Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

After his DWI arrest in Texas after last night's Impact, Kurt Angle announced the following on his Twitter:

I am blessed to have the support of my family, my friends and my company. In light of recent events I will immediately be entering a rehabilitation center. I realize that this is a pivotal time in my life and I ask for your understanding as well as your prayers and continued support. I am confident that in taking these steps I can begin to address necessary changes in my life.

Who knows if he is sincere. Certainly the legally prudent thing to do regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The cause of TNA's financial woe's may have been found.

547142_664784576883372_597253875_n.jpg

Why on earth are they using venue's that size?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It might actually be cheaper to get bigger venues because they can be more competitive. And they might not be able to fit their set up in a smaller building. Plus the venue costs are probably the least of their troubles on the road.

I'm watching an iMPACT! from May 2005 and Don West just suggested that David Young and Lex Lovett are intimidating because they're both bald. Clearly not intimidating enough considering The Naturals beat them handily. I miss Don.

Turns out that same show was TNA's last on FSN after they got cancelled. No mention of there being no iMPACT! the week after, just a normal show and they didn't come back. I know there was a lot of talk about TNA going under in late 2004 but was there much around the time they got cancelled by FSN? They did come back a month later with web shows (in some ways ahead of their time) and still did Slammiversary as scheduled.

• Advertisement

As a play on Shark Week, TNA are doing a Shark Boy Week on their site and they posted this wonderful gem of a match:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10032764.shtml

Magnus has signed a 2 year extension, a good bit of business by Tna for once.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Boo! I quite like Magnus and was hoping we'd see him in WWE sooner or later...

That report also said:
    FSM is also aware of at least one high-profile TNA contract offer that has been verbally dismissed by the employee in question.

and
    FSM can confirm that top talents Samoa Joe and Bobby Roode have also signed new deals with TNA.

Elsewhere in erm speculation Meltzer keeps talking about the idea of Smackdown jumping to SPIKE TV for a greater TV rights fee. With no reference to the consequences for TNA. Odd.

They need to make sure the likes of Aries, Styles etc are all tied up too. After the awful job Prichard was doing, who knows when they are up.

The high profile I think could be Sting. He has to be really considering calling it a day soon.

Actually, Hogan would be up soon. Signed in 2009, re-signed in 2011.... We can hope :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh yeah this from the Observer:
    Taryn Terrell, 27, missed the TV this weekend for personal reasons and at this point she’s not expected back any time soon. Terrell was actually scheduled to win the Knockouts title from Mickie James at Bound for Glory in October. That leaves them with five woman wrestlers on the roster, Velvet Sky, Gail Kim, ODB, Miss Tessmacher and James. And James’ contract is expiring soon. James and A.J. are pretty clearly the two best female characters in wrestling right now, but her being let go by WWE was not an issue of her performance, so who knows if they’ll be interested in her. I’d almost bet not since, even though there are no longer any restrictions from the top like there were when the lawsuit was going on, WWE has not been quick to go after TNA talent.

Some are taking personal reasons as Taryn being pregnant.

If Magnus and Mickie James are still a couple James will likely ultimately resign. I would guess they would want her to take a pay cut from the money she was signed first for. Dixie courted James for ages and ages & was very public about thinking Mickie was a big deal.

Jesse Sorenson did a shoot interview last weekend with Highspots so expect that situation to flare up again.

I'll be very surprised if Mickie leaves. TNA have backed her with pretty much everything since she joined. The handy schedule is sure to help since she seems to want to continue the music career too. I dont think she is going anywhere.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'll be very surprised if Mickie leaves. TNA have backed her with pretty much everything since she joined. The handy schedule is sure to help since she seems to want to continue the music career too. I dont think she is going anywhere.

I don't think this woman would want James back either:
    tumblr_mqrvbfJ8XR1sxmf6fo1_250.gif

Don't read what I am quoting it is a waste of your time. Dixie is doing seemingly doing worked Q&As:
    AUGUST 8 QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:

Tweet from @1masterjr
    @TNADixie will we ever see the Great Muta in TNA?

A. It was wonderful to have Muta visit last week at our TNA offices in Nashville. There are a lot of exciting business opportunities in Japan, and some incredible talent as well that I'd love to showcase on Impact. We have a great home on Nippon Television G+ Sports every Saturday night and hope to bring IMPACT to Japan in the future.

Tweet from @sahilstylin
    @TNADixie . I m sure u have been asked before, but is there any chances for a UK PPV? I would be the first one to pay to see it!

A. Would love this, but I always say I want more people to be able to see the great UK audiences worldwide on Impact vs how many would see it on a PPV platform. But we will definitely have a PPV there one day.

Tweet from @CYGY
    @TNADixie Any chance we can see "The Alpha Male" Monty Brown back in TNA? He had so much potential to be a main event draw in 2004/05!

A. Monty Brown is still one of my favorite TNA stars from our early days. He was able to transition from the NFL to the ring and showed good charisma. Monty is now retired and currently lives in Michigan.

Tweet from @Carstenrechnage
    @TNADixie hey dixie is the 10 reunion going to be available on youtube?

A. It already is available. Watch it on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwf2LWrM6LQ

Tweet from @jctjak
    @TNADixie is there a chance of TNA going to the Philippines? You do have fans here.. I would love to watch TNA live.. :)

A. We are always entertaining offers to tour overseas but have a tremendous television taping and domestic live event schedule to contend with that can make it challenging. Like yourself, many of our fans outside of America subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up on things, and we really have upped our level of exclusive content over the last month at http://www.youtube.com/impactwrestling

Tweet from @ireallyamadork
    @TNADixie i'm on the west coast, is there a way to watch #tnaimpact live instead of 3 hours behind?

A. Most TV networks run a "West Coast Feed" to compensate for the time zone changes with their prime time programming. Although there is no way to change that, we watch the #IMPACTLive twitter responses from both feeds.

Tweet from @RealJMontgomery
    @TNADixie #askdixie Will there be any special signings with Hogan or Sting for VIP weekend pass holders at BFG fan interaction???

A. We will be announcing a complete VIP Weekend schedule closer to the Bound for Glory event.

Tweet from @JustinPierce07
    @TNADixie any public signings by any talent around the Norfolk show?

A. Absolutely! You can meet meet Magnus, Mickie James and Jeremy Borash on Wednesday, August 14th from 4-6pm at Direct Auto Insurance 875 East Little Creek Road in Norfolk

@Carstenrechnage for example just has one Tweet and has all the hallmarks of a dummy account.

The Q+A thing looked like an awful idea, I think some are legit(2 or 3 at most) and others clearly aren't but she'd never answer the hard questions she must be getting.
    While I agree with Meltzer that James' character has been a hoot I have to say Gail Kim has been on a great run in 2013.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: The Wrestling Observer
    Hulk Hogan making a deal with Take-Two Interactive to be part of the upcoming WWE 2K14 video game definitely turned some heads and started speculation about his future with TNA according to sources. Hogan’s deal with TNA allowed him to make outside deals like that although many took it as a very public “slap to the face” of TNA.

He hasn’t been featured on TNA television for the last four weeks and wasn’t at the last two iMPACT! Wrestling TV tapings. Hogan is scheduled to return at the tapings this Thursday (8/28) in Cleveland. Keeping Hogan off the show was described as a “significant cost savings” for TNA. Hogan’s deal with TNA is believed to be expiring over the new few months. Some say it’s expiring in October but we can’t confirm that as of this writing.

More as we get it. Stay tuned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Probably the best match in TNA history!

EdK wrote: »
    Probably the best match in TNA history!

On one of the ROH Straight Shooting shoot interviews two of the lads in it said they had planned out for it to go 15 minutes longer but one of them started the finishing sequence too early.

But yeah phenomenal match. Miss that TNA hard.

This is worth your time:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was waiting for Ryback to come in from the other side

TNA announced that Magnus would miss tonight's Impact Wrestling taping. He wrote on his Twitter that he was "en route Stateside" after getting his work visa renewed, so that may be the issue.

Magnus was scheduled to wrestle on Impact tonight and with him missing the show, they have announced the following changes to the show.

Magnus, due to an unforeseen issue, will not be appearing on tonight’s Impact Wrestling on Spike TV. Magnus currently has competed in 5 matches and was scheduled to face Kazarian on Xplosion this week and Jeff Hardy on Spike TV tonight. Due to the circumstances, TNA officials have met and made the following decision:

Magnus will stand with his current total of 39 points. Jeff Hardy and Kazarian will face each other tonight on Impact Wrestling on Spike TV to make up their originally scheduled match with Magnus. Also the originally scheduled Kazarian vs. Hernandez match will move to Xplosion this week.

“Must Win Thursday“ tonight will now feature three matches with serious implications on the BFG Series Final Four scheduled for No Surrender in St. Louis; Austin Aries vs. Christopher Daniels, Jeff Hardy vs. Frankie Kazarian, and AJ Styles vs. Bobby Roode. Tune in tonight at 9/8c for all this and the return of Hulk Hogan on Spike TV.

TNA fecking up paperwork again?

rovert wrote: »
    TNA fecking up paperwork again?

Either that or his travel was messed up, he was in the UK for the last while shooting that Strongman show.

He signed a new contract recently so I'd assume the work visa's are renewed at that time. I reckon it was bad planning with flights or something. Hopefully it doesnt cost him too badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PWInsider reports that AJ Styles and TNA has agreed to a short term contract extension. Styles’ contract was originally set to expire very shortly and both sides were said to be working on a compromise that would keep him with the company.
    The report states that no one was able to comment where Styles has agreed to a short term or long term deal, but it’s clear after the events that took place on Thursday’s Impact episode that he will be with the company for a little while longer.

From the latest Hogan interview: http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/television/q-a-hulk-hogan-talks-tna-past-matches-and-memories/article_7fc69a85-ec53-5599-8bd2-077c4de28b62.html
    Which TNA young talent has the most star potential? I'm pretty much torn between Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles. They both get it. They both have the "it" factor. It's a toss-up because they both shine and they outshine each other certain times. I think either one of those guys has the potential to go on to greatness.

:cool:

That sprightly youngster Jeff Hardy could really be something someday.

Hogan now is like that guy at your club running down his contract who doesn't give a shít. Like Foley and Flair i'll be delighted when he fùcks off.

That sprightly youngster Jeff Hardy could really be something someday.

I REALLY thought TNA got over calling AJ a "young and up comer" around Spring 2010.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    I REALLY thought TNA got over calling AJ a "young and up comer" around Spring 2010.

Thankfully everybody else has, there was kind of a period where Styes/Daniels/Joe/Roode/Storm etc. suddenly went from up and comers to experienced veterans all at once. Unfortunately Hogan lives in a different world to all of us.

Advertisement