Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    With we are giving our State of Impact reports here I think it is essentially the exact same meh show every week. Yes Raw can be super inconsistent but at least you should see a really good match a lot of the time. TNA has gotten away from it's in ring roots.

I'll give you the faction thing, they've constantly tried to recreate the nWo over and over again (I'm watching 2004 iMPACT!'s and they were doing it back then with Hall, Nash and Jarrett) and the the Hogan thing (though they're not quite as bad as they were in 2010/'11 with Hogan) but I think to say there's not constantly good wrestling on the show (especially in the last 18 months) is unfair. You had Hardy/Bully and the tag title match as recently as last week on one show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

No clue where to put this but since it's Jeff Jarrett, I decided to go here. I was looking on Wiki to see what he was doing these days as I reckon he's going to be coming back soon to help fight off Aces & Eights.

Anyway, he must despise May 23rd. The day Owen Hart died then eight years later, on the EXACT same date, his wife died. That has to be the worst thing that could happen to you. Your best friend and your wife dieing on the same date. Only way it could be worse is if it was the same day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I can't stand Jarrett, what's that great line from the WCW dvd "he smashed a million guitars and never drew a dime" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

krudler wrote: »
    I can't stand Jarrett, what's that great line from the WCW dvd "he smashed a million guitars and never drew a dime" :pac:

I thought it was, "Jarrett couldn't draw flies to sh*t"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I bet it was some moron who equally couldn`t draw that said that like Arn Anderson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

GTR63 wrote: »
    I bet it was some moron who equally couldn`t draw that said that like Arn Anderson

It was Mike Graham.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    It was Mike Graham.

Quite generous of the kettle to contribute his two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Double J is the man, the old boys in WCW hated him because he fcuked Vince over and made big money, and his Dad always looked out for him.

I always thought he could work and speak on the mike, he's a draw in my mind.
    I'd pay to see Jeff Jarrett.

Double J is the man, the old boys in WCW hated him because he fcuked Vince over and made big money, and his Dad always looked out for him.

I always thought he could work and speak on the mike, he's a draw in my mind.
    I'd pay to see Jeff Jarrett.

I only really know him from his WWF run and the time in WCW when there seemed to be a new champion every other week, the Russo days. He always struck me as a midcarder with delusions of grandeur tbh.

I only really know him from his WWF run and the time in WCW when there seemed to be a new champion every other week, the Russo days. He always struck me as a midcarder with delusions of grandeur tbh.

He was desperate in his initial run in the WWF, he couldn't cut a promo to save his life, Vince actually thought that there was something wrong with him.

With experience he grew, his ring skills were never in question imo.

• Advertisement

He was desperate in his initial run in the WWF, he couldn't cut a promo to save his life, Vince actually thought that there was something wrong with him.

With experience he grew, his ring skills were never in question imo.

He was really unlikeable as a heel, both during his Double J country gimmick and the 99 run feuding with Chyna, maybe I just never saw past the gimmick :pac: his look annoyed me as well and I can't figure out why lol just one of those wrestlers I never enjoyed watching I guess

He was really unlikeable as a heel, both during his Double J country gimmick and the 99 run feuding with Chyna, maybe I just never saw past the gimmick :pac: his look annoyed me as well and I can't figure out why lol just one of those wrestlers I never enjoyed watching I guess

Ah yeah we all have guys we don't like, for instance I've a serious problem with Mick Foley.

I loved Jarrett's misogynist gimmick in the late 90s, that's where he really came into his own. He was dam right to extort Vince at No Mercy 99, a man should never have to lay down for a broad. The men draw the money, the girls are a side show.

Ah yeah we all have guys we don't like, for instance I've a serious problem with Mick Foley.

I loved Jarrett's misogynist gimmick in the late 90s, that's where he really came into his own. He was dam right to extort Vince at No Mercy 99, a man should never have to lay down for a broad. The men draw the money, the girls are a side show.

I used to like Foley, met him twice, once here for a signing the other walking around with his kids in Universal Studios on Wrestlemania weekend, there's definitely things about him I like, a guy who wasn't a typical WWF wrestler being champ is admirable, be his constant self publicising and wrestling far, far longer after he should have retired has put him in the Flair house of ruining his own legacy for me. I have way more admiration for guys who leave the business and only come back for promotional appearances or manager type deals than guys going out killing themselves to stay in some sort of spotlight years after their prime.

That's quite a sexist attitude. One that doesn't work in this day and age, and it's not true at all . Women's wrestling is a proven draw. The TNA KO's divisions in 08/09 drew good numbers for TNA, and were one of the reasons people tuned in. Chyna was a big deal back in the day too. Shimmer Women Athletes does good business too, and that's a woman only promotion. As well as that you also have the likes of Trish and Lita who were considered the Stone Cold and Rock of the divas division. So I think women are more then just a side show. Unfortunately there are people in the wrestling business who have the same mentality as you, and I think that's why women get treated the way they do. But like I said before, they are proven and if given the chance they could probably do a lot better then a lot of the male wrestlers we have today. By all means, if Jeff Jarrett was told to lay down for Chyna then I don't think there's any problem with that.

P.S what's your problem with Mick Foley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I know there's some seriously talented women in SHIMMER/indies but saying they're a "proven draw" is wrong. Popping some segments in a company losing money like TNA means nothing. Maybe to you, and some others on the net, but absolutely not to the wrestling audience en masse, which is the point. It's a skewed viewpoint, a bubble here on the internet and on message boards. Regardless of the dismissive words "side show" and "broad", he is right. Especially in today's WWE environment of models who are trained to wrestle. Ignoring the massive rift in quality of promo work and in-ring talent between mainstream men & women is ridiculous, especially for a solid wrestler like Jarrett and a sloppy piece of luggage like Chyna. You could however make a case for All Japan Women's Pro-Wrestling in the 80s and early 90s, but it's not relevant today or in the Attitude Era.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I know there's some seriously talented women in SHIMMER/indies but saying they're a "proven draw" is wrong. Popping some segments in a company losing money like TNA means nothing.

If the KO division was the highlight of TNA in 2008/09, then that shows the potential women wrestlers have if given the chance. They were getting bigger ratings then the guys. It does mean something for two reasons, 1) because it shows that women can draw if given the chance, 2)That they managed to become a highlight of TNA, much like the X division did before. As far as losing money goes, well TNA are in the same position today as they were 4/5 years ago, doesn't mean we shouldn't highlight the contribution the women wrestlers made.
    Maybe to you, and some others on the net, but absolutely not to the wrestling audience en masse, which is the point. It's a skewed viewpoint, a bubble here on the internet and on message boards.

The wrestling audiences en masses are the ones bringing the ratings. It's not just the IWC who have strong feelings for women's wrestling.
    Regardless of the dismissive words "side show" and "broad", he is right. Especially in today's WWE environment of models who are trained to wrestle. Ignoring the massive rift in quality of promo work and in-ring talent between mainstream men & women is ridiculous, especially for a solid wrestler like Jarrett and a sloppy piece of luggage like Chyna.

Today's WWE is different then what it was 10 years ago. 10 years ago the WWE's women's division was big also. Trish and Lita main evented a Raw, for Lita it was her second time main eventing. Chyna was a star in the attitude era. I wasn't a fan of her myself, and yes she was really sloppy. But she deserves credit, for a woman in that time to become a big deal, when you had the likes of Rock and Austin and a lot of other big names is pretty good for a woman. I believe Sable was also pretty big too.

As for today's current women. I believe Michelle McCool said in an interview that the WWE hold the women back for fear of outshining the male wrestlers. Either way, the way WWE book their women is stupid. They had Kharma/Awesome Kong and then released her, Sara Del Rey is a trainer in WWE now but not used in a wrestling role, and their best women are used mainly for PR campaigns. But that just shows how far the woman's division has fallen due to it's direction and not a reflection on on the women.
    You could however make a case for All Japan Women's Pro-Wrestling in the 80s and early 90s, but it's not relevant today or in the Attitude Era.

Like I said before, Shimmer Women Athletes does good business despite being a women only promotion, Shine Wrestling has potential to be the same too. Women's Wrestling today can be relevant if given the chance, the problem is some people are afraid to take risks on the women or give them a chance, even TNA has gone soft and started going the WWE's route, but I attribute that to Bruce Prichard who came from WWE, and probably has the same mentality as WWE when it comes to women's wrestling.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    As for today's current women. I believe Michelle McCool said in an interview that the WWE hold the women back for fear of outshining the male wrestlers. Either way, the way WWE book their women is stupid. They had Kharma/Awesome Kong and then released her, Sara Del Rey is a trainer in WWE now but not used in a wrestling role, and their best women are used mainly for PR campaigns. But that just shows how far the woman's division has fallen due to it's direction and not a reflection on on the women.

327938_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

James Storm will have a new respect for referees from now on (from his Twitter):
    Thnx everyone for tweets. Doc says I have a torn lower ab and ligament damage. Go back wed for MRI to check for hernia.

That what the little seizure thing was?

Hopefully it doesnt keep him out for long. Especially for his sake as the Bound for Glory series is starting soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Mark Madden is having a wee troll about this;
    Most of you probably don’t care, or didn’t notice. Just as C.M. Punk is the voice of the voiceless, I serve as the brain of the brainless.

But on Thursday’s Impact, ring announcer Christy Hemme mistakenly introduced Christopher Daniels and Kazarian when Bobby Roode and Austin Aries were on their way to the ring. Aries was clearly perturbed. He made Hemme correct herself – reasonable – then trapped her in the corner and mounted the second turnbuckle, thus putting his crotch in her face. Hemme looked terrified.

Aries should be fired, or at least suspended for a significant period.

This is on-camera bullying and sexual harassment. A shoot, not part of a storyline. Hemme complained about it on Twitter.

A male performer intentionally put his genitalia in the face of a female performer in a company owned and run by a woman. If nothing happens, what’s that say about Dixie Carter as a woman? As a human being? Wrestling is a boys’ club, but that went way too far.

Could anyone possibly disagree, or justify what Aries did? Sure, Hemme made a mistake. Impact makes lots of ‘em. Impact is where mistakes go to die – or main-event, brother. Should everyone employed by Impact who makes a mistake get a crotch in their face? You’d need lots of crotches.

Aries should be terminated. He’s a nobody. A cult guy. If he left Impact, the rating would not drop one bit. Impact would not sell one less ticket.

But, to make clear: ANYBODY doing what Aries did should get canned. Even Hulk Hogan. Thing is, Hogan couldn’t climb to the second turnbuckle.

Non-action on Aries just confirms that Carter is a total mark, not to mention an idiot. This isn’t an unconfirmed backstage story. It’s not a rumor. WE ALL SAW WHAT HAPPENED. IT WAS ON NATIONAL TV.

If Aries remains with Impact and I’m Hemme, I lawyer up and sue Carter’s ass off. A different woman might own Impact. She couldn’t do worse.

Women get treated terrible at Impact. Underpaid and minimized.

Carter is just so stupid. If Paul Heyman knew her in 2001, we’d all still be chanting E-C-Dub. #MoneyMark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I checked Hemme's twitter, but I couldn't find anything relating to the incident. https://twitter.com/hemmepowered

I didn't see iMPACT but if true, it does make sense, but it does start to lose credibility when he continues with you should fire Aries because "He’s a nobody." AFAIK Hemme's the highest paid KO in TNA, right? She could do worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,615 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That was it?

talk about making a mountain out of a molehill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He's the Greatest Man That Ever Lived... She should count herself lucky.

Madden is such an assclown by the way , attention seeking of the highest order there. Faux outrage. The man is a heel, he did a heel thing and Madden was offended by it. He's a mark by definition. Appropriate first name, in fact.

I had thought he humped her face or that with the reaction of that windbag Mark Madden. Compare her treatment to that of Lilian and his argument doesn`t hold up well.

Spike TV Executive Says Aries Will Be Disciplined
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/272419-exclusive-spike-tv-executive-says-aries-wont-be-discipline

As said elsewhere: Ratings go down, World champion calls someone a ******, wrestler harasses female, Spike change programs direction. It must be making Spike wonder why it has them on the network.

Spike TV Executive Says Aries Will Be Disciplined
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/272419-exclusive-spike-tv-executive-says-aries-wont-be-discipline

As said elsewhere: Ratings go down, World champion calls someone a ******, wrestler harasses female, Spike change programs direction. It must be making Spike wonder why it has them on the network.

What else have they got now Bellator is a small fish in popular pond. They have some videogame show but they are always terrible

It must be making Spike wonder why it has them on the network.

It's usually one of their highest rated shows. Pretty straight forward.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's usually one of their highest rated shows. Pretty straight forward.

Hightest rated show with poor ad rates and Wrestling is a poor lead in general as Wrestling fans tend to feck off after the Wrestling is over.

Advertisement