Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Does Jarret still have any control within TNA or is he solely one of the talent these days?

I'm pretty sure he still owns a small percentage of the company and he does still play a role backstage (he was the guy in charge of Ring Ka King for example).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

There have been far too few small children beaten up in wrestling lately. :)

You Rang

03thestroke_480x480.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

26.jpg

well he was class in wcw,but hes gone a bit stale now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Does Jarret still have any control within TNA or is he solely one of the talent these days?

Vice President AFAIK.

Think he still has a small amount of shares. Panda own 72% I believe. The other 28% is likely Jarrett.

This is clearly a swerve and Muta is the guy behind those videos:
    On Tuesday afternoon, Japanese wrestling legend The Great Muta was at the TNA Offices in Nashville, Tennessee for a business meeting with TNA officials, including TNA founder Jeff Jarrett. The Great Muta, who runs Japan's WRESTLE-1 promotion under Gen Sports Entertainment, was in Nashville to discuss future opportunities between TNA and WRESTLE-1. ImpactWrestling.com will have more details on the meeting in the coming weeks!
    b62ba0d27659c1ae0790ce2d006d39e1_L.jpg?t=943938000

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

TNA has gone from having a deal with New Japan to a company who has run a show. OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I'm fairly certain I can alter the voice to get it sounding like the proper voice. Will I bother to upload it?

rovert wrote: »
    TNA has gone from having a deal with New Japan to a company who has run a show. OK.

Wtf is their deals anyway they had guys in NOAH, NJPW the last few years and now this. Safe to say I am :confused:

GTR63 wrote: »
    Wtf is their deals anyway they had guys in NOAH, NJPW the last few years and now this. Safe to say I am :confused:

TNA's treatment of Okada, New Japan's golden child seemed to be the tipping point is how it was explained to me. Forget how they treated him on screen. TNA was essentially meant to take care of him in real life the same way a lot of households are taking care of Spanish students currently. But apparently TNA fell well short of that and Alex Shelley took Okada under his roof as well as teaching the American style of Wrestling to Okada. As a result Alex has a job for life.

The final nail seemed to Jeff Hardy's perfornance on New Japan's biggest show:

Wasn't drug related Jeff in his infinite wisdom decided to take a back bump on a lit campfire a few days before. So had burns all over his back and was in a tonne of pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

So I had a bash at decoding the audio, it's not perfect but gives you a better idea who it is. I personally don't have a clue.

I posted it on soundcloud have a listen and see if it helps!

https://soundcloud.com/nazmosonds/august-1st-tna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Doesn't sound recognisable to me anyway

It's a shame TNA never took any advantage of their New Japan connection after 2006. Between 2008-2010 they had Okada, Naito and Tanahashi for extended periods and did absolutely nothing with them. And after that they didn't bother.

Imagine Prince Devitt in the X Division :(

Im only a passing and i am disgusted to learn matt morgan has left TNA,what are they at he couldnt of been more under used,and another ''massive'' mistake is their use of austin aries,they basically created this guys career,he has every thing you need to be a super star the fans love him like hes a face even though hes a heel.id say if the wwe were to sign a TNA wrestler tomorrow he would be first on their list,he could be the new jericho FFS!!

they need to get rid of angle etc and use their youth. i wouldnt mind they have a lot of amazing young wrestlers going to waste.

Matt Morgan is a useless lump who has proven to be a bust.

Angle is the last veteran they should drop.

Edit: I keep making the same mistake in this thread.

In other news Davey Richards keeps cancelling indy bookings. The latest is PWG's Battle of LA two night tournament a weekend known to be an absolute blast for Wrestlers both artistically and socially. His ROH deal is up in August too. Many people are speculating this is a further sign he is TNA bound.

Matt Morgan is a useless lump who has proven to be a bust.

Angle is the last veteran they should drop.

Wrong.

morgan's match against sting for the number one contender was top class.
    and the fans loved him,just as fans in wwe did!

yes they should keep angle and his huge contract after all, the building shakes with the fans excitement when he enters the ring,he could barely get a reaction in his home town a couple of shows ago....:rolleyes:

In other news Davey Richards keeps cancelling indy bookings. The latest is PWG's Battle of LA two night tournament a weekend known to be an absolute blast for Wrestlers both artistically and socially. His ROH deal is up in August too. Many people are speculating this is a further sign he is TNA bound.

He's been my prediction for the mystery man.

And Matt Morgan hasn't had a top class match since Angle in 2009. Plus the thing about TNA and using their youth is that Chris Sabin is World Champ and Magnus is leading the BFG Series. They're doing an okay job in that department.

I think stylistically Davey could give the X-Division a serious Samoa Joe style kick in the butt but man managing him as well directing him match wise you probably need a horse whisper type person to make sure he doesn't decide to do a 50 minute match on Impact!

TNA has done that job fairly well. Whether it be Hardy or Angle's drug issues or Austin Aries's massive ego and bitching. Unlike Low Ki Davey isn't a dangerous bully and doesn't mind jobbing just he likes to wrestle his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I think stylistically Davey could give the X-Division a serious Samoa Joe style kick in the butt but man managing him as well directing him match wise you probably need a horse whisper type person to make sure he doesn't decide to do a 50 minute match on Impact!

TNA has done that job fairly well. Whether it be Hardy or Angle's drug issues or Austin Aries's massive ego and bitching. Unlike Low Ki Davey isn't a dangerous bully and doesn't mind jobbing just he likes to wrestle his way.

What's this about Davey and Low Ki? Don't know much about them or what they're like backstage.

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »
    What's this about Davey and Low Ki? Don't know much about them or what they're like backstage.

Long story short Low Ki thinks it is real and that he is a real fighter therefore he shouldn't lose. Small man's complex. Will bully those smaller than him in the ring or those he can "take".

Davey is kind of a sociopath who is alright once you get to know him personally. He just has his own "Davey being Davey" way.

Im only a passing and i am disgusted to learn matt morgan has left TNA,what are they at he couldnt of been more under used,and another ''massive'' mistake is their use of austin aries,they basically created this guys career,he has every thing you need to be a super star the fans love him like hes a face even though hes a heel.id say if the wwe were to sign a TNA wrestler tomorrow he would be first on their list,he could be the new jericho FFS!!

they need to get rid of angle etc and use their youth. i wouldnt mind they have a lot of amazing young wrestlers going to waste.

Morgan was given 1001 chances and never once got any sort of decent reaction. Nobody cares about him. Add in that he isn't anything special in the ring and why bother?

WWE rejected Aries before he signed with TNA. He went to them, and they said no.

Angle and Hardy are right near the bottom on the list of big names to get rid of.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Morgan was given 1001 chances and never once got any sort of decent reaction. Nobody cares about him. Add in that he isn't anything special in the ring and why bother?

WWE rejected Aries before he signed with TNA. He went to them, and they said no.

Angle and Hardy are right near the bottom on the list of big names to get rid of.

i disagree.

hardy is washed up,even the fans were booing him in his last match and chanting ''you tapped out'' i laughed. :D

hardy is washed up,even the fans were booing him in his last match and chanting ''you tapped out'' i laughed. :D

Hardy has been fantastic for the last year and a half, probably his best in terms of straight up in ring stuff. And I like how you ignore the fact that that match against Styles was very good.

Hardy has been fantastic for the last year and a half, probably his best in terms of straight up in ring stuff. And I like how you ignore the fact that that match against Styles was very good.

yeah simply because of stlyes who BTW doesnt suit that gimmick at all.

aries has been the one consistent performer in TNA!

Since Hardy was sent home after that incident, he has been better than ever. It's like he knows he fcuked up, so is doing everything he can to ensure that isn't how he is remembered.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Wrong.

morgan's match against sting for the number one contender was top class.
    and the fans loved him,just as fans in wwe did!

yes they should keep angle and his huge contract after all, the building shakes with the fans excitement when he enters the ring,he could barely get a reaction in his home town a couple of shows ago....:rolleyes:

just want to say that others have gotten into trouble or changed their posting style because being dismissive like this (just an example and not just for you to note) can cause an adverse reaction to your posts. This is just an on thread warning and should not be responded to (if you must it should be a pm) but please take care not to antagonize anyone with such responses to their opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Imagine Prince Devitt in the X Division :(

Happier with what he's doing where he is tbh!

It's a shame TNA never took any advantage of their New Japan connection after 2006. Between 2008-2010 they had Okada, Naito and Tanahashi for extended periods and did absolutely nothing with them. And after that they didn't bother.

lYou`d hardly remember alrite, think I remembered Tanahashi taking on Styles back in the days of the 8pm Sunday PPVs on TWC. I do remember the Dragons gate guys being unreal. I always remember JB name dropping Devitt on a spin cycle or backstage segment on Xplosion thinking they should of gotten him to book talent for the specials instead of Bruce Pritchard who could not of done a worse job.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    lYou`d hardly remember alrite, think I remembered Tanahashi taking on Styles back in the days of the 8pm Sunday PPVs on TWC. I do remember the Dragons gate guys being unreal. I always remember JB name dropping Devitt on a spin cycle or backstage segment on Xplosion thinking they should of gotten him to book talent for the specials instead of Bruce Pritchard who could not of done a worse job.

Tanahashi cancelled his TNA bookings once he was told what NJ had in mind. Can't blame TNA for that one.

Okada, Naito and to a lesser extent, Yujiro, they fcuked up with. It's shocking how bad they fcuked up with Okada. Even if he wasnt going to be a focus, give him a partner and let them be a regular midcard team instead of a jobber.

Advertisement