Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

After being pushed back several times Jeff Hardy's trial has begun in The Superior Court of Moore County in Carthage, NC before Judge James M. Webb.

Hardy is facing charges of felony possession of cocaine, felony drug trafficking of opium, two counts of felony possession with intent to redistribute a Schedule III controlled substance, maintaining a dwelling for drug use and/or distribution and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, stemming fm a September 2009 arrest at his home.

At4:20PM, a representative of the Moore County Courthouse noted no updates were yet available on the case as Superior Court is still in session.
    Ohhhhhhhhh the irony :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Ohhhhhhhhh the irony :pac:

Some plant by PWInsider

*Vintage 420* runs

Dave Meltzer is reporting that TNA is prepared to sign former WWE Women's champion Mickie James when her 90-day no complete clause from WWE expires, which would be in late July. James is no stranger to TNA as she was with the company in 2003 working under her indy ring name Alexis Laree.

I thought they were cutting people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Dave Meltzer is reporting that TNA is prepared to sign former WWE Women's champion Mickie James when her 90-day no complete clause from WWE expires, which would be in late July. James is no stranger to TNA as she was with the company in 2003 working under her indy ring name Alexis Laree.

Cuts or not, signing her is a smart business move by TNA imho, as she not only has a big fanbase, but she'd legitimise their woman's division even further..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Cuts or not, signing her is a smart business move by TNA imho, as she not only has a big fanbase, but she'd legitimise their woman's division even further..

Exactly, plus her country album has been very successful and could provide her with more exposure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

With Tara and Kong gone this is a good move by TNA if it happens

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Old Impact from just after Victory Road 2008 is on Bravo 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was watching TNA on Setanta Ireland today at 3pm and it was the one where Anderson talks about how he's an asshole and the audience were all assholes. It went completely uncensored. Only in Ireland eh? :pac:

iMPACT! could be leaving Bravo sooner rather than later. Yesterday, BSkyB bought all Virgin channels (Living, Bravo, Virgin 1, Challenge etc..). I've heard that WWE have a clause in their contract with Sky than WWE can be the only wrestling programme that Sky can broadcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

iMPACT! could be leaving Bravo sooner rather than later. Yesterday, BSkyB bought all Virgin channels (Living, Bravo, Virgin 1, Challenge etc..). I've heard that WWE have a clause in their contract with Sky than WWE can be the only wrestling programme that Sky can broadcast.

I wonder is that true?

but if it is im not sure where TNA could go

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    I wonder is that true?

I think it is.

I hope it goes to ESPN. TNA in HD FTW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Headshot wrote: »
    I wonder is that true?

Wouldn't be shocked at all if it were. The people at the business end of WWE are no fools, and they wouldn't want another promotion coming in and basically doing what they did to regional promotions (offering more competitive terms and high-quality programming).

If it is in the contract, a lot would hinge on whether the clause applied only to sky-branded programming or to any programming directly/indirectly controlled by BskyB. Either way, there's a strong incentive for WWE (and sky) to try and get TNA cancelled, as the UK is one market where they're genuinely competitive. Either that or they might want to get more of their programming out from behind the paywall.

If it does happen, I doubt it'll be long before another channel picks TNA up. The likes of Channel 4 and ITV could really do with a strong ratings-winner (which TNA is in UK terms) at a low enough cost. Could be a very good thing for TNA to be released from any Bravo deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

geeky wrote: »
    The likes of Channel 4 and ITV could really do with a strong ratings-winner (which TNA is in UK terms) at a low enough cost. Could be a very good thing for TNA to be released from any Bravo deal.

TNA won't be going on ITV or Channel 4. Unless it's a 2 in the morning job and even then I don't see that happening.

TNA won't be going on ITV or Channel 4. Unless it's a 2 in the morning job and even then I don't see that happening.

Why do you say that? Bear in mind, ITV and C4 are under more financial pressure than they have been in ages. Something dirt-cheap that has a decent chance of getting ratings has a certain appeal, even if it's only a short-term thing.

Partial Source: Pwinsider

A rep from the Moore County Superior Court confirmed today that three of the four charges against Jeff Hardy have been dropped.

At the June 3rdhearing, the following charges from the September 2009 raid of Hardy's home were dropped:

*Felony drug trafficking, Two felony charges of possession of a Schedule III controlled substance or drug.

*Felony possession of cocaine, Felony maintaining a dwelling for redistribution of controlled substances.

*Misdemeanor Possession of drug paraphernalia.

No reason was given for dropping the charges. Only the charge of Conspiracy to Traffic Opium, which is not as serious as the two dropped felonies, remains. This charge was added in January of this year.

The trial will resume on July 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Why do you say that? Bear in mind, ITV and C4 are under more financial pressure than they have been in ages. Something dirt-cheap that has a decent chance of getting ratings has a certain appeal, even if it's only a short-term thing.

It won't happen. Even at its peak in 2000, Channel 4 ran away from the WWE really quickly after complaints. It wouldn't even enter their minds to consider wrestling in my opinion.

A North Carolina newspaper (ThePilot.com) is running a story that quotes District Attorney Maureen Krueger as saying that no charges against Jeff Hardy have been dropped. In fact, Krueger says "another charge" has been added.

A report yesterday said that 3 of the 4 charges against Jeff had been dropped as of the June 3rd hearing. The story today says that the case was not heard in court on that date, and was carried over until July due to the court being busy.

The court calendar confirms the story of the charges being dropped, but that could be due to a clerical error.

Credit: F4WOnline.com

- According to Dave Meltzer, the creative team in TNA has been told to make sure Hulk Hogan appears on every episode of Impact, even if it is just for a brief moment. There are some thoughts that he should be on television less, so when he does appear, it means more.

- Ric Flair's TNA contract was for 52 dates over a one-year period. Since he has appeared on all the TV/PPV events, they are likely going to have to sign him to a new contract soon. It's possible that TNA will bring in Flair's son Reid so he won't ask for more money when it comes time to sign a new deal.

TNA president Dixie Carter posted the following on her Twitter page:
    "It's 6:30 am. Been up for hours. So excited I can't sleep. TNA's about to change forever. Can't wait to share it w/you, my staff, the talent"

Hmmm.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

^^ Everything changes TNA forever :P

It annoys me the amount of **** TNA gave away for free right before a PPV. They never let us _want_ something, they just give it to us before we ask; they never take the time to relish anything.

• Advertisement

"It's 6:30 am. Been up for hours. So excited I can't sleep. TNA's about to change forever. Can't wait to share it w/you, my staff, the talent"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Hopefully they've brought in Heyman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,152 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm Dixie Carter, b*tch!

ODB posted the following on her Twitter today�

thanks tna fans for all the support but tna and odb have parted ways.it was a decision I made.bamm bitches

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Updated rankings:
    Who is the #1 Contender for the TNA Wrestling Championship? If you saw Thursday’s show, your answer might be Abyss, Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson, and you’d be right.

Your votes were tabulated then presented to the Executive Committee for their input. And, when all was said and done, there was a three-way tie. Each of the Executive Committee members had a different opinion and it was determined that the only reasonable way to settle the conflict was to put all three wrestlers in the ring with the winner getting the chance to face Rob Van Dam for the TNA Wrestling Heavyweight Title.

Easy enough, right? You’d sure think so. But, at the end of the night, after an awesome match, there was no clear winner and as such the three wrestlers remain unranked. The new updated rankings are listed below!

NEW RANKINGS
    Top 3 are Jeff Hardy, Mr. Anderson & Abyss
    4. AJ Styles
    5. Sting
    6. Samoa Joe
    7. Jay Lethal
    8. The Pope
    9. Desmond Wolfe
    10. Kurt Angle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

How much TNA does be on Setanta? I'm looking at their site but they don't seem to have a dedicated page to it. I always catch the last five mins of it at odd times.

Do they show PPVs or wha?

(Setanta as in Setanta Ireland btw.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

The location for Bound for Glory is going to be revealed on next weeks iMPACT!, can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

What channel is Slammiversary on :/

What channel is Slammiversary on :/

It was on Extreme Sports (Sky 419, UPC 421)

Awesome Kong tweeted the following on Twitter:

"Kong returns to wrestling on national television soon! Check back for details"

• Advertisement

TNA wants Paul Heyman to be involved in their ECW angle and behind the scenes, assume control of the creative direction of the company. TNA president Dixie Carter has been calling Heyman inquiring, and according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Spike TV has also been involved in the discussions.

If Heyman would agree to terms, Vince Russo would leave the creative department, but remain with the company in a different capacity. Currently, the former ECW boss is working on marketing Brock Lesnar, has two book projects he's working on, and has a creative agency. On a side note, Spike has given the company the green light to be more hardcore.

Advertisement