Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Shame, I always thought Creed had a fantastic energy and in any interview with him he's always come across as a really likable guy and a great ambassador for TNA. Typical TNA, save pennies in order to spend thousands.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10011112.shtml
    Prowrestling.net has officially confirmed with TNA sources that the The Nasty Boys are no longer working for TNA. The news was originally posted at HonkyTonkMan.net and then verified independently.

Powell's POV: I reported last week to Dot Net Members that the Nasty Boys were not at the tapings last week, and Eric Bischoff posted a note on his Facebook page that asked a fan who didn't care for the team when the last time he saw them on TNA television was. Honky has more info on what led to their release, but I was unable to confirm said info.

You can't see it but I'm actually jumping up and down. I hope they keep Jimmy Hart around as he can actually be an asset. Just Orlando Jordan to go and then I won't have much of a problem with TNA's roster.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10011112.shtml

You can't see it but I'm actually jumping up and down. I hope they keep Jimmy Hart around as he can actually be an asset. Just Orlando Jordan to go and then I won't have much of a problem with TNA's roster.

Excellent News MF. Yea get rid of Oj and Flair and ill be happy

Excellent News MF. Yea get rid of Oj and Flair and ill be happy

At least Flair brings something to the dance and makes for some entertaining TV but OJ has nothing unique or marketable. Creed deserved a spot much more than he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

is it true hogan is trying to get bobby heenan to come to tna? i mean aint he still very sick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,152 ✭✭✭✭Penn

is it true hogan is trying to get bobby heenan to come to tna? i mean aint he still very sick?

It doesn't sound very likely. Probably just a joke about how Hogan is bringing in loads of older guys like Flair, Hall, Nasty Boys etc. I don't know though, haven't heard anything about it

They're bringing in Heenan for the Lockdown legends fanfest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

just watching iMPACT now Machismo fan! All i could think about is you must be marking out!!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    just watching iMPACT now Machismo fan! All i could think about is you must be marking out!!

Lethal is awesome, as stale as the gimmick is, Lethal is still hilarious.

Lethal is awesome, as stale as the gimmick is, Lethal is still hilarious.

I've been bored of him being Macho for a long time but Machismo interacting with Hogan? GOLD! I was flipping out at his segments (Booking with Bischoff, Hogan's) it was so awesome. Doesn't help Machismo one bit but i loved it.

• Advertisement

I've been bored of him being Macho for a long time but Machismo interacting with Hogan? GOLD! I was flipping out at his segments (Booking with Bischoff, Hogan's) it was so awesome. Doesn't help Machismo one bit but i loved it.

At least he's on TV and winning matches which is more than he's gotten over the last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

TNA WRESTLING are on course to treble their ratings in Britain thanks to the arrival of Hulk Hogan — declaring the UK as the key battleground in their war with WWE.

The number of people watching flagship show Impact, broadcast every Saturday night at 9pm on Bravo and 10pm on Bravo+1, has jumped hugely since January.
    That period has coincided with the addition of Hogan to the roster, along with other big-name newcomers Ric Flair, Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam and Eric Bischoff.
    Dixie Carter's company today announced the average viewership of Impact in the first 11 weeks of 2010 was 133,000.
    Two recent shows reached record highs of 152,000 and 153,000 — almost three times the average number of viewers in 2009 of 56,000.

Hulk_Hogan_1016753a.jpg

Carter said: "TNA have remained committed to the United Kingdom's wrestling fans far past our annual Maximum Impact tours — and it is beginning to show.
    "The UK is ground zero in the battle to make a change for wrestling fans across the globe."
    Ronan Hand, acquisitions manager for Virgin Media, who own Bravo, added: "We are very pleased with how TNA are doing and are grateful for all the work they do in bringing their exciting show to these shores, just reward for the burgeoning UK fan base."
    According to the Broadcaster's Audience Research Board, the figures mean TNA Impact beats the first run rating of rival shows WWE Raw and Smackdown.
    The comparison, however, is not entirely fair as the WWE shows are broadcast on the Sky Sports subscription channels in the UK and are repeated through the week where they add viewers.
    But the news comes as a welcome lift for TNA, after Impact ratings suffered a big knock in the US by going head-to-head against a WWE Raw featuring Shawn Michaels' retirement

Awesome IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,618 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

if their so committed they should sort out the tv rights ffs

waiting 6 days to watch the latest impact is a disgrace and the ****s up that extreme channel did recently isnt really commitment is it.

Headshot wrote: »
    if their so committed they should sort out the tv rights ffs

waiting 6 days to watch the latest impact is a disgrace and the ****s up that extreme channel did recently isnt really commitment is it.

Yeah going live has to be a priority, but then again i presume its far too expensive for them at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'd love to see TNA on ESPN/ESPN America/ESPN 2 (if they make it). That way, we could see iMPACT! live and in HD and maybe ESPN could do a deal with TNA like they do with the UFC (the Spike connection) for the PPV's

Imagine WWE Raw (Sky Sports) vs. TNA iMPACT! (ESPN):D:D:D

Only problem with that though would be the ratings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,618 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yeah going live has to be a priority, but then again i presume its far too expensive for them at this stage

tbf I dont mind waiting 2-3 days but 6 days is well out of order

when tna was on wednesday, bravo had it on saturday, that wasnt bad compared to now

Maybe it's a test run to see how well it fares on the channel; maybe they'll move it up to Tuesdays if it does well. It's very expensive to broadcast live so I'd imagine one day delay isn't that bad. Even Thursdays and PPVs on Fridays.....

Tbh i think the timeslot they have is the most logical because its a pre-empt to Smackdown and has the least WWE competition in that timeslot, as well as not much competition from other entertainment programming. 150,000 viewers must be higher than RAWs Monday and Thursday audience combined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

When is there a 'new show' on?
    Like SmackDown is a Friday night, Raw is Monday night/Thursday night.
    I've been getting the urge to watch wrestling again, but I just can't watch WWE without cringing, tbh.

When does a new TNA come on and what channel?

impact is on 9pm Saturdays every week on Extreme Sports Channel.

• Advertisement

impact is on 9pm Saturdays every week on Bravo.

FYP Jay. Bravo have the rights to iMPACT! and Extreme Sports have the PPV and Xplosion rights

FYP Jay. Bravo have the rights to iMPACT! and Extreme Sports have the PPV and Xplosion rights

bollox! cheers! Ya Bravo 9pm on Saturdays and E.S.C. for PPVs on Friday at 10pm

Destination X repeat tomorrow night at 11pm on E.S.C.
    http://tvlistings.guardian.co.uk/text-only/?tvgDayOffset=2f&tvgBroadcaster=UKSkyCable&tvgRegion=London&tvgFlagFilter=&tvgChannelName=Extreme+Sports

Webmatch: Angelina Love vs. Madison Rayne:

TNA Today with Dory Funk:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

TNA Today with Dory Funk:

Cant believe they are throwing away that ladder match on free TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

How long has Dory Funk worked for TNA?:confused:

flahavaj wrote: »
    How long has Dory Funk worked for TNA?:confused:

I don't believe he does, he was just visiting backstage and is another that'll be at the Lockdown Legends Fanfest. On the ladder match, I don't think it's too much to give away, they made fans pay for a ladder match a few weeks ago and this one builds towards their Lockdown cage match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

I don't believe he does, he was just visiting backstage and is another that'll be at the Lockdown Legends Fanfest. On the ladder match, I don't think it's too much to give away, they made fans pay for a ladder match a few weeks ago and this one builds towards their Lockdown cage match.

TBH I'm still not gone on the idea of giving a free ladder match away on TV before the cage match at Lockdown. But if they are given time on iMPACT, this could be a really good match. I'm looking forward to it.

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    TBH I'm still not gone on the idea of giving a free ladder match away on TV before the cage match at Lockdown. But if they are given time on iMPACT, this could be a really good match. I'm looking forward to it.

Thankfully iMPACT! is slowly moving towards longer matches on the show, we had a 13 minute match last week and an 11 minute match the week before so I'm hopeful this'll get time. By the way, next week on iMPACT! we'll have Matt Morgan explaining his attack on Hernandez and this rematch:
    preview4.jpg

• Advertisement

Thankfully iMPACT! is slowly moving towards longer matches on the show, we had a 13 minute match last week and an 11 minute match the week before so I'm hopeful this'll get time. By the way, next week on iMPACT! we'll have Matt Morgan explaining his attack on Hernandez and this rematch:
    preview4.jpg

Wolfe/Pope = :cool::cool:

Advertisement