Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL/UPC Horizontal stutter?

Options
  • 16-01-2010 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi everyone - brief question here - does anyone experience a horizontal stutter on their cable signal via UPC?

If the shot isn't panning the picture is fine - but once there is any panning (sports, ticker at the bottom) a noticeable stutter is present.

The TV is a toshiba LCD 32AV635 - however it's also hooked up to a PS3 and this artifact dosn't present either in games or DVDs.

Not sure if i'm seeing things - but 99% confident its there and its quite distracting.

The cable box itself is quite slow - seems to be some sort of memory leak as will get worse with time till I power-cycle it.

Anyways - comments or ideas welcome :)

(clearly the front runner is to call UPC which can do Monday I guess).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭quiche

actually just looking further - i think that is just that the effect is more noticeable with panning, but the stuttering seems to present with any high amount of motion - not just panning, but also zooming.

i'm guessing this will be put down to line quality/box issues?

Advertisement