Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭danny29

An Important Public Service Announcement From The Motor City Machine Guns:

The best tag team on the Planet in terms of image and Performance. I wish they are the tag champs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

http://polldaddy.com/poll/3111102/

heap of crap they'll just rig the poll anyways.

cant believe that waste of space rob terry no. 1 holds a strap and no.2 is on the short list for a world title shot.

ridiculous i'd do a better job in the ring meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

ayatollah wrote: »

cant believe that waste of space rob terry no. 1 holds a strap and no.2 is on the short list for a world title shot.

Ah but are you pumped full of steroids and happy to take an unprotected chair shot for no reason on free TV? Nah, didn't think so aya, back to the X Division with ye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

No you wouldn't.

Terry looks like a beast and is very popular in the UK (TNA's second biggest market) by all accounts, it is clear to me they are trying to turn him into their version of the British Bulldog. We'll see how the experiment works out, he's super green but at least they're taking a chance on someone new.

I'm also interested to see how the ranking system works out. Its the type of thing that could be forgotten about in a week, or could lead to increased fan participation in who gets pushed, leading to the likes of Wolfe getting pushed again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

he's super green

He's even greener than that...

He did a run in the other night and fell over will trying to pummell someone in the ring he was so enthusiast.

I'd take him a bit more seriously if he'd take that ridiculous mad man scowl off his face for 5 minutes.

He needs to slow down... the unstoppable mad man thing isn't doing much for him.

He needs a manager too... badly... someone to talk him up... instead of having him going around like a mute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why no Joe :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Can't believe at one stage I was convinced the only British Invasion member who'd do well in singles competition was Magnus.

Also, I <3 MCMG.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

jpb1974 wrote: »
    He did a run in the other night and fell over will trying to pummell someone in the ring he was so enthusiast.

I'd take him a bit more seriously if he'd take that ridiculous mad man scowl off his face for 5 minutes.

He needs to slow down... the unstoppable mad man thing isn't doing much for him.

If you watch it back, he actually fell over doing a rather impressive spin kick that the camera missed and Joe nearly fell over on his return aswell, does that mean TNA shouldn't push him. Plus, if they slow him down that'll only further show his weaknesses. The only way he'll improve is by giving him a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

The only way he'll improve is by giving him a chance.

I never said they shouldn't... I suggested how I think he should be better used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

- TNA is not interested in bringing in Jimmy Wang Yang.

- TNA is interested in signing Shelton Benjamin, especially since Charlie Haas was recently released from WWE also. Believe it or not, there was talk over the weekend of re-forming Team Angle with Kurt Angle, Shelton and Haas, something that was done in WWE almost a decade ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

jpb1974 wrote: »
    I never said they shouldn't... I suggested how I think he should be better used.

He's been booked perfectly. By booking him in short, exciting squash matches (he looked great against Homicide), and keeping him off the mic, TNA have perfectly highlighted Terry's upside and concealed his weaknesses. His run-in against Team Flair was embarrasing last week alright, but that should be put down to Terry's inexperience (ineptness?...) rather than bad booking. Had he not botched the press slam on Wolfe and the spin kick on Sting, he would have looked great. It remains to be seen if Terry can overcome his weaknesses and grow into the star TNA clearly want him to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Tara, formerly Victoria in WWE, has announced her impending departure from TNA here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    ... Believe it or not, there was talk over the weekend of re-forming Team Angle with Kurt Angle, Shelton and Haas, something that was done in WWE almost a decade ago.

I like how They say that as if it would be a shock to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

Can't believe at one stage I was convinced the only British Invasion member who'd do well in singles competition was Magnus.

Also, I <3 MCMG.

What? You doubted the Finest thing in life? Douglas Williams. For shame.

- Impact drew 63,000 viewers on Bravo (April 12 edition airing April 17; - 47,000 viewers), with 40,000 viewers on Bravo+1 (+3,000)

credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Sean Waltman's no-showing the Lockdown event is considered an excused absence since he did not have a wrestling license in Missouri.

- Kurt Angle is expected back in four to six weeks.

- Good news for Angelina Love after tearing an elbow ligament and a partial biceps tear, as surgery is not required. She should be back in action in about a month.

- TNA Wrestling is heavily pushing the introduction of a new rankings system for the Heavyweight division in the company. The ranking system, which was hinted at back in February, will focus on a combination of career performance, win/loss record and online fan voting. New rankings will be announced the day after every Pay Per View. Fans can vote online at this link and can vote as often as they would like. It should be noted that even though someone may have a lead in the poll (currently Desmond Wolfe), it doesn't mean they will be ranked #1 when the rankings are revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    - TNA is not interested in bringing in Jimmy Wang Yang.

- TNA is interested in signing Shelton Benjamin, especially since Charlie Haas was recently released from WWE also. Believe it or not, there was talk over the weekend of re-forming Team Angle with Kurt Angle, Shelton and Haas, something that was done in WWE almost a decade ago.

i wouldnt seeing a team angle reunion

Robert Roode vs. Chris Sabin in the Weekly Webmatch (as good a match as it could be given the time they had):

Also, MCMG vs. Beer Money added to Mondays iMPACT!.

The Beautiful People vs. Sarita, Taylor Wilde and Tara with all the titles on the line added to iMPACT!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

AWESOME KONG COMMENTS ON TNA'S DECISION TO DROP BUBBA

On her twitter account, former TNA star Awesome Kong commented, "Kongfucious says: Karma is a b**ch... named Kong!!!!"

legend.

said it before - i love this woman.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/1929-2002-ppvs-coming-to-video-vault
    74f207603b94798d512b9bd8126f9efa_XL.jpg
    TNA Wrestling originally broadcast weekly, two-hour Pay-Per-View broadcasts from Huntsville, Alabama, as well as the famed "Asylum" in Nashville, Tennessee. Many of these original events have never been re-aired in their entirety, until now!

With the early events on TNAVIDEOVAULT.COM, fans will have the opportunity to witness the beginnings of the now-global promotion, including the rise of AJ Styles and the X Division, the early tag team ranks including America's Most Wanted and Triple X, as well as heavyweight action featuring Jeff Jarrett, Ken Shamrock, Raven and more!

Viewer discretion is advised, as the original broadcasts are complete and unedited - visit TNAVideoVault.com starting this Friday to start watching!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I used to love when TWC used to show old TNA pity its gone

- Despite parting ways not long ago, TNA is said to be trying to sign Christopher Daniels back reports The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The main difference now is that he would be offered a per-event deal as opposed to a guaranteed deal. Daniels was among a few higher paid guys on the roster and wasn't being used at the level of some of the talent under long term deals. There was said to be a pretty negative reaction within the company over his release. Whether or not Daniels will accept the new deal remains to be seen.

- Former WWE Diva Ashley Massaro posted the following on her Twitter page, asking fans for help to get her a job in TNA.

"I say you want me at TNA, maybe let Ms. Dixie know? :o) you guys are the sweetest, love you so much!"

- - Team 3D are pushing to bring in Brother Runt as a regular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

TNA President Dixie Carter announced the following on her Facebook this afternoon:TNA will make a major announcement during tonights TNA iMPACT! on Spike TV at 8ET/7CT. We strive to deliver what our fans want, and the next step in the evolution of the TNA brand will do just that.The announcement may be TNA's move back to Thursday nights. TNA officials announced to the wrestlers at today's iMPACT in the locker room that iMPACT is going back to Thursday nights which is obviously a good move. We should know more after tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Dot Net TNA News: TNA Impact moving back to Thursday nights
    May 3, 2010 - 04:22 PM

By Jason Powell

TNA Impact is moving back to Thursday nights on Spike TV. The announcement was made to the wrestlers at the taping in Orlando, Fla. on Monday.

Powell's POV: I assume this is the major announcement that Dixie Carter is teasing. I'm disappointed by the news, but I can't blame Spike TV officials for making the call to move the show given that the ratings have taken a substantial hit on Monday nights. Nevertheless, it would have been interesting to see what type of numbers the show could have drawn over the long haul now that it has an unopposed hour most weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think that's the right move. Will it be a live show if it goes out on Thursday?

Dot Net TNA News: TNA Impact moving back to Thursday nights
    May 3, 2010 - 04:22 PM

By Jason Powell

TNA Impact is moving back to Thursday nights on Spike TV. The announcement was made to the wrestlers at the taping in Orlando, Fla. on Monday.

Powell's POV: I assume this is the major announcement that Dixie Carter is teasing. I'm disappointed by the news, but I can't blame Spike TV officials for making the call to move the show given that the ratings have taken a substantial hit on Monday nights. Nevertheless, it would have been interesting to see what type of numbers the show could have drawn over the long haul now that it has an unopposed hour most weeks.

Sad to see but at least they gave it a shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I think that's the right move. Will it be a live show if it goes out on Thursday?

Id hope so.. Terrible news for TNA tbh it was pretty inevitable after last weeks rating.. Wonder when Hogan and co will abandon shiip now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Sad to see but at least they gave it a shot

A very inconsistent shot.

I am disappointed. If this had been successful it could have sparked something big to the beneift of everybody. Unfortunately, it appears TNA are back on Thursdays, attempting to get back the audience they lost except with an even higher wage bill to pay now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Christ is this going ahead? They've only spent a handful of dates going on Monday; surely an experiment must least at least a year. Ridiculous! Now that we've passed WrestleMania season TNA have a better chance to hook new viewers. It's a real shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

That short-lived Monday night stint was the strangest move I've seen from any company. What did they give it - five weeks? Bouncing around the schedule and going up against WWE in full-steam-ahead-to-Wrestlemania mode at that. I remember thinking at the time that the move to Monday night was exciting, but that the timing wasn't great, and everyone knew it would take a fair few months before they started to see any meaningful increase in their ratings. To move around from timeslot to timeslot and expect instant success is total madness, and you don't need to be a network exec or a wrestling genius to see that. Someone in a decision making role at TNA or Spike really doesn't know what they're doing.

Advertisement