Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

From ROH's Newswire (http://www.rohwrestlingonline.com/news/march-25th-newswire/

- We hinted at it a couple of days ago, and now it is done. Ring of Honor management has finalized the contracts and it is official. When we return to New York City on May 8th, AMAZING KONG is coming with, and she will face Sara del Rey in a battle of two of the greatest women wrestlers on the planet! Can Kong scale new heights and prove superior, or will Death Rey shoot her down and cement her own status? Be with us in NYC and find out! Don’t forget, the Motor City Machine Guns will also be in action on May 8! Tickets are on sale right now at www.rohwrestling.com!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

"We're in different businesses. We're in the entertainment business and they're in the ‘pro wrasslin' business. It's different markets. When they moved to Monday nights they threw the kitchen sink at us and only did a fraction of our audience. It doesn't speak well for the type of product they're trying to present with the tawdry, blood-soaked action. I don't think that's what the culture wants these days."
    [/COLOR]

TNA should start calling themselves the largest Pro Wrestling company in America, add the highest rated wrestling show on TV too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

TNA should start calling themselves the largest Pro Wrestling company in America, add the highest rated wrestling show on TV too.

Vince used to say the same thing about WCW too, that fans dont want wrasslin they want entertainment but look what happened there in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Vince used to say the same thing about WCW too, that fans dont want wrasslin they want entertainment but look what happened there in fairness

It only really happened for them when they stoppped being a wrestling focused company and became more storyline oriented with the NWO etc, though.

flahavaj wrote: »
    It only really happened for them when they stoppped being a wrestling focused company and became more storyline oriented with the NWO etc, though.

Thats true but then again they also had Jericho,Guerrero,Malenko,Saturn and Benoit, The cruisers like Mysterio, Kidman, Ultimo Dragon, Liger, Juvi, La Parka etc etc as well as the NWO, Sting, Flair etc so it was a good balance(pre 1998) of that good wrestling style, mixed with "sports entertainment"

• Advertisement

Xplosion followed by Destination X tonight, yay!!

I meant it in more of a marketing way to build themselves up.

I meant it in more of a marketing way to build themselves up.

Ah absolutely, they should.. They should use any thing they can at their disposal to put themselves over WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Ah absolutely, they should.. They should use any thing they can at their disposal to put themselves over WWE

No. They shouldn't. Because WCW made mistakes and TNA have to learn not to make the same ones. TNA needs to establish itself for a few years more and make sure to be a proper rival to WWE - WWE needs a rival to thrive itself.

http://www.outsports.com/os/index.php/component/content/article/62-news/303-bisexual-wrestler-orlando-jordan-premieres-on-tna
    Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling takes a bold step Monday, officially debuting the first openly bisexual wrestler at a major U.S.-based professional wrestling promotion.

Orlando Jordan is the character – and truly is bisexual, not just portraying a gay (or bi) character, as has been the norm in pro wrestling’s past.

Jordan made his debut for TNA Wrestling on Jan. 4, with no hint that night of his sexuality. He walked to the ring for a February match accompanied by a male and a female.

Monday, the cat is out of the bag, so to speak.

On “TNA iMPACT!” (Monday, 9-11 p.m. Eastern Time, Spike TV), a show that was taped on March 23 in Orlando, Fla., Jordan is lowered into the ring from the arena’s rafters wrapped in yellow police tape with the TNA logo.

Jordan then crawls through the ring and ultimately walks to a nearby white couch where he sits between a shirtless male and a sexy female.

Behind the trio is the tri-colored bisexual pride flag, plus two male symbols and one female symbol.

Jordan has been wrestling professionally since 1999 and previously worked for World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).

Pro wrestling has a long history of stereotypical gay characters: flamboyant and over-the-top. Such as Gorgeous George, “Exotic” Adrian Street, Adrian Adonis, Rico, the West Hollywood Blondes, Chuck and Billy, and others. Wrestler Chris Kanyon (real name: Chris Klucaritis) is openly gay, but did not come out until after leaving World Championship Wrestling (WCW) and the WWE. He is now retired from the industry.

All have been portrayed by straight wrestlers.

Jordan, from Richmond, Va., played football and wrestled in high school. He also attended Boise State University.

TNA Wrestling also features Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, Sting, Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles and others, such as gay-friendly Kevin Nash.

Who knows, maybe the worlds bi population will start tuning into iMPACT!. That gay-friendly Kevin Nash bit nearly made me fall out of my chair.

• Advertisement

Ah should have read this thread first.:pac:

Bisexual character grand, but why the need to lower him from the roof and wrap him in tape?

Ah should have read this thread first.:pac:

This still doesn't really give you an idea what's going on though, it's all a little bizarre. Though any non-wrestling publicity for TNA right now is great.

Does it mean Sting is gay as well because he's always hanging around the rafters?:pac:

Does it mean Sting is gay as well because he's always hanging around the rafters?:pac:

I think that's a fair assumption. Maybe that's why he took so long to get out of the rafters a few weeks ago.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I think that's a fair assumption. Maybe that's why he took so long to get out of the rafters a few weeks ago.:)

Only unless Orlando Jordan has been sighted up on the rafters too :pac:

Does that mean coming down from the rafters is the new coming out of the closet?

Does that mean coming down from the rafters is the new coming out of the closet?

Why yes, yes it does.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/1848-an-update-on-the-condition-of-hernandez
    As the world witnessed on Monday night on TNA "iMPACT" on SpikeTV, Hernandez was injured at the hands of "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan when Morgan used his "Carbon Footprint" finishing move on Hernandez against the wrestling ring's steel post, kicking Hernandez in the head and causing an instant blackout.

The match was quickly stopped by the referee, and medical officials immediately placed Hernandez in a protective neck brace, then loaded him onto a stretcher for quick transport to a local Orlando hospital.

TNAwrestling.com has learned that Hernandez was released from the hospital early Thursday morning after a few nights of precautionary observation. He has suffered a herniated disc and cervical damage to his neck. Unfortunately, TNA Wrestling management has informed us that Hernandez is out of action indefinitely. We wish him well in his recovery, and we will continue to update fans on his condition.

The status of the TNA World Tag Team Championship is still to be determined. Matt Morgan currently claims ownership of both titles.

That was a really good segment on iMPACT! actually. They did a great job of turning the very pro-Morgan iMPACT! Zone against him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

That was a really good segment on iMPACT! actually. They did a great job of turning the very pro-Morgan iMPACT! Zone against him.

That was a sweat spot in fairness, the kick looked cool but that was only part of it. They waited till Morgan got in and he went over to the ref before the ref rushed out and threw up the X sign its just playing straight for the smarks, thought it was very well done. Less said about the rest of the show the better but that bit was good.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    That was a sweat spot in fairness, the kick looked cool but that was only part of it. They waited till Morgan got in and he went over to the ref before the ref rushed out and threw up the X sign its just playing straight for the smarks, thought it was very well done. Less said about the rest of the show the better but that bit was good.

I thought this weeks iMPACT! was pretty strong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Who knows, maybe the worlds bi population will start tuning into iMPACT!.
    Can't speak for the rest of "my people", but I won't tune in to watch Jordan 'cus I think he's a poor wrestler. Personally, I'd prefer it if his sexuality was a non-issue, not a gimmick.

One overlooked factor in TNA's destiny to compete with rival promotion World Wrestling Entertainment are the added expenses entailed.

Since January, the company has ballooned its roster to over 70 performers with the notable additions of high priced stars such as Ric Flair, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy and the former Mr. Kennedy. Furthermore, the company has added the costly expense of going live every other Monday night and promotion of said move (i.e. airing commercials during Monday Night Raw and running Billboards in Times Square). Other than slight bumps in house show attendance and merchandise sales, TNA has to little to show for its efforts. In fact, ratings are at its lowest levels in four years due to the move to Monday nights.

Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer cryptically said during a recent episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that TNA is having bigger financial problems than most realize.

"I'm worried about my friends who work for TNA because they have bigger financial problems than anyone knows," Meltzer said.

Their merch. department is up over 60% since Don West took over according to Bill Behrens, add to that new Hardy, Hogan, Styles, Beer Money, Flair and Anderson and most likely upcoming RVD T-Shirts and that figure should increase. Their House Show business is notably up and I don't see how going live is costing them anymore money as they're still going by the old taping schedule. Plus Spike are most likely paying them more for iMPACT! considering they renegotiated late last year plus they're being paid for Epics aswell. Also take into account that they no longer have the big money contracts of Booker T and Scott Steiner. TNA'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

TNA'll be fine.

You've seen their accounts? A million other people said the same thing about Lehmann brothers.

Really, no one knows but rationally they have added alot more costs over the last 6 months than revenue. One can only hope Spike are assisting them with certain wrestlers wage but if they are, one would imagine they have higher expectations than .8's.

Starting to watch iMPACT! there. After reading the reviews, I can;t wait to watch it *Prays it won't be cut off in the middle*

For anybody that didn't see iMPACT!, the highlight:

For anybody that didn't see iMPACT!, the highlight:

Didn't Bubba suffer a broken nose because of that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

28jeand.jpg

*cue sarcastic trumpet noise* waa waa waa waahhh! :D

jaykhunter wrote: »
    28jeand.jpg

*cue sarcastic trumpet noise* waa waa waa waahhh! :D

Yeeessssss!!!!!!!!!!!

That pic has made my day

• Advertisement

As dojojoe posted in the news thread, Consequences Creed was released from TNA today.

Creed's twitter:
    Thanks for the support! Yea it's true no more TNA for me. So now it's time to do work son! The only thing that can beat a Creed is a Drago!

Advertisement