Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

central heating problem some radiators not working

Options
  • 16-01-2010 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Last week during the cold weather only our radiators downstairs were working we got a plumber who told us we had a frozen pipe behind a wall we got a blow heater at the pipe and within a few hours all rads were working again two days later 3 upstairs rads stopped working again and the rest are working, so basically all downstairs radiators work and only 3 out of 7 upstairs radiators work,:confused: i would appreaciate any advice on this.
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Mod Edit : Moving to DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

try bleeding the rads.they may be air locked.if this fails turn off all other rads and this may force heat into these cold rads.if this works turn all rads back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 belleisima

Hi meercat thanks for replying i turned off the radiators downstairs and bled the system they worked for awhile but once i turned back on the radiators they went off again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

Make sure when doing as mentioned, heating fill valve is open, if valve is not open all you are doing is moving air around, you might have vented some rads by turning others off, if heating hasn't got a supply all your doing is robbing Vincent to feed Paul if you get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Sealed system-low pressure?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 belleisima

thanks everyone will try that, if that does not work i may just get a plumber

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Eyeballs

you could also try turning up the thermostat for a couple of hours, this would increase the pressure on the system and force the water around all the rads

Advertisement