Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The photo of Liam Payne with the TNA title is probably the most that title will ever be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's easy to hate on One Direction but with over 16 million followers on Twitter, TNA would be well advised to keep them friendly. They might be up for making an appearance or two.

For comparison, Pacman Jones has 40,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Worst Worked Match of the Year

Jester252 wrote: »
    Worst Worked Match of the Year

Still time for Eva Marie to have a singles match :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Sad to say it but if they get Liam back on Impact for a re-match, ratings will probably sky rocket.

Sure at this stage, Impact ratings can only go in one direction anyway :o

• Advertisement

If you didn't see British Boot Camp when it aired TNA have put it up on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcovtt7Bdo9NQbUc19YPi7ValB2NOBzm5

Glad to see him back. Didnt like him at first, but he really grew on me over time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Meltzer raised an interesting point about Spud's stereotypical character being unwise given how big of a market the UK.

Anyone thinks it matters? I don't really.

Don't think it matters, it's probably more important that the UK are represented on the show at all. Plus they'll more than likely be going to the UK this year
    with the first English World champ so that should be a big plus for them.

• Advertisement

More IMPACT tapings tonight.

They've taped up to February 2015 and are amid the Fernum Era. /spoilers :p

Daffney explaining hijacking the TNA Knockouts PPV:

Something I totally forgot about it.

I watched the show last weekend and didn't see her at all.

Havent watched the video but I dont recall seeing her either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Watching Impact on Challenge. I've not watched TNA in a looooooong time. What's the craic with the two little skinny douchebags in the feast or fired match? One of them in particular looks like he came from the local high school wrestling team. While I'm at it, what's the deal with feast or fired match, why would anyone want to compete to be fired? At least Curry Man saw sense.

Whosthis wrote: »
    Watching Impact on Challenge. I've not watched TNA in a looooooong time. What's the craic with the two little skinny douchebags in the feast or fired match? One of them in particular looks like he came from the local high school wrestling team. While I'm at it, what's the deal with feast or fired match, why would anyone want to compete to be fired? At least Curry Man saw sense.

75% chance of a title match. Worth the risk for a lot of them. Obviously someone like Kurt Angle won't risk it, but for the midcarders it is worth the risk. Curry man got the fired case the lays time. He has only just gotten his job back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

was looking at the guys who got the cases trying to figure out who could get fired. I think it would be between Chavo and EC3. Probably be EC3 with Dixie then overruling it. Could just read the spoilers, but I'll wait.

One question: Do you think they are told what case to get or are the 4 guys just told to go out and get any of the cases and they'll sort out which is which afterward?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    One question: Do you think they are told what case to get or are the 4 guys just told to go out and get any of the cases and they'll sort out which is which afterward?

It wasnt done straight away so I'm guessing they were told to just get any. No point in worrying about which case they have to get when it wont be opened in the same segment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

WrestleZone has learned this afternoon, from a source within TNA, that AJ Styles has in fact re-signed with TNA, and the public statement he issued yesterday claiming to be done with the company is indeed a work.
    "The statement Styles issued yesterday was a work, and a blasphemous one at that," a TNA source told WZ.
    We also reported yesterday that Styles has signed on to appear at the upcoming UWE event on March 15th, which is likely something TNA officials agreed to in order to further the appearance that Styles is done with TNA.
    Styles is also currently booked for 8 other independent appearances in 2014, so it remains to be seen whether or not he pulls out of all or some of them, or works the dates despite re-signing with TNA.

I wouldnt really trust WZ. They are one of the sites that make up news to get hits.

• Advertisement

From the WO daily update:
    Regarding a discussion on last night's Wrestling Observer Radio, we can confirm that AJ Styles and TNA are in negotiations for a new deal. There have been rumors over the last 48 hours that a deal has already been signed but we cannot confirm that. Styles has at least nine independent bookings between now and March, so one way or another he's far from unemployed.

I'd be surprised if he went anywhere else. He doesn't really have many viable options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

He's cancelled his Q+A thing in England that was supposed to take place in March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

There more I think about it the more I think it's a work. I remember Shane Douglas talking about the Summer of Punk stortline, and how he would have had Punk leave WWE and start accepting offers on the independent scene as WWE champion etc, and using the media to further advance the plot. Eventually after WWE has found their new WWE champion he would have had Punk return or something around those lines. Either way I feel TNA are doing what Douglas' said. They're building the storyline by making out that AJ Styles has left, and are working the fans old school style.

Now it seems AJ and TNA are in negotiations and I think he will come back, and there will be a big story about how he says he is the TNA World Heavyweight Champion and never lost the title. Leading to a feud between him and the new champion which I think will be Magnus.

He's cancelled his Q+A thing in England that was supposed to take place in March.

This a new thing (as in the last few days)? Ir was delayed two weeks ago.

Jeff Jarrett just tweeted:
    On December 22nd, 2013 I officially resigned from TNA Entertainment. Thanks to everyone involved for all the fantastic memories! #grateful

Weird one that.
    Jarrett announces he's leaving TNA

Jeff Jarrett, who was one of the original founders of TNA, and its driving force during its first several years of existence, announced today that he had resigned from the company on yesterday.

Jarrett, 46, who had been out of power with TNA for several years due to a falling out with Dixie Carter over denying a relationship with Karen Angle, now his wife, Karen Jarrett, had been brought back as an agent the last few months.

"On December 22nd, 2013, I officially resigned from TNA Entertainment. Thanks to everyone involved for all the fantastic memories!," Jarrett wrote earlier today on Twitter.

Wonder if he is leaving to come back and buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Surprise Royal Rumble entrant :pac:

rovert wrote: »
    Wonder if he is leaving to come back and buy it.

Would make sense removing any conflict of interest, or he's just fed up dealing with it. TNA issued a statement:
    TNA Entertainment, LLC announced today that it has accepted Mr. Jeff Jarrett’s resignation from the company effective January 6th, 2014. Dixie Carter, President, commented “On behalf of TNA, we would like to thank Jeff for his contributions to the Company. We wish him the very best and look forward to his continued participation as an investor in TNA Wrestling."

And only James Storm remains. Naturally some of the TNA fringe fans are coming to the conclusion that it's a work.

Naturally some of the TNA fringe fans are coming to the conclusion that it's a work.

BigDawg's breakdown over this is quite something:
    http://www.tnamecca.com/2013/12/breaking-news-jeff-jarrett-resigns-from.html#disqus_thread

• Advertisement

And only James Storm remains.

Borash and Tenay.

Advertisement