Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If I did that to someone I wouldnt have a clue what to say to them either.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    If I did that to someone I wouldnt have a clue what to say to them either.

I think you start with sorry....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,615 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i watched the latest impact there

jebus lads this aces and eights thing is undoing all the good work TNA have done. Imagine 9months of this, who ever came up with this should be fired on the spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Headshot wrote: »
    i watched the latest impact there

jebus lads this aces and eights thing is undoing all the good work TNA have done. Imagine 9months of this, who ever came up with this should be fired on the spot
    Ruining months of good work is just TNA reverting to the mean. Expecting any more of them is just setting yourself up for repeated disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

They ruined TNA's momentum eight months ago, they're at least beginning to move forward again now. And in the process iMPACT! has still been an infinitely more watchable show than it used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

TNA are covering their logic holes now:

This guy must be spinning in his grave:
    03.jpg

Mandrake of IWW fame is in bracket two of TNA Gutcheck Challenge: http://www.impactwrestling.com/gutcheckchallenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I think TNA has definately come on - It's great to see them in arenas now, with decent crowds. Atmosphere is much better. Starting to resemble WCW, which at the end of the day - was really just WCW-lite when it first sprung onto the scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Mandrake of IWW fame is in bracket two of TNA Gutcheck Challenge: http://www.impactwrestling.com/gutcheckchallenge

Three other Irish names I recognise there too - Damien Corvin who I've seen wrestle a a few times for MSW, really like this guys work and I was chatting to him during intermission at a show once and he mentioned he supports Arsenal so he's alright in my book.

Tucker who I think has also wrestled for MSW is in bracket 1.

Gary Ballance who's a Dubliner (think he's with IWW) is in bracket 9.

I also notice in bracket 3 is AJ Kirsh from 'Stone Cold Steve Austin's' Tough Enough series, would like to see him do well as he seemed like a decent guy.

Ricky Reyes, Johnny Yuma and Lufisto shouldnt need to go through gutcheck to get a try out. At very least they deserve the TV version.

• Advertisement

It's what everybody's been waiting for, the Aces and 8s theme song with words!:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dixie Carter announced Chris Sabin will be returning to Impact Wrestling this month, writing on Twitter, “Big X Division news. Chris @ProjectSabin returning to#ImpactLIVE this month. He text me tonight saying he is “So Ready”. Me too!!!”
    Sabin tour his ACL and required surgery back in July of 2012. He has since been in rehabilitation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

He won't be the same when he get's back. ACL injuries really screw with a wrestler's in ring ability.

He was only back a short time after a long lay off too. Sabin doesnt rely on high flying too much, but does rely on speed. If he can change his offence to a more mat based approach, he should be fine.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

At this time, it is rumored that the TNA Bound for Glory PPV will take place on San Diego, California.

More as we get it.

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/the-rumored-tna-bound-for-glory-ppv-location/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I only catch TNA on the odd night. Haven't seen anything of the Gutcheck challange. What is the deal with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is TNA worth watching these days?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I only catch TNA on the odd night. Haven't seen anything of the Gutcheck challange. What is the deal with it?

Guys without a contract compete on iMPACT! and judges decide if they're worthy on a TNA contract. Problem is we pretty much never see anybody who wins again.
    krudler wrote: »
    Is TNA worth watching these days?

It's been the most consistently solid it's been in years. It's not an amazing show or anything but it's usually an easy, enjoyable watch every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah the talent in the gutcheck does looks pretty poor. I was even surprised when I saw Adam Pearce. He was nearly minus-a look. May bood well for the Irish guys who do have talent and are decent enough looking.

Just realised it has been almost 18 months since Angle held a title. To me, that shows a big improvement in strength in depth in the main event. Similar with Styles but he often floated in and out of the main event anyway.
    Problem is we pretty much never see anybody who wins again.

Wes Brisco won. Christian York has also stuck around a bit. Joey Ryan, despite not winning, hasnt done badly either.

• Advertisement

With we are giving our State of Impact reports here I think it is essentially the exact same meh show every week. Yes Raw can be super inconsistent but at least you should see a really good match a lot of the time. TNA has gotten away from it's in ring roots.

Far from being a meh show every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Good X match solid main event and an entertaining exhange between Kaz and Daniels and Roode and Aries,Would rather watch the same impact twice than watch Raw tbh

Every good wrestler seems to cast as a WACKY Edge & Christian type. While the most random and worst Wrestlers get baffling pushes.

Don't get me started the endless cycle of factions, things always going back to Hulk Hogan and TNA bottling it on pulling the trigger on Wrestlers when they start to get over.

Disagree. There are a lot of TNA fan boys on boards. Cant do anything wrong!

Disagree. There are a lot of TNA fan boys on boards. Cant do anything wrong!

Yes and there are a lot that will blindly hate them and never give them any credit for anything too

EdK wrote: »
    Yes and there are a lot that will blindly hate them and never give them any credit for anything too

Not me!

Not me!

Didn't say you but there are

EdK wrote: »
    Good X match

Don't want to be seen as a "the indies, bro" but that match was really uncoordinated, dull and slow compared to stuff I see in PWG, DGUSA or wherever else not to mention early to mid period TNA

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Don't want to be seen as a "the indies, bro" but that match was really uncoordinated, dull and slow compared to stuff I see in PWG, DGUSA or wherever else not to mention early to mid period TNA

Maybe but it was one of the stronger points of that show

Advertisement