Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sega Dreamcast Console

Options
  • 16-01-2010 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

I've tried the wanted section on adverts and it's not very active. I've tried the Echo free ads. I've tried plenty of ad sites and forums but haven't got one yet. There doesn't seem to be a shop to get one in either besides Centwise and they're too expensive.

So, if any of the nice members on here have a Sega Dreamcast console, please contact me. :D

Don't delete my thread either. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

There's good news and bad news.

I have two, both in Cork, both are being unused and approx 260 games, as well as controllers, light guns, keyboards, VMS's etc.

The bad news? I'm now living in Warsaw, and don't know when I'll next be back. If I remember whenever I'm next back you can probably have one, but will be many months away. Message me if you want any help with games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

What about Cash Converters on McCurtin Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

There's a place that opened up across from Mad on north main st. They have one in there alright. Thy sell playstations and all the rest aswell. Forget the name but you can't miss it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Give ebay a shot.If all else fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ditto for the place acrosss from leaders in North Main st, all kinds of old rubbish in there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

razorblunt wrote: »
    What about Cash Converters on McCurtin Street?

Didn't have any consoles when I was in there a week or two ago.

That place that people mention on North Main Street is Centwise, the place I mentioned in my opening post. The prices in there are ridiculous usually. With postage costs and stuff on ebay it would make it not worth my while, not to mention that most of the consoles are overpriced too. :(

I'll put another ad in the echo and hope I get a response.

AFC 1903 - I'll send you a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm baffled that you could even get 260 games for the Sega Dreamcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Did you try the Sega forum?

Kold wrote: »
    I'm baffled that you could even get 260 games for the Sega Dreamcast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dreamcast_games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did you try cash converters?

• Advertisement

Did you try cash converters?

Yep, took a look a few weeks ago. I'll head in again in the next week or two for another look, might try vibes and scribes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

How much is a DC in centwise? from what i recall its 50-60 Euro which seems pretty reasonable for a fairly rare console (in Ireland anyway).

How much is a DC in centwise? from what i recall its 50-60 Euro which seems pretty reasonable for a fairly rare console (in Ireland anyway).

I think it's 60 or more, not sure what comes with it either.

You would probably need to get a vmu , maybe a vga box or scart lead as well.
    Did you try the Sega forum?

The Sega forum on boards or the official one? The Sega forum on here is dead. :(

I think it's 60 or more, not sure what comes with it either.

You would probably need to get a vmu , maybe a vga box or scart lead as well.

The Sega forum on boards or the official one? The Sega forum on here is dead. :(

On boards. It is alive and well.

On boards. It is alive and well.

I might as well post a thread there too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Lost access to my account. :(

I'm still after A Dreamcast. Contact me if you have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I think they'd give you the cables with the console in Centwise, That is what they said to me anyway when I was asking about a different console in there.

What are you thinking is a fair price for a Dreamcast? Just curious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

mudokon wrote: »
    I think they'd give you the cables with the console in Centwise, That is what they said to me anyway when I was asking about a different console in there.

What are you thinking is a fair price for a Dreamcast? Just curious.

I would say 30-35 is a fair price with a controller or two, a vmu and maybe a game. They're really not worth that much.

It is amusing when you see some people here selling them for 50+ euro and yet you could get one from the UK including a £25 postage charge and still have it end up cheaper. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I would say 30-35 is a fair price with a controller or two, a vmu and maybe a game. They're really not worth that much.

It is amusing when you see some people here selling them for 50+ euro and yet you could get one from the UK including a £25 postage charge and still have it end up cheaper. :rolleyes:

Well why don't you do that then? It seems the erm, intelligent solution;).

I went through the same problem trying to get an N64. Ended up getting one cheap from the UK and haven't looked back since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I know they arent worth that much but for retro stuff it is more people who are collectors that will be interested.

There is an ad on adverts for a guy selling one for €35, he said he would deliver but I doubt he was including Cork in that based on his location so you may have to pay postage if the seller is willing to post.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=179648

• Advertisement
Advertisement