Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

It looks as if they've crossed the NXT title with the old Intercontinental title and then made it into a replica toy. Unnecessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Doesnt look as small here:

aeiZvWl.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Not sure about veracity of this but Janice does have a rep of as the No woman:
    Basically, Janice Carter got Bruce to do the dirty work and fire everyone, which was a tough job obviously and something he hated doing. Then when that was done, she turned around, thanked him for his services and fired him.

How gangster is Janice?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

they are copying my beloved wcw to a tee,TNA are making the same mistakes aries should be pushed big time ever since aces and eights arrived hes done nothing,although that x-division match against saban was awesome.

they are copying my beloved wcw to a tee,TNA are making the same mistakes aries should be pushed big time ever since aces and eights arrived hes done nothing,although that x-division match against saban was awesome.

I think he will win the BFGS.
    Especially now that Sabin is champion. The two have been having a little feud lately that would be a great starting point.

• Advertisement

From contracts to visas to wages to licenses. TNA doesn't seem to have a functioning front office:
    Something has gone majorly wrong at tonight's TNA house show. A majority of the wrestlers were not able to compete because an issue occurred with there wrestling licenses. The company offered refunds and free fan interaction.

One fan said that they were only getting five matches with the same eight wrestlers. The show lasted 75 minutes. The same fan said that the state athletic commission wasn't allowing them to compete. Refunds were offered before the second match. For those who didn't take refunds went to Fan Interaction after the show, free of charge. An estimated 250 people were in attendance.

- James Storm tweeted the following regarding the situation

"@Cowboy_J_Storm: Want to say thank you Cape Girardeau. We busted our asses to give you a great show. Thank you for believing in @IMPACTWRESTLING ."

- Bully Ray, Devon, Gunner, and James Storm competed in more than one match. Bischoff, Brisco, Tessmacher, Jay Bradley and Sabin were not allowed to wrestle, along with a few others.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think he will win the BFGS.
    Especially now that Sabin is champion. The two have been having a little feud lately that would be a great starting point.

just watched it,id say he have it,for all of two shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

rovert wrote: »
    From contracts to visas to wages to licenses. TNA doesn't seem to have a functioning front office:

Wonder how many of the people looking for refunds was due to not being able to see bischoff and Brisco wrestle. :)

According to ProWrestling.net, Dixie Carter, Jeff Jarrett, TNA CFO Dean Broadhead and EVP Andy Barton were all backstage at last week's Impact Wrestling, and spoke to the entire TNA locker room about possibly continuing with budget cuts, warning everyone that they were still being evaluated.

Taping all the One Night Only pay-per-views earlier this year. These shows were pre-recorded in place of the eight pay-per-view events that TNA cut from their annual schedule, in order to save money.

There's still TNA fans - lots of them who refuse to believe that it is budget cuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

There's still TNA fans - lots of them who refuse to believe that it is budget cuts.

Seriously? :rolleyes:
    They seem to be just firing shots in the dark now with no clue what to do next. They`d seriously have to consider giving Brooke the bullet she offers nothing & yet I bet is one of the high earners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Surely Gut Check should just be scrapped now. They have released most of the winners and those that they haven't aren't exactly lighting the screens up aka Sam Shaw and Jay Bradley. The only one I can see a place for is Lei'D Tapa and that's purely based on the fact that they need more Knockouts rather than her actual abilities. Why the ever let Ivelisse go i'll never know

Surely Gut Check should just be scrapped now. They have released most of the winners and those that they haven't aren't exactly lighting the screens up aka Sam Shaw and Jay Bradley. The only one I can see a place for is Lei'D Tapa and that's purely based on the fact that they need more Knockouts rather than her actual abilities. Why the ever let Ivelisse go i'll never know

Brisco won too.

It needs an overhaul. Put it to a fan vote and that will tell them if people actually want to see them again. If that was the case from the start, Joey Ryan would have been signed but I doubt anyone else. Maybe Sam Shaw?

Even do a 50-50 so they can still say no if they dont want to sign them.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Seriously? :rolleyes:

Just trimming the fat, brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eric Bischoff has posted the following on Twitter regarding Jesse Sorensen's TNA release:

Nothing but respect and support for Jesse Sorensen. Stay strong, never lose
    your determination, and success will find you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

bit rough considering the neck an all, surely he should have been secure in some sort of job back stage, am sure a lawsuit could be arranged now against tna

also where has zema ion been for a while or have i just not remembered seeing him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He has a growth in his bladder and requires 10's of thousands of dollars to get surgery on it. Rough.

montyrebel wrote: »
    bit rough considering the neck an all, surely he should have been secure in some sort of job back stage, am sure a lawsuit could be arranged now against tna

Had he been released the day after he'd have a case, but not 18 months later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

its america he will find a someone to represent him easy enough in a case against the if he decides to go down that route.

didnt know abut the growth etc but surely give him a job for life etc is great publicity and they could use that at the moment.

personally I cant see TNA still going in say 2 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

montyrebel wrote: »
    its america he will find a someone to represent him easy enough in a case against the if he decides to go down that route.

didnt know abut the growth etc but surely give him a job for life etc is great publicity and they could use that at the moment.

personally I cant see TNA still going in say 2 years

Apparently Sorensen was a high earner in his role. Not defending it but it goes to show you the length they'll go to penny pinching.

eric bischoff needs to be given full and total control.

• Advertisement

eric bischoff needs to be given full and total control.

What would he do besides what he already has? Production upgrades and a very, very flawd plan for touring TV nationally.

What would he do besides what he already has? Production upgrades and a very, very flawd plan for touring TV nationally.

wwe propaganda.... the mans a genius he has never had real power at TNA at the very least he would improve the company.

TNA has to tour. :rolleyes: anyone that watched TNA before they started touring knows that.

wwe propaganda.... the mans a genius he has never had real power at TNA at the very least he would improve the company.

Not sure if serious. If anything TNA's failed attempt to draw on the road actually hurts the case of him being a "genius" and futher bolsters the case that the man he excluded from his autobiography - Zane Bresloff was the straw that stirred the drink.
    TNA has to tour. :rolleyes: anyone that watched TNA before they started touring knows that.

That's not true at all in reality. The wasn't a business for them to leave the Impact zone.

That's not true at all in reality. The wasn't a business for them to leave the Impact zone.

the attendances are to be expected they are only on the road all of a couple of months...really what did you expect?? they are a growing company they have to build towards a stadium fan base.

the attendances are to be expected they are only on the road all of a couple of months...really what did you expect??

I expected this to be as big of a failure as it has been. Trying to create demand for the product by doing national TV when it is so costly and demand is as low as it is was an immensely stupid idea/bet.
    they are a growing company they have to build towards a stadium fan base.

How are they growing? If they were growing they wouldn't be making the most amount of budget cuts in their history.

I expected this to be as big of a failure as it has been. Trying to create demand for the product by doing national TV when it is so costly and demand is as low as it is was an immensely stupid idea/bet.

How are they growing? If they were growing they wouldn't be making the most amount of budget cuts in their history.

would you not call making your company available to the whole country growing?

the budget cuts are a correction to a prior problem of wasteful spending,they dont have the money that wwe have or wcw did have,if anything the budget cuts are a progressive move.

the wwe are children based entertainment they are the disney of wrestling if TNA stay on the same course they will end up with a higher rated better product aimed at adults,but people cant compare them to the wwe, thats like comparing mickey mouse to peter griffin.

Tna are a tiny company give them time.

would you not call making your company available to the whole country growing?

When it isn't attracting an audience large enough that you are sustaining heavy losses no that isn't growing.
    the budget cuts are a correction to a prior problem of wasteful spending,they dont have the money that wwe have or wcw did have,if anything the budget cuts are a progressive move.

No the budget cuts were made as there has been no increase in revenue from national touring.
    the wwe are children based entertainment they are the disney of wrestling if TNA stay on the same course they will end up with a higher rated better product aimed at adults

How?

TNA isn't better than WWE in any appreciable way. They don't create a new stars. I see little potential in TNA under the status quo.
    Tna are a tiny company give them time.

When is the last time they showed growth? House shows flat, ratings down, PPV down.

ah your TV-PG.

this conversation is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Bar international TV clearance, TNA stopped growing in 2007 (for reasons that are pretty obvious).

• Advertisement

ah your TV-PG.

this conversation is over.

Great point well made. For a non-PG product I don't find TNA all that edgy. Raw is probably more edgy than Impact. The only real non-PG thing is that the knockouts show more cleavage (wrong week to say that I know :P). Maybe Bully Ray says "heck" or "damn" once in a while. But what else?

TNA is hardly ECW is it?

Advertisement