Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Tweet from Y2J
    The beat down of RVD 20 seconds into his debut in TNA was mind boggling. I dont understand how so many talented people can be so clueless

PWInsider.com has confirmed reports that Matt "Spike Dudley" Hyson and Kenn "Kenny Dykstra" Doann are backstage at today's TNA Impact taping and are expected to work tonight's taping in some fashion.
    Hyson has worked for TNA before under the Brother Runt name. Doann, currently appearing in the Fox Reality Network series, Seducing Cindy, has been working a number of independent companies in recent months including NECW and EVOLVE.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/45765/ongoing-impact-spoilers-for-march-15.html?p=1
    In a Dark Match: Homicide defeated Ken Doane with an Ace Crusher in what was described as a solid match for Doane.

- The original plan was for Hulk Hogan to turn heel Monday night, but was changed to Sting's heel turn.

- Ric Flair was not happy about having to go through with his match on Monday night.

- Not much new on the status of Awesome Kong. She is still under contract to the company, but wasn't around for either of this week's Impact tapings. She has asked the company for a raise.

According to Jason Powell of prowrestling.net, Jeff Hardy has signed a contract with TNA Wrestling despite the fact that he has a trial coming up. According to the report, TNA was seeking around 100 dates (which would include house shows) but it's unknown at this point exactly what the terms were.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Where is Joe?

Is he injured or what?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Where is Joe?

Is he injured or what?

He was "abducted" on the iMPACT! after Against All Odd's and hasn't been seen since. Russo booking at it's best

He was "abducted" on the iMPACT! after Against All Odd's and hasn't been seen since. Russo booking at it's best

Seriously?

I think its time for a I hate Ruso Thread.....

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Seriously?

I think its time for a I hate Ruso Thread.....

From wiki:
    After losing a match against Orlando Jordan on the following Impact!, Joe was seen abducted by a group of masked men from the parking lot of the Impact! Zone.[62]

From wiki:

Thank **** I missed that. I would have refused to watch TNA ever again if I watched that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think they are gonna re package him and bring him back later on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I think they are gonna re package him and bring him back later on

Maybe they'll draw an Aztec penis on his other cheek this time

42.jpg

Eric Bischoff posted the following on Impact via Facebook:
    "On the contrary, we are all convinced (as are most fans) that we proved definitively that we can produce a superior product. While it is going to take some time (and consistency) to gain the market share we hope to gain, we are thrilled with the product we presented, and are more than excited about the future."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

The Impact replay on Spike drew a 1.0 (0.97 rounded up) - the same as the live broadcast on Monday. Combined rating of 2.0 (or 1.95 if you prefer!) with 2,664,000 viewers.

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/270465005.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

I just realised the point. ****, deleting that message.

Wow. Talk about missing the point.

Any chance of deleting that message, realized the MASSIVE mistake I made

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Done. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

What was it that Tazz said on Impact about Joe? Something like, "I don't know if anyone's called the police". What a good friend

Any long-term direction TNA had at one point with the writing of the shows before Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff arrived doesn't seem to exist anymore according to a new report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. TNA had always mapped things out well ahead in advance, but now the writing is being more described as a WWE style where they constantly change their minds, while PPV and TV matches even change the day of the show.

Doesn't surprise me 1 bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Doesn't surprise me 1 bit.

Well their shows weren't that great when they had a long term direction either.

Well their shows weren't that great when they had a long term direction either.

True but compared to current TNA??

True but compared to current TNA??

I don't see that much of a difference.

Plus current TNA is different week to week. As a first week show, I actually liked last weeks TNA., not that it was perfect by any means. I did like the energy it had though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Eric and HTM beefing on the internet...:D

From Bischoff's facebook where he has been answering questions...

Fan: On Honky Tonk Man's Website - You guys wanna shoot on TNA? Have your voice heard! Call the HTM message line and let us know what you think of TNA. We'll put the messages on my website and let the world hear what you think! Call now and leave your message! 347-531-2623 PLEASE NOTE - Messages MUST be under 2 minutes or i...t won't be saved! (1:30 is perfect for website clips). Let me know what you think guys!! www.honkytonkman.net

Bischoff: Washed up douche bag dying to become relevant. HTM...WalMart called. They said you can have your job bag if you promise to leave the dead gimmick behind!

HTM: F**k you Bischoff. I wouldn't pi** on you if you were on fire. You made those comments on BTLS without even knowing Jeff called me up. You couldn't hold McMahon's jock strap. 1.0.. Ouch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAPDSoZt5_c how did McMahon throwing you in the trash feel? Ouch. TNA's dead in the water

Bischoff: HTM...did you get permission from your wife to follow me on Facebook? You might want to check with her! By the way, your oft used lines are getting as old as your washed up gimmick. Use your (or your wife's as its obvioous you don't have one) imagination. Try and find a way to be entertaining in your comments. I am sure when you get done working ... See Morethe used car lot circut you will have plenty of time on your hands to come up with some refreshing comebacks. Till then, watch those old videos and re-live the dream!

HTM: I heard Hogan
    Spoiler
    for TV is it chaffing Hogan having your head so far up his ass? Has to hurt when a magician and a midgett out draw your cemetary match.

Bischoff: HTMS next career move: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V-2NKUlzns

at least people remembered who Warrior was...we would have to do a documentary on History channel in order to remind people who this goof was. And once they remembered....it would be a disaster!

HTM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyvwt599lWo Vince McMahon making Eric Bischoff his bitch

Bischoff (responding to a fan who asked about HTM in TNA): Joe...have no worries. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! It is however, what HTM hopes will happen and why he keeps popping his fat head up online. He's a washed up loser that never really was. Some people go out and whack golf balls on the weekends, I get a kick out of bustiing on this gutless piece of garbage.

HTM: I'm not hard to find Bischoff, you got my number. Come Shake, Rattle & Roll. I'm sure Hogan will give you the day off and let Beefcake be his bitch for a day. By the way for you TNA fans, Jeff Jarrett contacted me in November, not the other way round. I was never interested in going to TNA. WWE picked up the ball.

Bischoff: You are right..you are not hard to find. One only needs to find the nearest used car lot who can no longer afford the balloons and the clown for thier weekend promotion, or the nearest Waffle House. Good luck with that WWE Legends "contract". The good news is that it won't affect your tax bracket!

Fan: Whats up Eric,what's HTM's deal with TNA? Is he seriously that pissed at the recent sutff said about him & his TNA Bound rumor,or is he just a plain old hater?

Bischoff: He tried to shoot an angle that would get him a job offer. I called BS and busted him out to be the con man that he is. He ended up having to take some piss ant "Legends" deal that will probably make him about $150.00 annually. Add that to the fact that I fired him back in WCW because the slob followed his wifes directions and tried to hold me up (... See Morewhich didn't turn out any better for him than a Jenny Craig diet would), and there ya go! But it is fun on a Saturday afternoon even though I do feel like a am sparring with the handicapped.

Fan: That's not exactly true Eric, Jeff had been talking to HTM since November which is why HTM posted he was close to signing a deal. I'm sure if you just ask Jarrett he'll confirm.

Bischoff: Steve, having a "conversation" with someone and "being close to a deal" are two entirely different things. I don't know if Jeff did or didn't have a conversation with him, but after reading HTM's post suggesting he was "close to signing a deal" I contacted TNA management who WOULD BE first hand knowledgable if there were ANY serious discussions. THERE WERE NONE. This moron is living in his own world.

Fan: I am starting a fund for Honky. To give the man the quality of life he deserves. For only pennies a day, you can adopt Honky and in return, he will write you letters and you will get photos of his progress. Please make this leap of faith. Make your payments to Honkyneedstoshutthehellup.org

Bischoff: Or you can send food. Anything non perishable and hopefully something one would find at a carnival or small town state fair!

Fan: You really hate HTM quite a bit, dont you.

Bischoff: I don't really hate anyone. I do call BS when its appropriate, and some people are fun to hammer just because they deserve it. HTM falls into both categories. He got caught trying to pull some hillbilly shuffle angle to get a job at TNA and now he just keeps coming up from his triple stack of pancakes with a side of cheese fries and asking for more!

HTM: "On the contrary, we are all convinced (as are most fans) that we proved definitively that we can produce a superior product. While it is going to take some time (and consistency) to gain the market share we hope to gain, we are thrilled with the product we presented, and are more than excited about the future."

What Bi...schoff is trying to say is WWE kicked my a** and there's no way I can spin this disaster. If you had a superior product, WWE wouldn't of destroyed TNA on Monday night. Even worse, if most fans agreed with you they wouldn't of been tuned into USA Network!

0.75 for Hogan ouch. I guess his ratings incentived contract will leave him going back to Vince before long... Funny Hogan has started putting over Vince & Linda in recent interviews.. Go figure.

Bischoff: Spoken from a guy whos only knowledge of the television industry is what kind of color televisions he kind find on Ebay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

handbags at dawn

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_39841.shtml
    Spike TV is reporting data that the March 8 TNA Impact episode was sampled by 5.6 million people for at least six minutes either during Monday night's live airing or during the Thursday replay.

The Impact replay on Thursday officially averaged a 1.0 rating and 1.3 million viewers, which was virtually even with the live episode.

The combined audience (considering some over-lap for live and replay viewers) was a 2.0 rating and 2.7 million viewers, which would be TNA's highest combined audience ever for an Impact episode.

Caldwell's Analysis: Spike is obviously happy with the strong replay rating and having that many eyeballs on the show, even for six minutes. TNA won't have another replay episode this week, so it will be interesting to see what the ratings are for tonight's show.

Interesting stat, if only TNA could produce TV that could keep some of these people.

The rating for tonight's iMPACT! will be interesting to see if TNA does have a hope of going up against WWE.

WWE with Stone Cold as guest-GM or AJ/Jeff and Kurt/Pope vs. Wolfe/Anderson

Jason Powell of Prowrestling.net is reporting that some in WWE may have been paying more attention to last week's TNA Impact then they may have let on. One WWE source noted that the production team was definitely keeping an eye on Impact and estimated that one of every five TV monitors in the production area were tuned to TNA Impact.

The rating for tonight's iMPACT! will be interesting to see if TNA does have a hope of going up against WWE.

WWE with Stone Cold as guest-GM or AJ/Jeff and Kurt/Pope vs. Wolfe/Anderson

Don't leave out Jericho/HBK, Cena/Show and HHH/Orton plus the McMahon/Hart contract signing. On paper, iMPACT! really don't have a hope.

• Advertisement

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_39841.shtml

Interesting stat, if only TNA could produce TV that could keep some of these people.

They used to have replays that drew quite well. When they stopped putting on the replays, their rating was exactly the same. So I wouldn't read too much into that stat. But time will tell.

Advertisement