Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/25/5029204/tito-ortiz-injured-out-of-bellator-pay-per-view-fight-against-rampage

Remember that Rampage vs Ortiz fight even MMA fans were indifferent to but still Tna advertised well its off. Hope neither resurface again on Tna tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

GTR63 wrote: »
    The guy is probably partly an inside joke on the nepotism of the Garret and Brooke signings.

Or Eric Bischoff's nephew Eugene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rovert wrote: »
    Must say Ethan Carter has been playing a blinder so far but I can't but agree with this article thinking he should be eating up the jobbers more than he is:

The full article:
    http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/33690-john-larocca-looks-at-tnas-booking-of-ec-3

Michael Hutter is probably too nice of person to be as selfish as his character needs to be.

Nobody would give a fcuk if it were complete squashes. A short comeback for the jobber keeps people interested.
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/25/5029204/tito-ortiz-injured-out-of-bellator-pay-per-view-fight-against-rampage

Remember that Rampage vs Ortiz fight even MMA fans were indifferent to but still Tna advertised well its off. Hope neither resurface again on Tna tv

Rampage was doing okay. Wouldnt mind him back in a minor role.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Rampage was doing okay. Wouldnt mind him back in a minor role.
    Its the other lad I hate. I get a feeling Bellator only want him at stuff that involves them a bit like Tito with Bully and Rampage with MEM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Meltzer this morning seemed sure as **** that the Carters are interested in off loading TNA and he said it will be denied for sure there are major changes being made in terms of ownership

vxhvu1.jpg

AJ to make an emotional return to Irish Whip Wrestling?

• Advertisement

No Dublin Destination X sadly

35a215ac72749676c4ee9331058ec16f_L.jpg?t=1382917370

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Interesting to see the One Night Only's aren't being mothballed.

Interesting to see the One Night Only's aren't being mothballed.

Took forever for NXT Redemption to fulfill international obligations. In fact I don't think it ever really did. You are talking 3-4 year contracts.

Hopefully they won't make a total mess of them next year.

Hopefully they won't make a total mess of them next year.

They were decent enough, but meant nothing overall. Recording two at a time instead of all at once should be a big improvement for a start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭LOTD

Saw on Wrestling Inc that Carters are looking to sell, Dave Meltzer being the original source. Be interesting to see, the company have talent to burn but seem to be all over the place. Sorry didn't see Roverts earlier post.

To be fair, the selling story has been going around for years and nothing has happened. I'll be surprised if they suddenly decide to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Just heard about TNA being put up for sale, could be dirtsheets but if Meltzer is saying its happening, who knows what can be said. Any more info?

AJ Styles is defend the title in AAA on Sunday.

Hulk Hogan was removed from the TNA roster page.

Eric Bischoff was told to feck off seemingly too:
    Word is that Eric Bischoff is gone from TNA. On the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that Bischoff has been sent home while he remains under contract with the company and will continue getting paid until his deal expires early next year. Here is what he said on the show…

"He wasn't at the PPV…wasn't at the last TV…won't be around. A lot of people are really happy on that one. Eric was never very well liked…Eric was very lucky that he had some very smart people propping him up in the WCW Days and those people aren't there now, and he got exposed on this run real bad."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Other then the nWo and cruiser weights bisch didn't do a whole lot back in the wcw days imo

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    AJ Styles is defend the title in AAA on Sunday.

He's facing Abyss' half(?) brother, El Mesias (Judas Mesias).

Obviously Mesias has no chance of winning but he is a big deal in Mexico. Even is Mesias did win it, I reckon TNA just wouldnt acknowledge it. Flair has about 22 title reigns but only 16 are acknowledged.

The long story short latest on the sale of TNA is that a sale to a party outside of Wrestling is at very advanced stage for a non controlling interest in the company.

In 2010 UFC sold 10% of the company to the Abu Dhabi-based Flash Entertainment. Cynically a bunch of money mark Saudis. It might be something like that.

I remember that, they held a card out there and all(which was headlined by Silva vs Maia in a bout that was recieved about as well as Rafa at Chelsea).
    If people invest in Tna expecting a quick buck they're in for quite a shock.

I remember that, they held a card out there and all(which was headlined by Silva vs Maia in a bout that was recieved about as well as Rafa at Chelsea).
    If people invest in Tna expecting a quick buck they're in for quite a shock.

From a Panda Energy/Janice Carter point of view it is a way to recoup losses AND keep Dixie employed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Stupid question about to be asked alert - Any chance that Vince would buy TNA?

Charisteas wrote: »
    Stupid question about to be asked alert - Any chance that Vince would buy TNA?

I'd say Vince has a value in mind and wont go over that. He doesnt need to buy them out, but will if it comes at the price he wants. I'll be surprised if it happens as Vince will likely have a much lower valuation than the Carters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd say Vince sees it like how he saw WCW; as a video library, rights and trademarks and to pick up some wrestlers contracts and bring them over to WWE. The Carters would be trying to sell it as a viable business in its own right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mesut Ozil

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Other then the nWo and cruiser weights bisch didn't do a whole lot back in the wcw days imo

I was felt TNA went downhill when Hogan and Bishoff joined. I was loving TNA from mid-2008 to late-2009.

I loved to Main Event Mafia angle. The current one is bollocks,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would Vince see it as much as a tape library though? Realistically, you might want it for a Sting DVD, but anyone else either has enough WWE stuff to make a good DVD or wouldn't be considered good enough for one. And that means then you would be banking on Sting's DVD to recoup a major amount of cash...

As a tape library, I just don't think it would be as attractive an option as other group's were, both in terms of who is there and the audience such DVDs would appeal to...

Would Vince see it as much as a tape library though? Realistically, you might want it for a Sting DVD, but anyone else either has enough WWE stuff to make a good DVD or wouldn't be considered good enough for one. And that means then you would be banking on Sting's DVD to recoup a major amount of cash...

As a tape library, I just don't think it would be as attractive an option as other group's were, both in terms of who is there and the audience such DVDs would appeal to...

Sting, Hardy, Angle and Christian would be the big ones. Maybe RVD and Booker too.

Then a few pick and mixes from the likes of Joe, Styles etc should they pick any of them up.

You have to remember that WWE also own a lot of random stuff that they will never even look at let alone use. WWE like to own everything even if they dont have any use for it. Could also act as filler on the Network if it ever launches. Edit out the negative comments and there you go. Eleven and a half years worth of material is a lot of hours easily filled.

In my mind, Vince already has a valuation, lets say $2m. If the Carters want around that number, he'll take it to eliminate the nearest competition. If they want, lets say $5m, he wont as they arent close enough to worry him.

Vince would only ever buy TNA if it was going under, and I'd guess that he would buy it for the video library and just so he can own it.

Chris Daniels attempts to make TNA's 24/7 thing worthwhile:

There is potential in it alright.

Dewey needs to be a full time jobber.

• Advertisement

Why TNA are having trouble selling out venues:

opCMEPu.jpg

uKPGsqq.jpg

Three cities in three nights, all fairly close to each other. Wouldnt be too bad if they were all house shows, but why go to Impact if they will be closer the next two nights? Look at Detroit, Cleveland and Pittsburgh. All major cities and the house shows are a lot closer.

Advertisement