Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The selling a smaller stake theory looks to hold a little water: http://www.pwinsider.com/article/81305/tna-sale-story-update.html?p=1
    Janice Carter of TNA responded to online reports that the company was looking for a new owner in an internal memo issued to TNA employees today. In the memo, which praised the new 365 initiative, Carter said that while she normally does not comment on rumors, she wrote the staff that any rumors that Panda Energy is "attempting to sell its ownership stake" in TNA is false and that she remains committed to the company.

And apparently TNA have severed ties with OVW which is no surprise considering how medicore the talent they brought up from there was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lots of the "fringe" end of TNA fans are taking that story as MELTZER IS WRONG. Just seems like a cleverly worded memo to set employees home happy heading into the weekend.

Jason Powell says Country singer John Rich (me neither) is interested while MMA scoops guy FrontRowBrian says Billy Corgan. Just as well it is a minority stake as Corgan is a ****ing idiot when it comes to the business and creative side of Wrestling.

Dave Meltzer hurt Billy's feelings by saying he doesn't have the money to buy and bankroll TNA. As well as generally dismissing him as a serious candidate to purchase TNA:

2j5i713.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Don't think it was hurt feelings, more that Corgan was pointing out Meltzer doesn't have a clue.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Don't think it was hurt feelings, more that Corgan was pointing out Meltzer doesn't have a clue.

Billy is very thin skinned on Twitter and in general. "My empire" is bit precious.

• Advertisement

In saying so it is from WrestlingInc so the requisite pinch of salt is required.
    According to a source, there is NO truth to Billy Corgan having talks with TNA about purchasing the company. The story was fed by Corgan's associate, Lou D'Angeli, and it caught on from there. There has been no recent communication with Corgan and management, and as of right now, no talks are scheduled. Internally there is said to be some heat on Corgan's camp for fanning the flames.

- As for a potential buyer for TNA, the one company that I have heard that is interested is located outside of the U.S., but has strong ties to television domestically. I don't know if they are the leading candidate that Dave Meltzer recently mentioned in The Wrestling Observer.

- TNA is in talks with a national company about coming on board to be a sponsor for their television, web site and live event tours. TNA is also looking to further strengthen key relationships with YouTube and Facebook.

If true it continues to prove Meltzer's reporting right.

My crazy guess about the company outside of the US is Endemol as they produced Ring Ka King.

The final paragraph seems like they are even more closely following WWE's business model.

rovert wrote: »
    The final paragraph seems like they are even more closely following WWE's business model.

Well they had Direct Auto as their sponsor for the last couple of years, I'd imagine they would want a new sponsor. Investing in TNA may not be a bad idea, with the costs they cut this year, getting off the road and cutting large contracts like Bischoff, Hogan, RVD and James there's no reason why the company shouldn't make money next year.

Styles is defending at the next Wrestle-1 event on the 16th against Seiya Sanada.

Styles is defending at the next Wrestle-1 event on the 16th against Seiya Sanada.

And they're sending Rob Terry and Jay Bradley to wrestle on that entire tour.

• Advertisement

Maybe they can leave Rob Terry there :pac:

Maybe they can leave Rob Terry there :pac:

They are only retaliating for Wrestle-1 sending Seiya Sanada over to TNA. Sanada is no great shakes.

Bad Influence are the easy winners of this so far. Sabin is good, but these two are running away with it.

Not sure I'm allowed ask for this but I'll try anyway. Anyone know where I can find older episodes of Impact to stream, not download. I dont have the space to download them. I can find the early episodes and pretty much all from the past couple of years. I'm looking for the 2009-ish episodes which I've only found on one site and it wont load. Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I'm looking for the 2009-ish episodes which I've only found on one site and it wont load. Anyone have any ideas?

Try it on a different browser. I download Flash videos from a particular website, I have to use Chrome because it won't work on Firefox.

Shark Boy was on Xplosion this week:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What are the chances of Robbie E keeping his hair like that? And wasn't he meant to go after the girls and tell them the gym is the other way?

Some TNA news:
    You may have noticed our updated featured news section of the website. We are updating news items frequently, so be sure to check the site often to keep up with the latest news.

This is the first "News & Notes" column and we expect to run this every Saturday.

AJ Styles has made an unauthorized title defense in Japan. We will have continued coverage throughout the weekend and expect to have #IMPACT365 footage posted later today. First photos are available here

TNA production staff is arriving today in Orlando to begin transforming Soundstage 19 for our return to Universal Studios Orlando this Thursday, November 21.

VIP packages remain for the Orlando tapings. The packages offer VIP early admission to all November and December dates (Nov 21, 22, 23; Dec 3, 4, 5), a special VIP after-party (at NASCAR Sports Grille) following Turning Point on Nov 21, and post show meet & greet after the Nov 22, 23; Dec 3, 4, 5 shows). What's the menu for the after-party? Classic Caesar Salad, Champion Chicken Tenders, Final Lap French Fries, Pace Car Pasta Marinara with Meat Sauce, The Spin Out Ice Cream Sandwich. For more details or to order your package click here

Some familiar faces are expected back soon.

We will be launching a new "Ask The Professor" feature hosted by Mike Tenay in the near future. Stay tuned for details.

January will be a busy month for TNA. Be watching for a press release soon announcing dates and locations for our January events.

The Black November Blowout sale continues at ShopTNA.com

More matches will be announced in the coming days for Hardcore Justice and #OldSchool. Matches will also be announced for events in Philadelphia and Long Island.

That's it for this week. Be sure to check the website several times each day for updated news in our Featured News section, and be on the lookout for new #IMPACT365 videos as they are posted by following us at @impactwrestling on Twitter or subscribe to us on YouTube at www.youtube.com/user/TNAwrestling

• Advertisement

Going to make a bold prediction on that:

8-6-2013+2-38-27+PM.jpg

8-6-2013+2-39-33+PM.jpg

Was thinking the same, and I'd welcome them.

Was thinking the same, and I'd welcome them.

Prefer Trent Barretta and Rubix for freshness.

rovert wrote: »
    Prefer Trent Barretta and Rubix for freshness.

They'd be the first four I'd bring for an actual X-Division. And there's no reason TNA can't.

Petey and Sonjay, maybe Homicide.

A pretty interesting write up on Dixie and TNA on the Sports Illustrated site: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/20131121/dixie-carter-tna-wrestling/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Who's wearing the Abyss costume tonight? Seem to remember last time it was an unknown guy from the Dudley training school.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Who's wearing the Abyss costume tonight? Seem to remember last time it was an unknown guy from the Dudley training school.

Dont think it will be an actual match.

Not sure which is more likely:
    Park gets taken out by Bad Influence, Abyss takes out them.
    Park is revealed as Abyss.

Either way, I doubt there will be a match.

A pretty interesting write up on Dixie and TNA on the Sports Illustrated site: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/20131121/dixie-carter-tna-wrestling/index.html

Never knew Bob Carter started from nothing. I knew he was a badass businessman but not that.

Well done piece by Loretta given she seemed clueless about TNA and Wrestling in general when live Tweeting the last PPV in person.

Not the biggest Dixie fan but I already see misogyny overload online in reaction to this piece.

• Advertisement
Advertisement