Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The 2015 date is 17th September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    What the hell is a KO zone?.

Maybe its where people go to knock one out after seeing Tessmacher

31785fq.png

So did what's the odds Jericho actually liked it versus pushing this Triple H burial thing. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Im guessing quite a chunk of Jericho's followers never heard of TNA before that. Wonder how many will think he is being serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

In before the Jericho coming to TNA rumors start.

• Advertisement

Breaking news on PWInsider:
    TNA management held a meeting for talent this afternoon in Salt Lake City, Utah, informing them that the current run of on the road Impact tapings would be ending after the next taping in Cincinnati, Ohio.
    Talent were told they would be working Orlando, Florida tapings on 11/21-11/23 and that dates were also being locked in for December tapings also in Orlando.

As we hear more, we'll update.

The talent have to be happy with that. A lot of them are based close to Florida so it'll be easier and cheaper for them to get there.

Really hoping it isnt permanent though. I'd rather they go back to the Asylum if it's an option. Bigger venue in a more central location.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The full press release:
    TNA BRINGS FANS CLOSER THAN EVER BEFORE TO THE REAL LIVES OF WRESTLING SUPERSTARS

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (October 24, 2013) – Coming off the heels of one of TNA’s highest-attended “Bound For Glory” Pay-Per-View events to date,TNA Wrestling announces a 24/7 cross-platform programming initiative, “Where Action Never Ends,” beginning today. Marking an evolution in the way fans experience professional wrestling, through this initiative, cameras will be rolling on the TNA superstars at live events, on the road and in their homes, giving viewers the chance to experience IMPACT Wrestling 24 hours a day/7 days a week.

How this will work: Fans will see compelling, “cameras everywhere” content infused into IMPACT Live on Spike TV every Thursday from 9-11 p.m. ET. For the remaining 166 hours of the week until the next show, they will also have the chance to see many of the wrestlers they love and storylines they follow unfold as this exclusive content filmed during the week will be presented online at www.impactwrestling.com, on social channels including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, as well as a variety of new distribution channels in the coming months.

A longtime valued partner, Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla, will serve as the hub for TNA’s revolutionized programming strategy with shows primarily taping at their location, along with some IMPACT shows that will be filmed on the road from different markets. The first IMPACT show scheduled from Orlando will air live on November 21.

“The way that people view television has dramatically shifted, and it is incumbent upon us to deliver a modern, revolutionized way of watching professional wrestling to our fans,” said President Dixie Carter. “Our reality is that we only have 82 minutes of programming each week and a large roster of talented professionals that deserve more exposure. With our new ‘Where Action Never Ends’ creative direction, we will deliver just that for both them and the fans.”

Carter continued, “Bringing live events to our fans across the globe will remain a vital element of TNA’s business; however, our renewed focus, as it relates to our television programming, will shift from live event touring to 24/7 show content, so that fans can really get to know our talent. And, in making Orlando’s Universal Studios our programming hub, we have the powerful combination of state-of-the art production facilities and incredible soundstages that will make it easier for us to launch this new production-intensive initiative. We will also be working with Universal to develop new and creative ways for park guests and fans from around the world to experience a unique TNA attraction.”

“Universal Studios Florida Production Group is pleased to be TNA Wrestling’s partner as it launches its 24/7 cross-platform initiative ‘Where Action Never Ends’,” said Pamela Tuscany, Vice President and General Manager, Universal Studios Florida Production Group. “We look forward to the successful launch of ‘Where Action Never Ends’ giving viewers the chance to experience IMPACT Wrestling 24 hours a day/7 days a week.”

Along with a refreshed creative approach, several new characters will be announced in the coming months. In recent weeks, fans have already seen Ethan Carter III (EC3) and Lei’D Tapa, TNA’s newest Knockout. Universal Studios will also serve as the primary training facility for TNA talent moving forward, providing the opportunity to train and develop talent on an ongoing basis.

The strength and success of TNA’s programming worldwide is at an all-time high. TNA Wrestling ratings around the world are seeing significant increases particularly in important international television markets such as the UK and Germany where the show is the number one wrestling program on television. Additionally, TNA recently inked new deals with distribution partners in Portugal and New Zealand, renewed a multi-year deal in France, and recently-launched programming in India is performing beyond expectation.

“A decade ago, TNA started as a Pay-Per-View only company only and has grown into a global success. I am more excited than ever about our ‘Where Action Never Ends’ creative direction and what will become the next evolution of professional wrestling,” said Carter.

ABOUT TNA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC

TNA Entertainment, LLC is a privately held sports entertainment company based in Nashville, Tennessee that specializes in events, products, numerous TV properties, merchandise and music, as well as, the management and promotion of professional wrestlers. The roster features such greats as Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Sting, AJ Styles, James Storm, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, the lovely and lethal Knockouts and many more through its highly successful TNA IMPACT WRESTLING weekly broadcasts on SPIKE TV. In addition, TNA produces monthly PPV events and more than 100 live shows a year. The product is the world’s most innovative experience in professional wrestling and is broadcast in more than 120 countries. For more information, please visit www.impactwrestling.com.

Interested to see what their latest renewed creative approach is (the company is in desperate need of real creative change). Anyway, keeping the company in business is so much more important than being on the road (which provided no real return (in terms of TV ratings and tickets and PPVs sold) considering the cost involved). They should've had a staggered role out for them going on the road anyway and Orlando is the only real option for them.

Some serious spin going on in that for sure:
    Bringing live events to our fans across the globe will remain a vital element of TNA’s business; however, our renewed focus, as it relates to our television programming, will shift from live event touring to 24/7 show content, so that fans can really get to know our talent.

I will come as no shock I've little faith in TNA executing any strategy whatsoever.

That makes it sound fairly permanent.

• Advertisement

By the sounds of it they're going to be taping most iMPACT!'s in Orlando with a few on the road (maybe just the free PPV shows or even less) which really should've been how they did it in the first place.
    rovert wrote: »
    Some serious spin going on in that for sure:

In fairness to them, I don't think they could've done a better (or more desperate) job of attempting to spin this as a positive. Not a single person won't see through but you've got to credit them for trying.

In fairness to them, I don't think they could've done a better (or more desperate) job of attempting to spin this as a positive. Not a single person won't see through but you've got to credit them for trying.

Oh commenters on TNAsylum and TNAInsider will be jumping and scream about 2014 being TNA's year. As will the head balls on Wrestlingforum.

Oh commenters on TNAsylum and TNAInsider will be jumping and scream about 2014 being TNA's year.

The TNAsylum commenters did go through my head as I wrote that. I look forward to them telling me about how Bound For Glory was actually a great show and that I'm just a jaded hater when I give out about it tomorrow.

And I look forward to seeing how long this 24/7 thing actually lasts. It seems entirely made up to try and cover up going back to Orlando and they'll drop it after a couple of months.

And I look forward to seeing how long this 24/7 thing actually lasts. It seems entirely made up to try and cover up going back to Orlando and they'll drop it after a couple of months.

How long did Re-Action last? Unlike many ideas, that was actually good.... just on at the worst possible time.

Oh commenters on TNAsylum and TNAInsider will be jumping and scream about 2014 being TNA's year. As will the head balls on Wrestlingforum.

Thats already reserved.

BDqOP0-CAAA3KNQ.jpg:large

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    How long did Re-Action last? Unlike many ideas, that was actually good.... just on at the worst possible time.

Cancelled after five months, and there was no other time it would've done any well. Nobody would've watched it before iMPACT! or on a different day of the week. It's best chance was to hold some of the iMPACT!'s audience (and it couldn't even do that).

Having a developmental in Florida does in fact make sense. As developmental people get released for all sorts of reasons that are not necessarily related to their ability for example Ethan Carter (badly timed injuries/creative having nothing). Also if you just run the numbers between WWE's turnover of talent the past few years vs the amount of talent in WWE developmental there is going to some close but not close enough cuts. You could probably run a shuttle bus from WWE's Performance Centre to Universal Studios. :P

Cancelled after five months, and there was no other time it would've done any well. Nobody would've watched it before iMPACT! or on a different day of the week. It's best chance was to hold some of the iMPACT!'s audience (and it couldn't even do that).

Three consecutive hours was never going to work, it really should have been on the Wednesday night as a preview/reminder show with a couple of extras thrown in. Having it right after Impact just meant people watched the over run then slowly started turning off as everything else they had literally just watched.

In YAY!!! news:
    We heard from a few sources that Eric Bischoff is not backstage at tonight's Impact taping. Two sources told me that he is not expected to be back with the company any time soon. It's fair to say that a number of people are happy with that development.

The exact reason for his absence has not been relayed at this time.

One of Bischoff's duties is to oversee the creative end of the company so it will be interesting to see how the shows are booked tonight without his input. Bischoff had "stepped up" his role in recent months with the creative direction of the company and many would say that the product has taken a turn for the worse from a storyline standpoint in that time.

So who's running creative? Jarrett? Lagana? Matt Conway? Dixie!?

Interesting news also because his connect with Hulk and was thought to be untouchable as he was the liaison between TNA and SPIKE.

• Advertisement

I do enjoy the occasional giant upheavals TNA goes through, they give me hope that Dixie might put somebody competent in charge for once.

I do enjoy the occasional giant upheavals TNA goes through, they give me hope that Dixie might put somebody competent in charge for once.

In light of today's unfolding events and the bank holiday are you staying up tonight, MF?

In light of today's unfolding events and the bank holiday are you staying up tonight, MF?

Yup, though I did already plan to watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

In YAY!!! news:

So who's running creative? Jarrett? Lagana? Matt Conway? Dixie!?

Wait, was he the one responsible for Brooke wearing what she almost wears?

Eric, come back! :pac:

Yup, though I did already plan to watch it.

Garrett Bischoff jobbing out to D Ray 3000 :P

Garrett Bischoff jobbing out to D Ray 3000 :P

Fear the 'fro.

I think it's generally agreed that TNA was doing some really good scruff up until shortly after Sabin's title win. Then it did a 180. The other day I heard that was roughly the same time Bischoff took a bigger role. Hardly a coincidence if suddenly the product improves again.

Must say Ethan Carter has been playing a blinder so far but I can't but agree with this article thinking he should be eating up the jobbers more than he is:
    Second, the writers had fun in seeing Dewey Barnes getting some offense on EC3. That showed their audience that EC3 will not be in the main event picture. If EC3 has trouble beating a goofy jobber like Dewey Barnes, how is he going to beat the top guys like AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, etc? When you introduce a new character, at least put the belief in your audience that this guy could be a major player in the near future.

Here I was watching EC3 bump around for a guy who looked like he should be holding a sign in the front row. Watching this horrible booking, I realized that the writers have no interest in doing much with EC3. From what I saw, he will be around for awhile and then end up another mid-card guy on the roster. Finally, someone fresh comes to a very stale and long in the tooth roster and he is made out to be just another guy on the card.

The full article:
    http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/33690-john-larocca-looks-at-tnas-booking-of-ec-3

Michael Hutter is probably too nice of person to be as selfish as his character needs to be.

I think the idea they're going for is that he's even struggling a little with Dixie's hand picked jobbers (reinforcing that he's only there because of aunt Dixie).

• Advertisement

That showed their audience EC3 won't be in the main event picture. Deary fûcking me what a dumbass statement about a guy on tv what a week?

The guy is probably partly an inside joke on the nepotism of the Garret and Brooke signings.

Advertisement