Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

No Surrender Poster and Preview: http://www.indemand.com/product/view/196041
    196041_lg.jpg?10072710184928
    For the first time ever on Pay-per-View, it's Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy. Only one will survive. TNA Wrestling presents No Surrender Live! Sunday September 5th only on Pay-per-View. * Actual card subject to change.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hardy Vs Angle could be a good match

http://twitter.com/TNADixie
    2 Cold Scorpio is confirmed for the HardCORE Justice PPV this Sunday. More names to come this week...as well as many surprises for the show.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2087-tna-reaction-august-12-on-spike
    Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling President Dixie Carter and TNA Managing Partner Hulk Hogan today announced the series premiere of “TNA ReACTION,” that will air on Thursday nights beginning August 12 at 11:00 pm (ET/PT) on Spike TV.

“TNA ReACTION” will immediately follow TNA’s flagship program “TNA iMPACT!,” which airs from 9-11PM (ET/PT) every Thursday to create a three-hour bloc, “TNA Thursdays,” on Spike TV.

“TNA ReACTION” is a one hour docu-style series that will bring the characters, story, and drama of TNA Wrestling’s long running action format “iMPACT!” to life in an entirely new and unique way.

Created and executive produced by Bischoff Hervey Entertainment Television (BHE TV) as part of their partnership with TNA Entertainment announced last fall, TNA ReACTION combines production values and format elements that are truly groundbreaking to the professional wrestling/sports entertainment genre, which has been a leader in cable television for decades.

“My partner Jason Hervey and I have been working with some cutting-edge cameras including the new Canon 7D D-SLR that shoots amazing video in a couple of our reality projects”, said Eric Bischoff of BHE TV”.

“We experimented with integrating some of these elements into both ‘iMPACT’ and ‘ReACTION.’ TNA’s director of video production Kevin Sullivan worked closely with us to make this work, and the results are very cool,” said Bischoff.

“We are extremely excited that Eric and Jason have been able to bring their experience in reality and docu-drama formats to TNA in a way that would give our shows a different feel. We are very happy with the results”, TNA President, Dixie Carter.

TNA’s in-house production team partnered with BHE TV to integrate the new production technique into “iMPACT!” and “ReACTION.”

“We have definitely hit the refresh button with some of these changes and I think fans will appreciate the pacing, look, and depth they are going to see on ‘iMPACT!’ and on ‘ReACTION,’” said TNA director of video production Kevin Sullivan.

What's this, the third time they've announced a date for the debut of ReAction? Looks like they might finally get to debut it this time.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I think he can't 'swim' on his own gimmick or on the mic (when not impersonating someone else -- which is gold by the way!) so when his face run falls on it's face

I thought his non-impersonation promos leading up to the Flair match were great - made me think he can succeed plus the crowd are still responding to him very positively and his style is conducive to being a face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I thought his non-impersonation promos leading up to the Flair match were great - made me think he can succeed plus the crowd are still responding to him very positively and his style is conducive to being a face

Agreed that that promo was great, but he can't cut 'that' promo every week (lest he turns into Tommy Dreamer) so I'm doubtful him as face without an established character can have staying power.

It's like if you asked me to write a Jericho promo; i'd come back to you in an hour with 2 pages. If you asked me to write a Lethal promo, I'd come back to you in 4 hours with two lines!

I think the way forward is for him to channel a lesser-known talker and use him as the basis for his own character.

• Advertisement

Agreed that that promo was great, but he can't cut 'that' promo every week (lest he turns into Tommy Dreamer) so I'm doubtful him as face without an established character can have staying power.

It's like if you asked me to write a Jericho promo; i'd come back to you in an hour with 2 pages. If you asked me to write a Lethal promo, I'd come back to you in 4 hours with two lines!

I think the way forward is for him to channel a lesser-known talker and use him as the basis for his own character.

Lethal's lack of advancement in the last three years is mainly due to him being little more than a parody act. Not due to a lack of charisma and personality. He has an energy which is second to very few and all he needs to do is channel that into his own character rather than continuing to mirror somebody else.

Lethal's lack of advancement in the last three years is mainly due to him being little more than a parody act. Not due to a lack of charisma and personality. He has an energy which is second to very few and all he needs to do is channel that into his own character rather than continuing to mirror somebody else.

I think he has charisma but no personality, that his incredibly generic theme compliments his personality perfectly :pac: Who's Jay Lethal the person, what character traits does he have? I don't know, Lethal's never (been let?) put it out there. But he has the potential to do great things, as we've seen on the mic in the last few months. I hope for his, TNA's and our sake that you're right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I'm thinking of locking this one as it seems busy enough that the topics can warrant their own threads. The other news thread can pick up the slack.

Thoughts?

i was under the impression that most boards PW guys don't watch TNA so i'm fine getting all the TNA news in one thread. it's debatable discerning what news is 'thread worthy', ya know?

See what I do want happening is that this thread just becomes catch all like this one. I locked that and opened the "no chat" thread, and it built up more threads as a result. I think its worth a try, but will wait for some feedback before doing anyhting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

gimmick wrote: »
    See what I do want happening is that this thread just becomes catch all like this one. I locked that and opened the "no chat" thread, and it built up more threads as a result. I think its worth a try, but will wait for some feedback before doing anyhting.

Well, I like the idea of all TNA news in a specific thread like this but if it gets more people into discussions by posting on different TNA topics, I'm all for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

gimmick wrote: »
    I'm thinking of locking this one as it seems busy enough that the topics can warrant their own threads. The other news thread can pick up the slack.

Thoughts?

i thought you are no longer a mod on here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

cena wrote: »
    i thought you are no longer a mod on here?

Twas all an Aprils fool joke (which I got caught out on :o )

Right, going by the Samoa Joe thread, which was originally posted in here, I am closing this thread. For tidbits etc, put them to the news thread, if you see something worthy of a thread, start it.

Preview for what's a pretty loaded iMPACT! next week:
    - It will be the Finals of the TNA Knockouts Tag Team Title Tournament to crown new champions, as The Beautiful People face Knockouts Champion Madison Rayne and Tara
    holiday2.jpg

- TNA World Tag Team Champions The Motor City Machine Guns will defend the gold in an eight-man bout! It will be Team Guns vs. Team Money - The Guns and Matt Morgan and Rob Van Dam vs. Beer Money, TNA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Hardy and Abyss!
    holiday1.jpg

-- TNA Television Champion Douglas Williams will defend the gold against former titleholder against AJ Styles in an Ironman Match!
    holiday4.jpg

-- Plus, it will be Kazarian vs. Robbie E. Max Buck vs. Jeremy Buck to determine the new #1 contender to new TNA X Division Champion Jay Lethal!
    holiday3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Preview for what's a pretty loaded iMPACT! next week:

The last match should be good match from a neutral point of view, but what logic is there having a 4-way-match where all four guys are heels? Who are the crowd supposed to get behind?

Charisteas wrote: »
    The last match should be good match from a neutral point of view, but what logic is there having a 4-way-match where all four guys are heels? Who are the crowd supposed to get behind?

It probably won't be longer than five minutes and they'll do a bunch of spots to pop the crowd so it won't really matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

pwinsider.com
    TNA President Dixie Carter announced on her twitter account that former TNA champion Samoa Joe has signed a new deal. The word making the rounds is that it was a 2-3 year deal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

good news for TNA if they use him right.

Anyone think we need a TNA superthread? I remember people saying that they had been looking for a general TNA thread to post opinions etc. If there was one correct me but If not I might turn this into one if people consider it a good idea.

#thread succesfully hijacked

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

good news for TNA if they use him right.

Anyone think we need a TNA superthread? I remember people saying that they had been looking for a general TNA thread to post opinions etc. If there was one correct me but If not I might turn this into one if people consider it a good idea.

#thread succesfully hijacked

There was a superthread, I think Gimmick put it on Ice a while back.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055801634&highlight=news

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Im going to give this one another chance but heed Gimmicks words as if this gets busy enough that we think the topics in it warrant their own threads (think TNA fell back since then) then this will be closed again. Just think for now this could be handy for discussing the news posted in the news thread which arent really deserving of a Superthread.

Ugh i'm tired banging my drum about Joe. The fat slob has given up, become numb and will just pick up paychecks until he has run through the entire menu at a local buffet.

What about a weekly (or monthly would b better) TNA thread where we talk about all things TNA. Post all news stories and reactions there too.

Ugh i'm tired banging my drum about Joe. The fat slob has given up, become numb and will just pick up paychecks until he has run through the entire menu at a local buffet.

Can you really blame him though? Of all the people and things that TNA have messed up over the years Samoa Joe is at the very top of that list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The near criminal waste of Samoa Joe sums up TNA. They should have built the promotion around Joe, instead they have ruined all the mystique he had. His original unbeaten run was excellently booked, but once he got in with the sharks in the main event like Jarrett and anybody who has ever farted in the direction of the WWE/WCW he was crippled. I'd really hoped he was going to go to Japan for a period to reboot. Samoa Joe should not be at the mercy of Vince Russo's moronic booking.

Also it is a sad indictment of the WWE that he went to TNA at all. Somebody like Joe should be put on TV straight away by Vince. But if ever went there he would be sent to FCW to "learn how to work".

Ah I don't blame Joe at all, he is TNA's biggest damning failure. He was the hottest non-WWE talent in 2005, and just look at him now. There was an excellent article in PowerSlam chronicling TNA's bewildering booking decisions regarding the Samoan Subway Machine. He's been turned and turned on by so many people, character-wise he just might be the stupidest wrestler alive.

For the record, the start of the end was when Kurt Angle debuted. Before Angle joined, Joe had beaten Jarrett in a non-title match and was about to capture the world title w/ an unbeaten streak, Goldberg style. Then Angle came in and Joe side-tracked into a feud, ending his streak, and losing the feud.

Although that Lockdown match was TNA's most-bought PPV (60,000 buys i think); Joe was never the same afterwards, starting his own stupid-booking-decision streak. By the time TNA got around to giving him the title, 10 mentors later, all of his momentum was dead and buried...and Hogoff don't have any plans for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

YAY!

I cant wait to see him have unsuccessful heel turns for another 3 years. :rolleyes:

Pretty decent line up

Very solid lineup. Shame it'll be lost in the quagmire of shaky backstage vignettes. Can TNA promote a match that isn't a bloody gimmick match?

......what's that? You're adding X-Division Tag titles? :P

• Advertisement

-- As noted earlier, this week's edition of TNA iMPACT! did a 1.12 (1.1) cable rating, with 1,560,000 viewers.

-- This week's edition of TNA ReAction did a 0.34 (0.3) cable rating, with 343,000 viewers. The show was bumped by a show called Phowned. That show did a 0.57 (0.6) rating.

-- In comparison, this week's edition of WWE Superstars did a 0.6 rating, with 734,000 viewers. The WWE Superstars replay did a 0.17 (0.2) rating, with 147,000 viewers

Advertisement