Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC

• 16-01-2010 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭

basically no adverts. great to sit down and watch a tv programme with no ads until its finished. then basically straight onto the next programme.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I love when So You Think You Can Dance is on an there are no adds in between each couple like other programmes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

I love the fact that theres no interruptions on BBC but there is a negative. You can't quicly run out and make a cup of tea/go to the bathroom while the break is on....!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

irishdub14 wrote: »
    I love the fact that theres no interruptions on BBC but there is a negative. You can't quicly run out and make a cup of tea/go to the bathroom while the break is on....!! :)

true that...but the annoyance of the ads greatly overwhelms the annoyance of not beiing able to make tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

mink_man wrote: »
    true that...but the annoyance of the ads greatly overwhelms the annoyance of not beiing able to make tea.

Which leads us on to this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

This was the best idea ever!
    Thank you BBC for not ruining a programme by putting in a break every 15 minutes :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

BBC 1,2,3,4 ...all good....would be great if u could get access to the online programes on the website from here though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I enjoy their great quality nature programmes. Sir David Attenborough (sp?)
    How could you not love him? :D

i had to laugh, one of their programmes during christmas was..."springwatch christmas special"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

WindSock wrote: »
    I enjoy their great quality nature programmes. Sir David Attenborough (sp?)
    How could you not love him? :D

One of the best and most interesting voices in the world!!! Planet Earth has to be the greatest series ever made on planet earth....!! its going to be sad when he dies.......... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

None of the BBC's radio stations carry ads either. And with my little pocket DAB radio I can walk around London and listen in high-quality sound. BBC 6 music is the station I listen to most often. And when I'm in the mood for classical music I listen to Radio 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

QI = why I love the BBC!

It's funny, living in NZ, I actually miss it (but I don't miss RTE!). NZ tv is woeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

i could sit down and watch a programme about something i am hardly even interested in on the bbc as they are generally excellent quality. plus i love bbc iplayer :)

milly4ever wrote: »
    i could sit down and watch a programme about something i am hardly even interested in on the bbc as they are generally excellent quality. plus i love bbc iplayer :)

how do you access it in ireland, if you are living in ireland that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

watna wrote: »
    QI = why I love the BBC!

It's funny, living in NZ, I actually miss it (but I don't miss RTE!). NZ tv is woeful.

That was one of the main reasons why I left! :pac:

(sad, I know)

how do you access it in ireland, if you are living in ireland that is
    i am in the north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

BBC Radio 1 is AWESOME!!! I love it.

No ads, great music and brilliant DJs.

Chris Moyles FT - FOOOKING - W!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Yep... love BBC especially BBC Wales which I get on free Sat... and the radio stations BBC Radio 1 & 2 are great, currently listening to Steve Wright in the Afternoon... very entertaining!

Fago_25 wrote: »
    BBC Radio 1 is AWESOME!!! I love it.

No ads, great music and brilliant DJs.

Chris Moyles FT - FOOOKING - W!!!

I just watched his who do you think you are episode (another great BBC programme). It was really good. His family are all from Ireland so he was in Dublin and Mayo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

If I lived in the UK, I would gladly pay the license fee, I think BBC (TV,Radio,Web) is brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

QI = why I love the BBC!

QI is a proper entertainment & quiz program. Love BBC3 & BBC4 when they do documentaries on music genres some weekends.

• Advertisement

BBC make RTE look like primary school kids. RTE SUX!

I wish we picked up BBC Radio over here (Like fully, not a faint signal near the coast)

you should be able get it on sky no?

you should be able get it on sky no?

Yeah I do but like on the radio so I can walk around listening to it.

I got the first four series of Who Do You Think You Are from the library.

That'll keep me going for a bit. It's another of my favourite programmes.

I got the first four series of Who Do You Think You Are from the library.

That'll keep me going for a bit. It's another of my favourite programmes.

i keep forgetting you can get dvds from the library- and they aways have lots of bbc ones :)
    if you try 4OD they have all episodes going back years- even watched early streetmate programmes with a very young davina mccall! bbc iplayer only has programmes on for a short lenght of time after they have been on tv.

milly4ever wrote: »
    i keep forgetting you can get dvds from the library- and they aways have lots of bbc ones :)
    if you try 4OD they have all episodes going back years- even watched early streetmate programmes with a very young davina mccall! bbc iplayer only has programmes on for a short lenght of time after they have been on tv.

You should see the library in Wellington. They have a huge DVD section, basically everything you could want is there. They do charge for DVDs and CDs but it is minimal. It's great for getting whole series of things and not getting off the couch.

I watched a lot of who do you think you are last night!

Advertisement