Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Nice.....................................baseball bat;):pac::pac:

:pac::pac: yeah cant take my eyes of.... That bat, Her fueding with Sting over the bat FTW:pac::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Source: The Wrestling Observer

According to a backstage source, TNA will be making a lot of budget cutbacks this week. "It's the moment of truth," said one source.

It was alluded that budget cuts would be made to the company's bloated talent roster, which boasts approximately 70 performers.

This could be the making or breaking of TNA - it's obvious that having 70 performers for a single two-hour broadcast and a few house shows is total madness. They also have all the information they need from a ratings perspective to make the right cuts - to sit down, look how each segment does, and work out 'what does this performer give me per dollar'.

I'd imagine they'll come up with some interesting results. For example, I've read that segments involving Rick Flair crash and burn ratings-wise, wheras the knockouts (who are paid, comparatively, buttons) are consistently good. Even when you take into account the increased investment of road agent and scriptwriter time that these younger and less well-paid talents presumably need, I'd fancy that making a ratings/dollar calculation will show the likes of Matt Morgan to be better value for money than, say, Kevin Nash.

Obviously, you can't make judgements based entirely on this formula - intangibles like Rob Terry's overseas potential, or the leadership that Kurt Angle brings, should come into it too. But I'd love to see someone from a rational, dollars and cents background (such as Bob Carter) actually come in to look at who's delivering and who's not. It's high time someone tried to run a wrestling company in a professional, logical way rather than jumping from one crisis or big idea to another, and TNA have all the talent they need to be successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source: The Wrestling Observer

According to a backstage source, TNA will be making a lot of budget cutbacks this week. "It's the moment of truth," said one source.

It was alluded that budget cuts would be made to the company's bloated talent roster, which boasts approximately 70 performers.

It starts:

Ring announcer Dave Penzer has been cut.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It starts:

The problem I forsee is that they will cut plenty of talent and small fry and try to keep their big names (which don't bring in quality vs. cost ala R.V.D., Jeff, Hogan etc.).

Their focus should be on good tag team division etc. which set them apart from WWE; not try to buy old WWE stars to make them stand out (I'd rather see Generation ME vs. Machine Guns then R.V.D. vs. Jeff etc.). Doing this would not only save a ton of money but it would actually give TNA something WWE don't have which is what they need...

It starts:

Well, that'll easily cover the cost of Flair, Nash, Hogan, Hall, Bischoff, Hardy, Val Venis.... [rants ad infinitum about the over-the-hill/unreliable performers that TNA have written big checks for this year]

• Advertisement

geeky wrote: »
    Well, that'll easily cover the cost of Flair, Nash, Hogan, Hall, Bischoff, Hardy, Val Venis.... [rants ad infinitum about the over-the-hill/unreliable performers that TNA have written big checks for this year]

Val Venis left in March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

After looking through the Roster i could see the following go:
    Amazing Red
    Kendrick
    Stevie Richards
    Generation Me
    Hamada
    Homicide
    Kiyoshi
    Magnus
    ODB
    Rhino
    Tomko

Every one of them could go with the exception of Generation Me, ODB and maybe Homicide and Kendrick. Could keep them for the time being anyway.

From PWInsider:
    One source has noted that former WWE star Kevin Thorne (who has had TNA tryouts before) is at Impact. We haven't independently confirmed he is working the tapings, just that he was spotted at the venue.

If he working the tapings, it's not exactly the best way of trimming down the roster, is it??
    Former TNA Knockout Roxxi is in Orlando, Florida and is expected to work this week's Impact tapings.

:confused::confused::confused:

From PWInsider:

If he working the tapings, it's not exactly the best way of trimming down the roster, is it??

:confused::confused::confused:

Vintage TNA

Michael.jpg

Vintage TNA

Michael.jpg

BTW, any Michael Cole ref has to have this pic:
    Colebingo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

There should be a square on the Cole Bingo card that just says "HAHAHAHA". It's hard to convey how much of a spastic he sounds like when he's laughing through text on a screen, but I'm sure ye get the idea

Cole mentioned Michael Cole Bingo on NXT last week, what a prick:pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

For those unaware, Hamada's contract with TNA will be expiring soon as the contract she signed last year was a one-year deal as we noted yesterday. It's highly unlikely she will be retained considering she is one of the higher paid women on the TNA roster and creative currently has no plans for her.

Meanwhile, there is talk of using Sarita more. Like Hamada, she is one of the higher paid women on the TNA roster, but hasn't been used much as a result of her high-end salary. With the exception of a few performers, most talent are solely paid when they are used. They usually make around $250 per shot and that doesn't include travel/food costs. When you break it all down, that's amazingly low.

As noted earlier, TNA will be making a lot of budget cutbacks this week. According to a source, the cuts would be made to the company's bloated talent roster, which boasts approximately 70 performers these days. We've got a feeling it's going to be a wild week backstage within TNA. Stay tuned as things could get interesting this week!
    From TNAWrestlingNews.com
    The word coming out of last night�s Sacrifice pay-per-view is that LAX won�t be put back together with Hernandez and Homicide once Hernandez returns from Mexico. This probably has a lot to do with Homicide�s recent comments against TNA officials.

The plan is to have Hernandez feud one-on-one with Matt Morgan once he returns.
    From TNAWrestlingNews.com

Looks like Homicide will def be let go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

I'v Just read that magnus has released. well its on wiki.

but he's still on the tna site

cena wrote: »
    I'v Just read that magnus has released. well its on wiki.

but he's still on the tna site

Don't trust wiki for these sort of things. Anyone can edit them

No word about it on PWInsider or F4WOnline so it's false

Don't trust wiki for these sort of things. Anyone can edit them

No word about it on PWInsider or F4WOnline so it's false

Indeed. I recall reading on the wiki that Johnny Giles had popped his clogs the day that the news broke re Gerry Ryan.

In any case, letting Brutus Magnus go would be a surprise given the amount of time they've invested in him. I know their focus is more on Rob Terry right now, but he's still useful to keep around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Band are now defending the belts under the Freebird rule. In their title defenses, it can be any two members of their team defending the belts - Eric Young, Scott Hall or Kevin Nash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

- There are rumors that several TNA names have released in the past 24 hours or so but we're awaiting confirmation.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/7804.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What happened with Bobby Lashley? He kinda just disappeared off screen was he released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

is Foley ever returning??:(

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What happened with Bobby Lashley? He kinda just disappeared off screen was he released?

He was released. He's doing MMA with Strikeforce now.

Meltzer said that Generation Me's contract expired yesterday and is unlikely to be renewed.:(:(:(

Shame, 1 of the best tag teams in wrestling today.

Who put "back to Thursday's you go" as a tag:D:D:D:D

Bubba what a pathetic c*nt

Meltzer said that Generation Me's contract expired yesterday and is unlikely to be renewed.:(:(:(

Shame, 1 of the best tag teams in wrestling today.

Who put "back to Thursday's you go" as a tag:D:D:D:D

Idiots..
    That was me:pac:

Idiots..
    That was me:pac:

"Vintage tag" *runs*

"Vintage tag" *runs*

I knew it.. Dare 2 Defy is just an Avatar for who you really are... MICHAEL COLE:pac:

That's guaranteed to be someone right next to Bubba.

PWInsider.com contacted David Schwarz, Vice President, Communications at Spike TV about this, who issued the following response:

"I can assure you the caller was a fake and TNA iMPACT is not only among the highest rated shows with young men on Spike, but on Thursday nights as well. This past Thursday, Among Basic Cable Networks between 9p-11p, TNA ranked #3 in M18-49 behind ESPN (NBA Conf Semis CAVALIERS/CELTICS) and TBS (Disturbia, Family Guy) And our relationship with Dixie and TNA has never been stronger."

Bubba - "I wasn't being racial". What a f***ing idiot :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

sounds Verne Troyer

I knew it.. Dare 2 Defy is just an Avatar for who you really are... MICHAEL COLE:pac:

:rolleyes::eek:;)

Oh My!!! No, not like this!!! Dammit!! What a comment by the The Viper, Waltersobchek. Ladies and gentleman, this is vintage PW on the longest running PW forum in Ireland, this is PW on boards.ie

:o:o:o

• Advertisement

:rolleyes::eek:;)

Oh My!!! No, not like this!!! Dammit!! What a comment by the The Viper, Waltersobchek. Ladies and gentleman, this is vintage PW on the longest running PW forum in Ireland, this is PW on boards.ie

:o:o:o

Nice.. Cole 2 Defy:pac:

Advertisement