Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

the "TNA Reaction" show has been removed from the schedule on Spike.com with the show "Jail" now replacing it. A quick look at TNAwrestling.com is displaying zero promotion or advertising for the show as well.

According to a recent report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there were plans at one point for TNA to have a four-hour block of wrestling every Thursday night on Spike TV. The idea was to feature the newly revamped Xpolosion show at 8:00 p.m. ET, Impact from 9:00-11:00 p.m. ET and Reaction at 11:00 p.m. ET. Whether or not that plan is still in play remains to be seen. The company is still pushing the big changes for the Xplosion show which has taken on a new direction of focusing on talent not normally featured every week on Impact, a new broadcasting team of Taz and Jeremy Borash with SoCal Val as ring announcer, new logo and theme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

are TNA making a profit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

On a side note, Spike has given the company the green light to be more hardcore.

If anything they need to pull back on that stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The following is an excerpt from a recent interview with TNA Wrestling star AJ Styles from The Miami Herald:
    It was 2001, and A.J. Styles received what was his biggest opportunity to date working for World Championship Wrestling.
    Unfortunately for the up-and-comer, WCW was in its last days before World Wrestling Entertainment purchased it. More than a year after seeing the end of one company, Styles started with another in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.
    The man billed from Gainesville, Ga. found things happen for a reason. He has won countless championships and remains one of the main faces of TNA, which has evolved into a worldwide entity.
    On top of that, Styles was aligned with the legendary Ric Flair.
    ``As Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff were coming in was around the time they were thinking of putting me with Ric Flair. I was on board,'' Styles said. ``To work with the Nature Boy Ric Flair, it would be stupid not to take that chance.''
    From the robe to the hair, Styles embraced his association with one of the most decorated pro wrestlers in history. Despite more than a decade in the business, the 32-year-old found he could still learn a few things from someone who helped paved the way.
    ``My confidence in cutting promos is far better than it used to be,'' Styles said. ``Getting the opportunity to study from Ric Flair and get his input means the world to me. I've met him before, and he was always a nice guy. He was unbelievably nice.
    ``He is an icon. I thought how he can be so nice and humble. It's who he is. He is a good guy, in spite of the rumors you may have heard.''
    Some longtime fans of Styles aren't on board with his character's latest evolvement. Styles disagrees with those who said he has turned into a Flair wannabe. After all, he is his own man.
    ``I would say when you are being mentored by someone or around friends who talk a certain way or act a certain way, you tend to act like those friends and talk like those friends,'' Styles said. ``It's kind of the same thing. I'm not Ric Flair. Ric Flair and I, our move set is not the same. I may throw in a figure four or a chop. Other than that, I would not say I'm being like Ric Flair.
    ``If they are complaining about that, I would say how can you complain about someone trying to be like Ric Flair? As long as they're entertained, then I'm going to keep doing it. If they are not, I'll find out sooner or later.''

Check out more of the Styles interview online at MiamiHerald.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Styles vs. Joe and the return of The Pope are being advertised for iMPACT! this week.

• Advertisement

Jason Powell of Prowrestling.net is reporting that TNA creative team member Ed Ferrara was not at the TNA Impact TV tapings this week in Orlando and is reportedly done with the company according to multiple sources. Powell noted that no official announcement was made to the talent or members of the TNA staff on Monday or Tuesday, but the word that made the rounds at the tapings was that Ferrara is no longer working for TNA. Ferrara was rehired by TNA in September of 2009 and joined Vince Russo, Matt Conway and Eric Bischoff at creative meetings. Ferrara worked with Vince Russo in the WWF, before bolting to WCW along with Russo in the late 90's. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that TNA has gotten more aggressive in their efforts in bringing in Paul Heyman, who is seeking the ultimate Dana White power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

What TNA dvds are worth and where does one get them? I've only see a handful in the shops and they're a tad pricey of course. Have TNA got a UK/Irisih distributor like Silvervision?

TNA wants Paul Heyman to be involved in their ECW angle and behind the scenes, assume control of the creative direction of the company. TNA president Dixie Carter has been calling Heyman inquiring, and according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Spike TV has also been involved in the discussions.

If Heyman would agree to terms, Vince Russo would leave the creative department, but remain with the company in a different capacity. Currently, the former ECW boss is working on marketing Brock Lesnar, has two book projects he's working on, and has a creative agency. On a side note, Spike has given the company the green light to be more hardcore.

Really? :confused:
    I didn't know he was involved with MMA/UFC....

What TNA dvds are worth and where does one get them? I've only see a handful in the shops and they're a tad pricey of course. Have TNA got a UK/Irisih distributor like Silvervision?

I haven't seen any TNA DVD's in Ireland but their definetly sold in the UK in HMV for around £15. I don't think they have a distributor for the UK/Ireland as TNA Home Video just ship them out afaik.

TNA don't have an official online distributor here but http://www.amerchandise.co.uk/store/, http://www.axelmusic.com/ and http://www.play.com/ all have a pretty good range at reasonable enough prices. As for recommending DVD's The Best of AJ Styles Vol.2, The Best of the Bloodiest Brawls Vol.1, The Best of Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle: Champion are all DVD's worth checking out.

• Advertisement

Cheers guys. Shame they've no distributor :(

Is Christian's DVD worth a look?

Is Christian's DVD worth a look?

It's good enough but not exactly must see. From Dixie's Twitter:
    Just signed Magnus & Douglas Williams to long term contracts. Both very talented. Don't forget to watch iMPACT! tonight in the UK on Bravo.

what ever happened to that announcement that will change everything??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Headshot wrote: »
    It is suppose to gradually build up and sneak up on us hitting us in the back of the head...

Headshot wrote: »

Can't find a source but..

The “big surprise” for TNA’s Slammiversary that Dixie Carter teased on Twitter last month was, as far as TNA was hoping, going to be Paul Heyman but a deal couldn’t be reached. Tommy Dreamer was then assumed to be the surprise after he debuted.

TNA is really hoping Heyman will appear at Victory Road. TNA officials expect Heyman to come to their company but the bottom line is he has not agreed to yet. TNA wants him, expects him to come in and are willing to give him almost anything he wants.

It’s said that TNA’s condition internally has gotten much worst over the past few weeks. The feeling is that they need a savior and nobody can think of anyone else but Heyman

-- For awhile now, we have been reporting that TNA has been considering some type of ECW "Invasion" type angle involving Tommy Dreamer, Raven, Stevie Richards, and possibly other former ECW names. The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the idea is still very much being talked about in TNA, but creative doesn't know yet how they want to structure the angle..

Several ideas are being discussed, with one idea actually seeing an ECW-like show debut separately on SpikeTV. It's being said that it would be in TNA's interest to run more original programming on Spike as they can then charge the network more money to produce the shows and possibly increase income.

The ECW discussion are said to be coming at a time when TNA officials are growing weary of Hulk Hogan's influence on the company as many feel he has not contributed much, and Eric Bischoff is only serving as a sold on-air character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

/\/\
    If TNA's senior management are dim enough to flag a 'big, company-changing surprise' without having said surprise's signature on anything, the issues with that company go far beyond Hogan and chums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Could they even call it an ECW invasion. I imagine Vince ownes all use of them letters in a wrestling sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Dancor wrote: »
    Could they even call it an ECW invasion. I imagine Vince ownes all use of them letters in a wrestling sense.

Vince would sue them within minutes if TNA use ECW as he owns the intellectual property, id say they'd call it TNA Extreme or something like that..

Long interview with Paul Heyman from UFC 116. About half way through he talks about TNA:

To me, Heyman senses how desperate TNA is and is chancing his arm by asking for a percentage in the company.

do Tna desperately need Heyman, could he turn TNA around?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Logically Heyman could turn TNA around, i'd imagine he'd take elements of whats popular about UFC and mould that into TNA..

To me, Heyman senses how desperate TNA is and is chancing his arm by asking for a percentage in the company.

If TNA really think that he can turn things around then it would be win/win for everybody - but the question is can he turn it around?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If Heyman cant turn TNA around then no one can

If TNA really think that he can turn things around then it would be win/win for everybody - but the question is can he turn it around?

As persuasive and as captivating as Heyman is, I'd be very careful if it was my money.

At the same time though, if they are that desperate maybe you just have to go with Heyman and completely buy everything he says.

As persuasive and as captivating as Heyman is, I'd be very careful if it was my money.

At the same time though, if they are that desperate maybe you just have to go with Heyman and completely buy everything he says.

They may be in a position where they don't think they have many options. I'd bank on Heyman doing no worse than the current regime were he given control - so it's not like they'd be that much worse off were they to give him what he wants and then he fails. But if they give him what he wants and he succeeds then everybody wins. Heyman, TNA, Panda, Spike and the wrestlers all win.

They may be in a position where they don't think they have many options. I'd bank on Heyman doing no worse than the current regime were he given control - so it's not like they'd be that much worse off were they to give him what he wants and then he fails. But if they give him what he wants and he succeeds then everybody wins. Heyman, TNA, Panda, Spike and the wrestlers all win.

Nothing could be worse than what they have now, your right.

I like Paul Heyman. Always have. He's the kinda guy you'd love to work for because he has such confidence, intelligence, bravado and self belief.

At the same time, if I was Dixie Carter I wouldn't trust him 100%.

I like Paul Heyman. Always have. He's the kinda guy you'd love to work for because he has such confidence, intelligence, bravado and self belief.

At the same time, if I was Dixie Carter I wouldn't trust him 100%.

Most definitely, Heyman is only out for himself. But as he said, if he owns a % of the company he'd have a large incentive to do everything in his power to succeed. Do TNA really have much to lose? If Heyman fails he just ends up stuck with 10% of a failure and as I said, if he succeeds everybody succeeds. I'd let him give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

definatley need to give him a go, on screen personality, official with power, booking commitee and creative commitee....but dont let him near the cheque book! financial matters are not his fortay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

There are a lot of problems in TNA that stem beyond purely creative. It's the whole philosophy of the company, the pace and focus of the company, the build. It's all wrong. It's gotten better since Ferrara came in (which was about the time AJ won the title) but overall it's a big mess. The company needs to be running efficiently for a change in creative to actually turn the company around.

The idea that Hogan and Abyss will draw any sort of % of the actual buys at B4G -- relative to the amount of time you know they'll get hyping it -- it's just an example of philosophy gone wrong. Giving the young guys a belt doesn't mean you're pushing them. You gotta build and promote long, interesting storylines showcasing their journey. Or else the big win is for naught.

That said, please TNA, give Heyman complete creative control. He can only do better than everyone has done before him.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    There are a lot of problems in TNA that stem beyond purely creative. It's the whole philosophy of the company, the pace and focus of the company, the build. It's all wrong. It's gotten better since Ferrara came in (which was about the time AJ won the title) but overall it's a big mess. The company needs to be running efficiently for a change in creative to actually turn the company around.

The idea that Hogan and Abyss will draw any sort of % of the actual buys at B4G -- relative to the amount of time you know they'll get hyping it -- it's just an example of philosophy gone wrong. Giving the young guys a belt doesn't mean you're pushing them. You gotta build and promote long, interesting storylines showcasing their journey. Or else the big win is for naught.

That said, please TNA, give Heyman complete creative control. He can only do better than everyone has done before him.

Everything you listed there is a creative problem. The only other major problem as a company is a complete inability to advertise, promote, market or hype anything.

Advertisement