Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    As said elsewhere: Ratings go down, World champion calls someone a ******, wrestler harasses female, Spike change programs direction. It must be making Spike wonder why it has them on the network.

Last I checked they didn't cancel TNA in 2007 when TNA had similar ratings because they were upset that Jarrett hit Traci Brooks with a guitar. There's no need to be quite so alarmist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Last I checked they didn't cancel TNA in 2007 when TNA had similar ratings because they were upset that Jarrett hit Traci Brooks with a guitar. There's no need to be quite so alarmist.

Not being alarmist nothing I've said isn't untrue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,305 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

GTR63 wrote: »

Thought you said fired for a sec and was going to go on a rant about how the world has gone mad etc etc.

Source

TNA wrestler Zema Ion sent out a tweet earlier this week, stating that he had been rushed to the hospital for severe stomach pains.
    The former X-Division Champion has updated his condition with a post on his official Facebook account, confirming appendicitis. Further tests have also shown that Ion has a tumor, for which he will require more surgery.

"I'm alive! Seriously thank you all for the get well wishes. Means the world to me. I was rushed to the hospital lasts night for sharp stomach pains i was having. I couldnt stop puking. For like 9 straight hours. I didnt wanna go to the hosptial, but the pain was too much to handle. Thank god i went, as i ended up having appendicitis and had to have my appendix removed today. I consider this a blessing in disguise too, coz the cat scans also revealed that i have a tumor on my colon and will eventually need another surgery to try and remove it. Hoping it is not cancerous. Pray for me! This really sucks lol"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jaysus hope its not the big C

Jaysus hope its not the big C

Inhaling all those aerosols can't be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

lol says he.

• Advertisement

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/06/bellator-not-one-fc-inks-ex-ufc-champ-quinton-rampage-jackson
    Ok only partially Tna related but Rampage has signed up with Bellator, hope Tna do a tag match with him and King Mo. It'd make some use of the latter anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Where is King Mo anyway? Is he injured again?

Similar question, where is Matt Morgan? Came back for one week, passed out to Sting and hasnt been seen since. He could have just tapped out at that rate if the passing out wasnt going to lead to anything.

King Mo is training in OVW, I seen a vid of him at a indie show that Kenny King was at where he choked a guy out, they made a deal of it but as with everything in wrestling like that it even looked like a worked angle.
    He lost his Bellator debut too.
    Apparently Rampage was that BIG free agent, sure he was in MMA but Wrestling....
    Wonder would New Japan ask to use him, he's miles more legit than Bob Sapp who only throws fights for a living.

Alex Silva (the first Gut Check winner) is gone from the roster page which usually means gone from the company. He was signed for roughly a year and did virtually nothing.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Alex Silva (the first Gut Check winner) is gone from the roster page which usually means gone from the company. He was signed for roughly a year and did virtually nothing.

He showed up late for his match with shaw, so late they cut the angle that Aces and 8's beat him up. No loss anyway, didn't that moron Flair get him signed up anyway.

Unless he had a legit reason for being late, he's an idiot. He wont be getting a better chance than what he had. TNA are just now starting to use the Gut Check guys too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Partial Source: Pwinsider
    TNA has released former X-Division, TV and Tag-Team champion Douglas Williams from his contract. Williams had been training talent in OVW for the company since last summer.

Williams is the second release, following that of announcer Todd Keneley. It is possible that TNA may release more names for cost-cutting purposes.

Yeah that is an interesting thing as he is 40 years old and my goodness TNA needs all the help in can get training the OVW guys. Wonder if Doug can stay in US now he is unemployed?

The Wrestling landscape is another universe relative to the one he left for TNA. His old stomping ground ROH changed hands and bookers several times and Pro Wrestling NOAH has fallen to the level of a small indie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I wonder if Finlay'd still take indy-bookings even though he's been back with the 'E for an agent for a while; once you're not on a performer-contract you're allowed. I'd chew off limbs to see Doug Williams vs Finlay.

Yes, even a Finlay in his mid-fifties.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/06/bellator-not-one-fc-inks-ex-ufc-champ-quinton-rampage-jackson
    Ok only partially Tna related but Rampage has signed up with Bellator, hope Tna do a tag match with him and King Mo. It'd make some use of the latter anyway.

Rampage on tonight

https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/342023493732429826

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He showed up late for his match with shaw, so late they cut the angle that Aces and 8's beat him up. No loss anyway, didn't that moron Flair get him signed up anyway.

On Wrestletalk, wrestlers were asked about the best rib they've either witnessed or heard of. Daniels and Kaz said hiring Silva was a great rib by Flair. Was funny

CastorTroy wrote: »
    On Wrestletalk, wrestlers were asked about the best rib they've either witnessed or heard of. Daniels and Kaz said hiring Silva was a great rib by Flair. Was funny

I seen that, CD and Kaz are always good in the Question of the Week segment.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Source

TNA wrestler Zema Ion sent out a tweet earlier this week, stating that he had been rushed to the hospital for severe stomach pains.
    The former X-Division Champion has updated his condition with a post on his official Facebook account, confirming appendicitis. Further tests have also shown that Ion has a tumor, for which he will require more surgery.

"I'm alive! Seriously thank you all for the get well wishes. Means the world to me. I was rushed to the hospital lasts night for sharp stomach pains i was having. I couldnt stop puking. For like 9 straight hours. I didnt wanna go to the hosptial, but the pain was too much to handle. Thank god i went, as i ended up having appendicitis and had to have my appendix removed today. I consider this a blessing in disguise too, coz the cat scans also revealed that i have a tumor on my colon and will eventually need another surgery to try and remove it. Hoping it is not cancerous. Pray for me! This really sucks lol"

Zema Ion is schedule to undergo surgery next month to remove a tumor from his colon. The former X-Division champion revealed on Twitter that six weeks of recovery will be needed, then he should be “good to go.”

Hope it all goes well and he can be back in action before long. I wasnt a fan at first but he won me over.

Remember how many of us were wondering why Todd was let go despite being the best of the three? That decision looks even dumber now as Taz's contract is up in a few weeks and has made tweets suggesting a WWE return.

Seems like TNA feel as if they have to do something stupid every now and then.

Tell Taz to f**k off and go lose 80lbs and then rehire Don West. Todd was terr....oh dear god DO NOT under ANY circumstances hire than annoying twonk Matt Striker jesus christ now he is awful.
    I wonder will WWE just by default give Taz a big push since he is 40+ and returning?

Todd was definitely the best of the three. Matt Striker would be a serious upgrade too.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Remember how many of us were wondering why Todd was let go despite being the best of the three? That decision looks even dumber now as Taz's contract is up in a few weeks and has made tweets suggesting a WWE return.

Taz leaves and they run with a team of Tenay and JB. *Crosses fingers and hopes Taz actually goes*

• Advertisement

Striker is awful!

All his storys are too long winded for a color commentator and seem to take an age to get to the point hes making!

Advertisement