Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GTR63 wrote: »
    Why bother hyping him up when people are only going to go, who the fúck is that?

Isnt that the point of hyping people up? Let people give an idea of who they are beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Isnt that the point of hyping people up? Let people give an idea of who they are beforehand.

After the Tito thing I would sooner back the Matri -> Milan signing than back a mystery TNA one. Can`t remember the last TNA signing I was buzzing about probably Aries. I`d love a Jay Lethal or Alex Shelley but both are about as likely as Tessmacher going back to baggy shorts.

After the Tito thing I would sooner back the Matri -> Milan signing than back a mystery TNA one. Can`t remember the last TNA signing I was buzzing about probably Aries. I`d love a Jay Lethal or Alex Shelley but both are about as likely as Tessmacher going back to baggy shorts.

Aries was only about two years ago, not that bad really. Have they even made many signings since?

Forget about Shelley too. He has a job for life in NJPW. Unless they go tits up a World X Cup is the most you'll see of him in TNA or WWE. Lethal wouldnt surprise me. He isnt doing much in ROH these days.

Aries was only about two years ago, not that bad really. Have they even made many signings since?

Forget about Shelley too. He has a job for life in NJPW. Unless they go tits up a World X Cup is the most you'll see of him in TNA or WWE. Lethal wouldnt surprise me. He isnt doing much in ROH these days.

2+ years is an awful long time considering the amount of wasted cash.
    Speaking of wasting cash an update that I hope is BS. Contains spoilers so I tagged it.
    As previously reported, Hulk Hogan may have been written off of TNA television during the tapings for next week's edition of iMPACT! Wrestling, which were filmed on Thursday night in Little Rock, Arkansas.
    For those who missed it, the main event angle for next week's show will see Hulk Hogan respond to the ultimatum given to him by Dixie Carter on this week's live iMPACT! Wrestling broadcast. Hogan ultimately "quits the company," with Dixie on her knees begging him to stay as the show goes off the air.
    According to one source, this could be an attempt by TNA to simply swerve the audience, as Hogan, whose contract is up next Tuesday, may have already signed a new deal with the company. This could be TNA's way of milking the real-life drama going on right now in the company, with so many contracts expiring and name-talent parting ways with the promotion.
    If Hogan has re-signed, the feeling is that running this angle would seem very real, due to the aforementioned situation with so many high-profile talents leaving due to the inability to come to terms with the company on new agreements.
    If a new deal between Hogan and TNA has not been reached, then the angle shot on Thursday's television tapings will in fact be Hogan's swansong.
    :(

2+ years is an awful long time considering the amount of wasted cash.
    Speaking of wasting cash an update that I hope is BS. Contains spoilers so I tagged it.
    As previously reported, Hulk Hogan may have been written off of TNA television during the tapings for next week's edition of iMPACT! Wrestling, which were filmed on Thursday night in Little Rock, Arkansas.
    For those who missed it, the main event angle for next week's show will see Hulk Hogan respond to the ultimatum given to him by Dixie Carter on this week's live iMPACT! Wrestling broadcast. Hogan ultimately "quits the company," with Dixie on her knees begging him to stay as the show goes off the air.
    According to one source, this could be an attempt by TNA to simply swerve the audience, as Hogan, whose contract is up next Tuesday, may have already signed a new deal with the company. This could be TNA's way of milking the real-life drama going on right now in the company, with so many contracts expiring and name-talent parting ways with the promotion.
    If Hogan has re-signed, the feeling is that running this angle would seem very real, due to the aforementioned situation with so many high-profile talents leaving due to the inability to come to terms with the company on new agreements.
    If a new deal between Hogan and TNA has not been reached, then the angle shot on Thursday's television tapings will in fact be Hogan's swansong.
    :(

Who have they signed since? Doc and Knux..... a couple of Gut Check guys, very few others. Chavo, Kenny King and TJP are the only other names I can think of.

As for Hogan, I cant see him re-signing without a massive pay cut. They are having trouble keeping Styles. If they cant afford him, they cant afford Hogan.

Also,t they let Brooke go without telling Hulk first. He wasnt pleased about that so probably wont be too interested in playing ball. Especially with Wrestlemania 30 in a few months time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

im confused if the stories about the taping are true -
    I had assumed Hulk would be on his way out considering the financial issues, his contract being up, how little he is actually adding to the show (from what ive read) and Brooke being gotten rid of (apparently without his prior knowledge) along with the talk of mania XXX (who knows on that one). But if he was actually leaving I can't think of any reason (apart from cos they have done some retarded stuff in the past) they would have him leave in that way. I mean with Dixie begging for him to stay but him leaving anyway... how bad would that make TNA look.

im confused if the stories about the taping are true -
    I had assumed Hulk would be on his way out considering the financial issues, his contract being up, how little he is actually adding to the show (from what ive read) and Brooke being gotten rid of (apparently without his prior knowledge) along with the talk of mania XXX (who knows on that one). But if he was actually leaving I can't think of any reason (apart from cos they have done some retarded stuff in the past) they would have him leave in that way. I mean with Dixie begging for him to stay but him leaving anyway... how bad would that make TNA look.
    He pretty much has creative control. He may have refused to be fired or whatever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

He pretty much has creative control. He may have refused to be fired or whatever.

suppose so but I would still hope they could come up with something that
    doesen't make TNA look terrible

Who have they signed since? Doc and Knux..... a couple of Gut Check guys, very few others. Chavo, Kenny King and TJP are the only other names I can think of.

As for Hogan, I cant see him re-signing without a massive pay cut. They are having trouble keeping Styles. If they cant afford him, they cant afford Hogan.

Also,t they let Brooke go without telling Hulk first. He wasnt pleased about that so probably wont be too interested in playing ball. Especially with Wrestlemania 30 in a few months time.

Its not really a spoiler as it was only hinted at by Bully Raymond but they are meant to be adding a stip if Styles loses at BFG he leaves the company. Kinda hope he tells them to stuff their offer but there is nowhere to have him go ROH & the Indies he wouldn`t make as much money as he would in TNA (if he was a midcarder in TNA he probably would). WWE probably won`t take even though he is plenty talented enough. Hard to know would anyone in Japan want him either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Jay Lethal on THAT segment with Ric Flair;

• Advertisement

Great Russo impression. The Flair one was great too, who is the Andy Richter to Steens Conan is it Michael Elgin?

A Michael Winslow gimmick wouldn`t be that bad would it ;)

It is a rather terrible direction business wise but heel Dixie is excellent from a car crash TV stand point:

If I in charge I would bring back Vince Russo to interrupt her. I would have to do some soul searching on whether he would side with her or not and vica versa. I simply just know it would be tremendous TV.

Imagine if Vince gave Dixie the Athena treatment:

If we are going to burn this to the ground let's do it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Maybe Hogan is pulling a Pillman, and he's convinced clueless Dixie into doing a shoot style ''I quit'' angle.Then he actually pisses off and starts playing TNA and WWE against each other.

Its not really a spoiler as it was only hinted at by Bully Raymond but they are meant to be adding a stip if Styles loses at BFG he leaves the company. Kinda hope he tells them to stuff their offer but there is nowhere to have him go ROH & the Indies he wouldn`t make as much money as he would in TNA (if he was a midcarder in TNA he probably would). WWE probably won`t take even though he is plenty talented enough. Hard to know would anyone in Japan want him either.

Seen a report recently that claims WWE have very little interest in Styles due to his age.

ROH have their own financial issues so if TNA cant afford him, ROH definitely cant.

He'd have to work a tonne of indy shows to make the amount he makes now.

NJPW have a loaded roster so dont really need him. They are the only Japanese promotion in a good state.

His options:
    Re-sign with TNA.
    Hope for a development deal from WWE.
    Work a tonne of indy shows every month.
    Hope NJPW find room for him.

If I was him, I'd stay where I am. He's only got a few years left in him so barring a big offer from WWE, TNA is his best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'd imagine a guy his age with kids wouldn't want to be spending long periods in Japan either.

The Best of Samoa Joe DVD on YouTube is freely available until the end of September. It's one of TNA's better DVDs mostly due to how amazing Joe was during this period:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dunno what to think of Tapa. Being made out to be a monster but I think she looks too doe-eyed or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I get worried about big wrestlers like Lei'D Tapa. I just hope she turns out to be like Sara Del Rey or Awesome Kong meaning that she is big boot a good wrestler, instead of another Isis the Amazon who is terrible and a liability in the ring.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Dunno what to think of Tapa. Being made out to be a monster but I think she looks too doe-eyed or something.

She looked confused in the promo video.

The Best of Samoa Joe DVD on YouTube is freely available until the end of September. It's one of TNA's better DVDs mostly due to how amazing Joe was during this period

Genuinely one of my favourite runs of any wrestler, Tna was in such a better position then. Sniff, :(

• Advertisement

Anderson is keen on a return: http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_73632.shtml#.UkmsC39LTis
    "Currently, my contract with TNA expired as of Friday of last week. We're just negotiating right now. I'm hoping and assuming that we're going to come to an agreement relatively soon and I'll be back on Thursday nights," Anderson said on the 4th & Pain radio show hosted by Washington Redskins player Adam Carriker.

"I have no intentions of not being with TNA," Anderson continued. "I've been pretty happy with, creatively, the direction I've gone in the last month or so. I'm looking forward to coming back. I'd like to come back and hopefully pick up where I left off (with Bully Ray). It's the legal stuff and I have my agent and my lawyer dealing with stuff. I'm sitting back here trying to enjoy some time off and not get too stressed out about things."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The Best of Samoa Joe DVD on YouTube is freely available until the end of September. It's one of TNA's better DVDs mostly due to how amazing Joe was during this period:

Cheers for the linkage. The sound-mixing is pretty woeful, mind.

Wrestling On Earth usually brings the lols but this is great:
    http://wrestlingonearth.com/the-merch-table-tna-reviews-special/

How do some of those people know how to get out of bed, let alone turn on a computer?

Final segment with the Hulkster:

As was my first guess, TNA's new Ethan character is Derrick Bateman.

As was my first guess, TNA's new Ethan character is Derrick Bateman.

Seems his claim to fame is being Daniel Bryan's rookie on NXT. At least they didnt pretend he was a big name.

People are drawing Larry Sweeney comparisons:

ROH only just uploaded this yesterday:

For those who don't know Larry is the guy in the white shirt. He did a sports agent gimmick.

Dixie is like your Ma being a heel. Via twitter

"@AboutThatLife_1: Is it just me or is @TNADixie stupid and don't know a thing about business."

Dixie responds by saying, "It's just you darlin! And it is DOESN'T."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

With all the hater comments she gets on twitter, I bet she can't wait to start firing back at everyone now that she's a heel.

Advertisement