her she sorta ignored the question! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

Well for all of them learn the case studies.

For the American Course I would, and in fact will, focus almost entirely on US Foreign Policy and domestically I will be just looking at McCarthyism and Civil Rights movement.

Sovereignity and Partition I will probably focus on 1916 to the "emergency" but I haven't finished the course yet so am not entirely sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

RexMundi wrote: »
    Well for all of them learn the case studies.

For the American Course I would, and in fact will, focus almost entirely on US Foreign Policy and domestically I will be just looking at McCarthyism and Civil Rights movement.

Sovereignity and Partition I will probably focus on 1916 to the "emergency" but I haven't finished the course yet so am not entirely sure...
    • Sinn Fein's success...
    • Cumann na nGeadheal, economy and whatnot
    • Dev's foreign policy

I think we there should be a general LC History thread for help and advice, as one of these threads pop up pretty often!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Thanks guys, I will look into that. I have the EDCO books for both tose books so finding the case studies is pretty hard. Can somone give me a list of them if possible?

fufureida wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I will look into that. I have the EDCO books for both tose books so finding the case studies is pretty hard. Can somone give me a list of them if possible?
    From my head, and therefore could be wrong:rolleyes: American:montgommery bus boycott, Moon landing and Vietnam. Irish:Belfast during WW2, Eucharistic Congress, Treaty.

The American one definately rings a bell, what about the Oil Crisis? Is it relevant?

• Advertisement

The American one definately rings a bell, what about the Oil Crisis? Is it relevant?
    Erm nope, think that's of the International Tension thingy book.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

Oil Crisis is the case study for the European Course during the same period. It does have a major impact on the US economy but I have always found economic history too tough, memorising all the necessary statistics wrecks my head...

Anyway these are the Case studies:

US Case studies:
    Montgomery Bus Boycott
    Space Race
    Vietnam War & Lyndon B Johnson

Irish: Sovereignity & Partition:
    Anglo-Irish Treaty negotiations
    Belfast during WWII
    1932 Eucharistic Congress

Dictatorship & Democracy:
    Stalin's Show Trials
    Nuremberg Rallies
    Jarrow March, October 1936

Thank you so much Mundi!
    I'll go ahead with that and key personalities and key concepts. :)

Any predictions for mocks guys?

Advertisement