Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else having a Brown-out?

Options
  • 16-01-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

Came home today to find my TV wouldn't turn on. So after a while of messing around I decided to unplug everything else in my living room and plug the tv directly into the wall. It kinda turns on now but doesn't start up. All the signs of a brown-out but its the only thing behaving weirdly in my flat. Anyone else having similar experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

Steoob wrote: »
    Came home today to find my TV wouldn't turn on. So after a while of messing around I decided to unplug everything else in my living room and plug the tv directly into the wall. It kinda turns on now but doesn't start up. All the signs of a brown-out but its the only thing behaving weirdly in my flat. Anyone else having similar experiences?

I doubt it's a brown out because everything in your house would also be effected, lights would be dim etc. Just to rule it out try plugging in your tv ( if you can carry it, if not try using an extension cord) into a neighbors house who you think isn't no the same supply as you ( My house is on a different phase than my neighbors even tho we are supplied by the same transformer)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

heh heh brown out! :D

Advertisement