Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 10 online

• 16-01-2010 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I have recently started playing fifa online whats the story with people quitting when there losing do you not get points when theres a disconnection?? its very annoying!!:mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Yep it is.It plagues most online football games.F all you can do really apart from block the feckers after giving them a piece of your mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

ya i hate it. i must be up near 25 or 30 percent DNF. puts a bad look on me then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

mink_man wrote: »
    ya i hate it. i must be up near 25 or 30 percent DNF. puts a bad look on me then.

You don't get a DNF% for the other person quitting...You don't get ranking points though but you do get the win. I don't mind quitters - means I've done something right :D

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    You don't get a DNF% for the other person quitting...You don't get ranking points though but you do get the win. I don't mind quitters - means I've done something right :D

oh do ya not? you should get a default 20 points if the others quit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

If you score within the first 5 minutes game time and your opponent quits you don't get the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭raheny red

Sorry to hijack thread but I don't think there is a need to start a new one. Is it possible to play tournaments online?

raheny red wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack thread but I don't think there is a need to start a new one. Is it possible to play tournaments online?

Yep, there are some tournaments but often require a PC too (for IRC / inputting results, etc).

Keep an eye on FIFALeagues.com, Stryxa.com, WorldGaming.com and eSports.ie.

Of course, offline is best - LanParty.ie 3 will have a FIFA comp.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

raheny red wrote: »

Check out the FIFA/Pro Evo forum on here. There are leagues run constantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭raheny red

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Check out the FIFA/Pro Evo forum on here. There are leagues run constantly.

Ah right I see. It would be handy if they (xbox live/ea sports) could do a massive round robin type of tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Fifa 10 is ruined by the people that play it. The last 5 games i had my opposition every single time was Chelsea and I picked teams like Shamrock Rovers, Ireland, Canada, Russia hoping they might change to a similar rated team but for most people on it they cant look beyond Chelsea, United or Barca.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Yep it is.It plagues most online football games.F all you can do really apart from block the feckers after giving them a piece of your mind

ok its really pissing me off!! how do I block them and how do I give them a piece of my mind (without the headset!)

moikey wrote: »
    ok its really pissing me off!! how do I block them and how do I give them a piece of my mind (without the headset!)

Go onto their Gamer Card (from your friends list, there is a panel of previously played players) and hit submit feedback - avoid this player. You can send them a message but I prefer not to :)

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

As was said before me goto their gamertag and click send message.Be polite!!drives them mad.And as soon as the message is sent block them.They get mad at you for giving them sh1t(politely of course:) )but they cannt reply which will annoy them a bit more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    As was said before me goto their gamertag and click send message.Be polite!!drives them mad.And as soon as the message is sent block them.They get mad at you for giving them sh1t(politely of course:) )but they cannt reply which will annoy them a bit more

You can't block someone until they send you a message, I thought?

And, if you do block someone, it doesn't tell them they are blocked as far as i know. So from their point of view, you just didn't reply to them when you received their abuse.

I played one lad, he beat me 4-2 when he was Barca and I was someone like Schalke. He sent me a message saying "unlucky pikey" afterwards. Typical of lots of FIFA players. They think because you win as Barca against a rubbish team, they are legends, and send abuse afterwards. Of course, if they are losing, they run away like a b*tch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mailblaney

hey guys,
    I was about to give up playing online altogether with this same problem. And then I found the solution. Instead of choosing a normal ranked match, go to custom match. Leave all the settings the way they are except for Opponent DNF% (i think thats what its called). I think you can set this as low as 10%, meaning your opponent normally finishes their games!

They'll only quit if your giving them a really good hammering, but that normally doesn't happen cause there at a better standard. Anyway, its a good way of avoiding these quitters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Balto Yid

i hate the amount of abuse you get for beating someone

whatever happened to fair and square???

early quitters are butt holes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

mailblaney wrote: »
    hey guys,
    I was about to give up playing online altogether with this same problem. And then I found the solution. Instead of choosing a normal ranked match, go to custom match. Leave all the settings the way they are except for Opponent DNF% (i think thats what its called). I think you can set this as low as 10%, meaning your opponent normally finishes their games!

They'll only quit if your giving them a really good hammering, but that normally doesn't happen cause there at a better standard. Anyway, its a good way of avoiding these quitters!

The catch 22 here, is that you usually get the guys who tend to quit, but are only starting out playing FIFA.

It does help to weed out some of the quitters, but not all. It would be helpful if you could go lower than 10%DNF. I'd still consider 10% to be fairly high!

Advertisement