Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Updated preview:
    On Monday night, TNA Wrestling "iMPACT!" returns to SpikeTV with a special start time of 8PM/7C - one hour early!
    impact1.jpg

- Already announced for the huge broadcast is Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson in a Ladder Match with the key to the Lockdown cage door hanging in the balance! Who will get their advantage going into their battle at Lockdown? Don't miss Angle vs. Anderson on Monday night!
    ladder.jpg

- After what happened this past week, there will be a rematch on Monday's "iMPACT!" between "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero and Desmond Wolfe! Can Wolfe pull off another shocking win over the #1 Contender to the TNA World Heavyweight Championship - or will The Pope get his revenge?
    preview4.jpg

- A huge 8 Knockouts Tag Team Match has been signed with Knockouts Champion Tara teaming with Angelina Love, ODB and Hamada to battle The Beautiful People and Daffney

- Plus, rumors are that Doug Williams plans to host an X Division Gauntlet! What does the X Division Champion have in store for his rivals?

- Also, tune in for more big news on the upcoming Lockdown Pay-Per-View event! Will more names be announced for the Lethal Lockdown when Team Hogan faces Team Flair? Tune in Monday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭danny29

Dinero Looks Awesome in that Picture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Regardless of what is being said by TNA President Dixie Carter and others within the company, tomorrow night's live Impact on April 5 airing one hour earlier from 8:00-10:00 p.m. ET (instead of the usual 9:00-11:00 p.m.) is an experiment to see if the show will perform stronger in a different timeslot. They are still slated to return to the old timeslot next week on April 12, but they are definitely looking at the idea of moving it up one hour considering how low numbers have been since March

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

TNA Wrestling may be taking their Spike [COLOR=#EE1C24 ! important][COLOR=#EE1C24 ! important]TV [COLOR=#EE1C24 ! important]show[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] Impact to New York City—permanently.
    According to a source, TNA is seriously contemplating moving their flagship show out of the Impact Zone in Universal Studios, Orlando, FL and to the world's media capital.
    The venue of choice would be the Paramount [COLOR=#EE1C24 ! important][COLOR=#EE1C24 ! important]Theater[/COLOR][/COLOR]—the old home of WWF (WWE) New York/The World nightclub and restaurant.
    On the surface, the benefits of a potential move may seem obvious: hotter crowds, paying customers (fans in Universal are admitted free of charge), bigger spotlight, etc. However, factoring in the operating expenditures is key—higher cost on rent, higher taxes, more expensive hotels, more competition in entertainment (plays, concerts, NY sports teams), among other issues.
    If this move occurs, it is still unknown what that means for Impact's future, considering this past Monday's rating was a shockingly low .6. Obviously, major changes to the creative and in-ring product would need to occur in order to draw more viewers and paying customers.
    Then again, [COLOR=#EE1C24 ! important][COLOR=#EE1C24 ! important]Hulk [COLOR=#EE1C24 ! important]Hogan[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] could sell out Paramount Theater.
    But could he do so on a weekly basis when the Hulkamania novelty wears off?
    That remains to be seen. For the time being, TNA may try and run Impact at the Paramount at least once to test the waters and go from there.
    There is no doubt this could be a huge move for TNA, but the financial consequences need to be kept in mind.

WOO i hope this is true

not only do we get wwe shows/big roh shows every 3 months/dragon gate usa

now i can get to see some impact in nyc baby!

According to prowrestling.net, Tommy Dreamer's non-compete with WWE has expired. He was released by the company in early January, which makes him eligible to appear as soon as tonight's TNA Impact.

Jeff Hardy posted a message on his Twitter page that will fuel the speculation.

"I'm a Dreamer and I know I'm not the only one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,618 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what is it with tna and these oldies

personally speaking they shouldnt go near him

Rud3Bwoy wrote: »
    TNA Wrestling may be taking their Spike TV show Impact to New York City—permanently.
    According to a source, TNA is seriously contemplating moving their flagship show out of the Impact Zone in Universal Studios, Orlando, FL and to the world's media capital.
    The venue of choice would be the Paramount Theater — the old home of WWF (WWE) New York/The World nightclub and restaurant.
    On the surface, the benefits of a potential move may seem obvious: hotter crowds, paying customers (fans in Universal are admitted free of charge), bigger spotlight, etc. However, factoring in the operating expenditures is key—higher cost on rent, higher taxes, more expensive hotels, more competition in entertainment (plays, concerts, NY sports teams), among other issues.
    If this move occurs, it is still unknown what that means for Impact's future, considering this past Monday's rating was a shockingly low .6. Obviously, major changes to the creative and in-ring product would need to occur in order to draw more viewers and paying customers.
    Then again, Hulk Hogan could sell out Paramount Theater.
    But could he do so on a weekly basis when the Hulkamania novelty wears off?
    That remains to be seen. For the time being, TNA may try and run Impact at the Paramount at least once to test the waters and go from there.
    There is no doubt this could be a huge move for TNA, but the financial consequences need to be kept in mind.

WOO i hope this is true

not only do we get wwe shows/big roh shows every 3 months/dragon gate usa

now i can get to see some impact in nyc baby!

PWInsider kills the rumour:
    In regard to several rumors making the rounds this weekend, there's nothing to TNA moving their TV Tapings to the Paramount Theater in New York City. That venue, the former WWF New York facility, currently houses the Hard Rock Cafe. I don't know where these things start but logistically, that one is impossible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

PWInsider kills the rumour:

That seemed like total B.S from the start tbh

Last night on Twitter, Paul Heyman went on a rant about the the way TNA has booked Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy in recent weeks. Heyman started off by writing:

"To answer all the questions, I will not be blogging on last night's TNA Impact. What am I going to say that has not been said already?"

A minute later, Heyman let it fly:

"Okay, I can't resist. How many times can u beat up RVD and Jeff Hardy and not give them a 'revenge-minded' interview afterwards? Heels beat up babyfaces. Babyfaces swear revenge. People tune in. Holy s---! The formula is not that f'n complicated, people!"

"I don't want any1 to think I am saying I know it all. I DON'T KNOW IT ALL. I still have a lot to learn. I don't know how to grow hair on top of my head. I don't know how to get six pack abs."

"BUT I KNOW THAT IF A HEEL BEATS UP A POPULAR BABYFACE, THEN BABYFACE NEEDS A CHANCE TO PROMOTE THE TIME AND PLACE OF THE BABYFACE'S REVENGE."

Well TNA offically think its 1997

Partial Source: The Pro Wrestling Torch
    TNA may be dipping into the 90s well again as there has been much talk of starting a faction consisting of former ECW wrestlers.
    ECW alumni presently on the roster include Rob Van Dam, Brother Ray, Brother Devon, Rhino, Raven, Dr. Stevie and Taz. Also, the former Spike Dudley worked an episode of iMPACT! a few weeks ago not to mention that Tommy Dreamer has been rumored to join the promotion as an on-air performer

• Advertisement

TNA may be dipping into the 90s well again as there has been much talk of starting a faction consisting of former ECW wrestlers.
    ECW alumni presently on the roster include Rob Van Dam, Brother Ray, Brother Devon, Rhino, Raven, Dr. Stevie and Taz. Also, the former Spike Dudley worked an episode of iMPACT! a few weeks ago not to mention that Tommy Dreamer has been rumored to join the promotion as an on-air performer

ECW alumni vs. the Band would've been cool back then. Now, it just doesn't make any sense

ECW alumni vs. the Band would've been cool back then. Now, it just doesn't make any sense

Im gonna put up a message on Vince Russo's facebook

TNA New Breed vs ECW Originals = Ratings:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Well we never got to see it in WCW or WWF so why not. Although I don't think Dreamer has a place in today's wrestling scene; neither does a lot of TNA oldboys :L

TNA got RVD and that's all that matters :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Please don't.

If this happens, you're getting the credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

If this happens, you're getting the credit

If this happens, he's getting the blame!~!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

:(

Dont think this is a good idea at all. I actually dont know what to say.

Russo's Facebook page, just to keep in eye out for a certain comment;):D

http://www.facebook.com/Russo#!/Russo?v=wall

Russo's Facebook page, just to keep in eye out for a certain comment;):D

http://www.facebook.com/Russo#!/Russo?v=wall

Done and Done its not the same with the pacman though..

Done and Done its not the same with the pacman though..

Now we play the waiting game... :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Nude photographs of yet another TNA star have surfaced online — or rather resurfaced — of that of Orlando Jordan.

Jordan's bizarre persona has garnered publicity on a number of gay and lesbian websites as well as general media outlets due to him being first openly bisexual wrestler to appear in a major United States-based professional wrestling promotion. One popular celebrity blog site enclosed shots of a bare Jordan alongside their coverage of his unique distinction. The celebrity blog, which typically does not cover professional wrestling, also posted nude images of WWE announcer Matt Striker when they were uncovered last year.

It should be noted, however, that the nude images of Jordan are not at all recent as they initially surfaced online a few years ago. The photos were discovered because Jordan had stored them on a public photo sharing website alongside shots of him wrestling.

Nude photographs of yet another TNA star have surfaced online — or rather resurfaced — of that of Orlando Jordan.

Jordan's bizarre persona has garnered publicity on a number of gay and lesbian websites as well as general media outlets due to him being first openly bisexual wrestler to appear in a major United States-based professional wrestling promotion. One popular celebrity blog site enclosed shots of a bare Jordan alongside their coverage of his unique distinction. The celebrity blog, which typically does not cover professional wrestling, also posted nude images of WWE announcer Matt Striker when they were uncovered last year.

It should be noted, however, that the nude images of Jordan are not at all recent as they initially surfaced online a few years ago. The photos were discovered because Jordan had stored them on a public photo sharing website alongside shots of him wrestling.

Thanks be to God boards is a site that these pics can't go up on,

You ruined my lunch, thanks

Thanks be to God boards is a site that these pics can't go up on,

You ruined my lunch, thanks

+1

I wasn't expecting it to be Velvet Sky or anything, but c'mon this has to be the worst news possible....and more confirmation that the whole thing is just a publicity stunt. Thankfully when people get 'used' to OJ's crap they'll just release him......can't come quickly enough!

He's a sh*t wrestler thats the thing i dont understand, guess TNA just love his potential for getting them attention whether that be good or bad

He's a sh*t wrestler thats the thing i dont understand, guess TNA just love his potential for getting them attention whether that be good or bad

His segments are.... different to say the least but I think that's what TNA are after. Something people will remember and get people talking about it

I can only imagine what it's like at TNA Creative?

What's that? Make sense?

399688291a9692548612l.jpg

That's a paddlin :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,340 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought it was Kaz but OJ :eek:

Speaking of OJ

In an interview with Outsports.com, Orlando Jordan talks about his character in TNA and how he hopes his character is able to help troubled teens.

"My character in TNA is pretty eccentric. But, in pro wrestling, the first priority is to be on top of the sport. Behind the smoke and mirrors of the character's antics [and] his flamboyancy is a drive to be the best in the business. That's my goal. I really hope this character helps troubled teens, be it [those struggling] because of their race or their sexuality," Jordan said. "If this character makes life even just a little bit easier for someone else, then I'll be really happy."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Speaking of OJ

In an interview with Outsports.com, Orlando Jordan talks about his character in TNA and how he hopes his character is able to help troubled teens.

"My character in TNA is pretty eccentric. But, in pro wrestling, the first priority is to be on top of the sport. Behind the smoke and mirrors of the character's antics [and] his flamboyancy is a drive to be the best in the business. That's my goal. I really hope this character helps troubled teens, be it [those struggling] because of their race or their sexuality," Jordan said. "If this character makes life even just a little bit easier for someone else, then I'll be really happy."

He's evidently labouring under the mistaken assumption people like him.

If I were gay/bi and insecure, a public figure like OJ wouldn't make me feel so secure.

Neither would his promos/appearances where his sexuality is used as a tool to make him look like a crazy, stalker weirdo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Ah he is cool, I like the OJ gimmick it has potential everybody loves to hate gay people and all that I reckon it could work.

Advertisement