Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

From Jerry Lynn's official website: http://jerryfnlynn.com/schedule.html
    Sun - Aug 8th - TNA Hard Justice PPV - Orlando, FL - vs RVD!

Preview for tonight's iMPACT!:
    - Don't miss this week's huge "iMPACT!" as TNA President Dixie Carter explains her extreme invitation! Why did she bring hardcore superstars Tommy Dreamer, Raven, Rhino and Stevie Richards to last week's broadcast? What will happen when they return this Thursday night?
    impactprev1.jpg

- The #2 Contender to the World Title, "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy battles the #4 Contender, Samoa Joe
    impactprev2.jpg

- Plus, #8 Contender Kurt Angle will battle the #7 Contender Hernandez in one-on-one action
    impactprev3.jpg

- The "Best Of 5 Series" continues this Thursday between TNA World Tag Team Champions The Motor City Machineguns and former champs, Beer Money
    impactprev4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

flahavaj wrote: »
    An ECW-themed PPV is gonna suck monkey balls. It was great when WWE did it 4-5 years ago, it was mediocre when Hardcore Homecoming was done a while later. This comes across as unbelieveably lame and pointless to me, especially when they can't use the name and anyone physically capable of having a good match is unavailable or works for Vince. Not sure how aping a defunct company that has already has its legacy altered by WWE helps TNA promote its own brand?

F*cking eejits.:pac:

Hardcore Homecoming was two nights before the first One Night Stand.

If 3D are on the card then they'll do what they always do, Jerry Lynn can still go, Rhino is younger than Abyss and RVD is hardly a cripple. Only two of the first One Night Stand crew are currently with the WWE.

TNA will also have the name value of Raven, Foley and Dreamer for Hard Justice with Stevie Richards and Al Snow on the books as well.

There's a fair chance Sabu and Fonzie will make an appearance and I wouldn't completely rule out Sandman either. Other ex ECW guys like Credible and New Jack have worked for TNA before (although I can't see this incarnation of TNA having much time for New Jack and knifey).

I wouldn't be against allowing Terry Funk take a bow for his contribution to wrestling over 50 odd years and I'd like to see a ten-bell salute for all the ECW guys who've died since the first HH/ONS.

I'm not expecting a whole lot from this PPV in terms of wrestling but this is probably the best chance yet to have a proper unified send off for ECW. I don't think many people would count the abortion that was WWECW as being a suitable final chapter.

Impact Preview:
    - The legendary "Nature Boy" Ric Flair will complete his new "Fortune" alliance, currently consisting of Global Champion "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles and Kazarian! Who will Flair select to join the prestigious group? Tune in and find out!

- More Hardcore Originals are set to come to TNA Wrestling, including a major update on the upcoming August 8 "HardCORE Justice" Pay-Per-View event! What will Tommy Dreamer and the rest of the Hardcore Originals announce this Thursday? Don't miss it!

- Plus, TNA World Tag Team Champions The Motor City Machineguns and Beer Money continue their Best Of Five Series...this time in a Steel Cage Match! With Beer Money up 2-0, can the Machineguns find a way to turn the series around and retain the gold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The Guns vs Beer Money has been great despite being bogged down by typical TNA Ref Bumps & Beer Money having to cheat to beat them.They should book it like they're equals.Glad that Ink inc & The Outsiders are not stinking up the Tag Division.They should re-unite L.A.X & add Generation Me/The Young Bucks into the mix when the Best of 5 Series concludes.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    The Guns vs Beer Money has been great despite being bogged down by typical TNA Ref Bumps & Beer Money having to cheat to beat them.They should book it like they're equals.Glad that Ink inc & The Outsiders are not stinking up the Tag Division.They should re-unite L.A.X & add Generation Me/The Young Bucks into the mix when the Best of 5 Series concludes.

I'd actually like to see an Ink Inc./Guns match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,335 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The following former WWE talents, who were released on or before April 22, 2010, are now free to work for other wrestling promotions as their 90 day no-compete clauses have expired:

Mickie James
    Shelton Benjamin
    Mike Knox
    Katie Lea Burchill
    Jimmy Wang Yang
    Funaki
    Slam Master J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,151 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Can't see TNA hiring any of them bar Shelton and Mickie. Not to say Knox isn't good, but can TNA afford to take him on too? They're trying to cut down on people aren't they? But Shelton and Mickie, with the right motivation, could be great and fit in well

Can't see TNA hiring any of them bar Shelton and Mickie. Not to say Knox isn't good, but can TNA afford to take him on too? They're trying to cut down on people aren't they? But Shelton and Mickie, with the right motivation, could be great and fit in well

WGTT vs. The Guns would be awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I think WGTT would be expensive for the talent they are. Don't get me wrong, they're real solid wrestlers, they just wouldn't sell one more ticket than if they weren't there. I bet Shelton's expensive, I'm sure being a long-term WWE guy he was making at least 500,000/year.

Yes, WGTT vs MMG would be amazing though!

James would really help a really hurting KO division, and Katie Lea i can't imagine would be that expensive.

• Advertisement

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10013178.shtml
    -Former Ring of Honor Champion Xavier is backstage at the TNA Impact tapings, and is scheduled for a tryout match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I think WGTT would be expensive for the talent they are. Don't get me wrong, they're real solid wrestlers, they just wouldn't sell one more ticket than if they weren't there. I bet Shelton's expensive, I'm sure being a long-term WWE guy he was making at least 500,000/year.

Yes, WGTT vs MMG would be amazing though!

James would really help a really hurting KO division, and Katie Lea i can't imagine would be that expensive.

i was thinkinking the same thing that wgtt might be expensive although i read something that shelton was doing very well in investment areas so maybe money wont matter to him if that was true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

--Jason Powell at prowrestling.net is reorting Spike and TNA have agreed to do a three-hour live PPV-like TV special next month. TNA and Spike have been negotiating the idea of doing specials and which would result in TNA cutting down on the number of actual PPVs they do, for a long time.

--Regarding the legalities of TNA doing the ECW tribute PPV show on 8/8, we were told that they edited "ECW" chants off the commercial, which did have them in the original form. Either they didn't do that, or some commercials got out, because on The Fight Network in Canada, the commercials have already been airing that have "ECW" chants on them.

--Jason Powell at prowrestling.net is reorting Spike and TNA have agreed to do a three-hour live PPV-like TV special next month. TNA and Spike have been negotiating the idea of doing specials and which would result in TNA cutting down on the number of actual PPVs they do, for a long time.

This is apparently going to be taped the Monday after Hard Justice. I see it being what Hard Justice was going to be pre-ECW. The Guns/Beer Money, RVD/Abyss and Angle/Lethal or Styles would be my guesses for it.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2076-uk-fans-important-info-on-impact
    For this week only, TNA "iMPACT!" will air on Sunday on Bravo2 at 2100. The broadcast will return to its original Saturday timeslot next week on Bravo at 2100.

That's strange. According to my Sky planner, it's showing that iMPACT! is on Bravo at 11:confused::confused:

Anyway, it's delayed because Bravo are showing darts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

ProWrestling.net

TNA Wrestling is now calling the Global Championship the TV Championship. The belt is currently held by AJ Styles.

ProWrestling.net

TNA Wrestling is now calling the Global Championship the TV Championship. The belt is currently held by AJ Styles.

God almighty. How hard is it to be original these days??? Wcw, Ecw and now TNA

God almighty. How hard is it to be original these days??? Wcw, Ecw and now TNA

I always thought the Global Title was a cool name,but the TV Title name never made much sence to me tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

My god they're showing darts instead of my wrestling programme... way to ruin my weekend Bravo.
    I'm gonna give up on wrestling now.

• Advertisement

That's strange. According to my Sky planner, it's showing that iMPACT! is on Bravo at 11:confused::confused:

Anyway, it's delayed because Bravo are showing darts

They updated it:
    FANS IN THE UK: Another update on this week's "iMPACT!" - for this week only, it will air on Bravo on Saturday at 11pm AND Sunday on Bravo2 at 9pm. The broadcast will return to its original Saturday timeslot next week.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that Paul Heyman had a conference call this past week with Spike TV. Spike is under pressure to improve the ratings. Believe it or not, Spike has fallen out of the top 25 on cable and the overall rating has hovered between 0.5 and 0.6, way down from a couple of years back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that Paul Heyman had a conference call this past week with Spike TV. Spike is under pressure to improve the ratings. Believe it or not, Spike has fallen out of the top 25 on cable and the overall rating has hovered between 0.5 and 0.6, way down from a couple of years back

Wow; iMPACT's 1.0 isn't looking so shabby now! :pac:

Apparently there have been several rumors that Hulk Hogan DIED today. These are not true, and Dixie Carter just posted the following on her Twitter… HULK HOGAN IS ALIVE AND WELL. He did not drown. Not sure how these rumors get started. Awful. Of course we never posted this here on this website and I've been unable to find any media that has picked it up so who knows.

:pac::pac:

825c939ed3e8f5731bfe6f5becd14d5e_XL.jpg
    SPIKE TV TO TELECAST SPECIAL ‘TNA IMPACT!’ EVENT AUGUST 12 FEATURING ROB VAN DAM VS. ABYSS FOR THE TNA WORLD TITLE

NETWORK TO TELEVISE TNA’S WRESTLING’S ACTION-PACKED FIGHT CARD ORIGINALLY SLATED FOR PAY-PER-VIEW

Spike TV will telecast a special Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling “iMPACT!” event on Thursday, August 12 at 9:00pm ET/PT featuring the biggest names in TNA, including TNA World Heavyweight Champion Rob Van Dam, Abyss, Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, “The Charismatic Enigma” Jeff Hardy and many more.

The special “TNA Thursday Night iMPACT!” features a lineup of matches originally slated for the “Hard Justice” pay-per-view event on August 8. The card was moved to Spike TV after TNA President Dixie Carter and “The Extreme Original” Tommy Dreamer announced a one-night-only “HardCORE Justice” pay-per-view event to celebrate the superstars who created hardcore wrestling.

“The change to ‘HardCORE Justice’ provided TNA with the opportunity to take the original August pay-per-view card and move it to Spike TV. This will allow TNA fans a pay-per-view type experience on “TNA iMPACT!”. If you’ve never seen a TNA pay-per-view event before, this is your chance to see what you’ve been missing,” TNA President Dixie Carter said.

The special August 12 edition of “TNA iMPACT” will be two hours of nonstop wrestling, featuring only matches originally slated for pay-per-view. Pop culture icon and TNA Wrestling superstar Hulk Hogan will oversee the special “iMPACT!,” which includes two world title matches as well as a possible fifth and final installment of a best-of-five-match series between the top tag-teams in wrestling, Beer Money and Motor City Machine Guns.

Matches showcased on August 12 include:

“THE WHOLE F’N SHOW” ROB VAN DAM vs. ABYSS (TNA WORLD TITLE MATCH)

OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST KURT ANGLE vs. “THE PHENOMENAL” AJ STYLES

ANGELINA LOVE vs. MADISON RAYNE (TNA KNOCKOUTS TITLE MATCH)

“THE CHARISMATIC ENGIMA” JEFF HARDY’S OPEN CHALLENGE

“THE POPE” D’ANGELO DINERO vs. “THE BLUEPRINT” MATT MORGAN vs. MR. ANDERSON

BEER MONEY vs. MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS (IF NEEDED, TNA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES MATCH)

-OR-

INK INC. vs. GENERATION ME (#1 CONETENDER’S MATCH FOR TNA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES)

That's a loaded iMPACT!.

Thursdays TNA Impact scored a 1.22 rating with 1.65 million viewers, which was the highest rating since the February 18 Impact.

That's up 200,000 people from last week.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well TNA have been putting on a good product as of late so lets hope it keeps going. Watched the MCMG vs Beer Money last night and was insane would love if they had the last match as the ME on a episode of Impact to see what the ratings would be like

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭danny29

They deserved that rating rise. Last couple of weeks impact have been really entertaining especially the Machine Guns match series against Beer Money. The cage match was unreal and they delivered it. I think TNA should not worried about ratings..they should focus on delivering good consistent wrestling every week. That's what matters the most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

That's up 200,000 people from last week.

Hulkster return = ratings.

• Advertisement

Hulkster return = ratings.

Shh, don't say that or he'll put himself on TV even more.;)

Advertisement