Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

anyone know what UK channel will show Impact after Bravo goes off air at the end of the year?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Matt Aponte sent this one along:

Bubba the Love Sponge is telling people via his official Twitter that he has been canceled by Sirius Satellite Radio. He is asking his listeners to cancel their subscriptions.

Source: Pwinsider

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Matt Aponte sent this one along:

Bubba the Love Sponge is telling people via his official Twitter that he has been canceled by Sirius Satellite Radio. He is asking his listeners to cancel their subscriptions.

Source: Pwinsider

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Although he'll probably land on some other station, I couldn't be happier. Let's celebrate with Foley punching him in the face:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Although he'll probably land on some other station, I couldn't be happier. Let's celebrate with Foley punching him in the face:

I could watch that over and over again

• Advertisement

TNA ReACTION has been officially canceled by SpikeTV.

The final episode of the program will be a "Best Of" show, and airs this Thursday following iMPACT!.

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/295520115.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

anyone know what UK channel will show Impact after Bravo goes off air at the end of the year?

Hopefully not Setanta anyways. I know sky are creating new channels like sky atlantic etc but surely sky sports is the place for it.

Anywhere but setanta

Hopefully not Setanta anyways. I know sky are creating new channels like sky atlantic etc but surely sky sports is the place for it.

Anywhere but setanta

Yea but sky sports has wwe and i dont think vince woud like it to much

Former TNA Knockouts and Knockouts Tag team Champion Taylor Wilde has announced that she has "quit" TNA. Wilde has not been used for some time by the promotion. It was reported that her contract with the organization had expired.

Let's just say that her "quitting" is not what we've been told by reliable sources within TNA. Believe what you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Former TNA Knockouts and Knockouts Tag team Champion Taylor Wilde has announced that she has "quit" TNA. Wilde has not been used for some time by the promotion. It was reported that her contract with the organization had expired.

Let's just say that her "quitting" is not what we've been told by reliable sources within TNA. Believe what you will.

maybe something to do with her not looking like a knockout anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Taylor Wilde has announced that she has "quit" TNA.

I guess her "Scrappy Doo" gimmick didn't fly. And she didn't look Trampy enough! Hated her gimmick but was decent in the ring.
    Yea but sky sports has wwe and i dont think vince woud like it to much

Yeah it won't be Sky Sports but you'd have to think Vince would put the squeeze on Sky to not have TNA on any Sky channel....hurting TNA more than a talent-signing ever would. Xtreme Sports Channel for the moment, but TNA need to get on a decent channel. Sky 1 would be fantastic but I can't see it. Maybe Dave, or Living?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I guess her "Scrappy Doo" gimmick didn't fly. And she didn't look Trampy enough! Hated her gimmick but was decent in the ring.

Yeah it won't be Sky Sports but you'd have to think Vince would put the squeeze on Sky to not have TNA on any Sky channel....hurting TNA more than a talent-signing ever would. Xtreme Sports Channel for the moment, but TNA need to get on a decent channel. Sky 1 would be fantastic but I can't see it. Maybe Dave, or Living?

Yeah forgot about the whole WWE exclusivity. It won't be Dave or Watch as those are BBC channels. It'll probably live on Xtreme Sports as you mentioned. Channel One is the only "mainstream" channel I can think of but thats a Virgin channel and I don't think they'd take it so either obscure sports channel or obscure entertainment channel (a la DMAX etc)

EDIT: Seems as if Channel One is going too.

Yea pity about Wilde she was a great wrestler but never really got over with the crowd . What about putting TNA on Challenge?

Just saw this...

Message To UK Fans From Dixie Carter
    Message to UK Fans from TNA President Dixie Carter -

We are diligently working on a positive outcome for the broadcast of "iMPACT" in the UK. While we appreciate the tens of thousands of emails, Facebook messages and tweets you have sent us, your comments should be made directly to Sky.

Phone - 0844 241 0265

Email - ViewerR@bskyb.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Facebook - www.facebook.com/sky

Twitter - www.twitter.com/skyhd

As well as this from Sky's facebook;

Sky; TNA will be broadcast on a different Sky channel when Bravo closes, we are trying to find out which channel this will be and will let you all know as soon as we find out :)

AN UPDATE ON TNA WRESTLING "iMPACT!" IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

From Sky: "TNA will be broadcast on a different Sky channel when Bravo closes, we are trying to find out which channel this will be and will let you all know as soon as we find out"

From Dixie Carter: "Thanks to all of our fans in the United Kingdom for your support! Your voices... truly made a difference today!"

Read more at http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/

Dixie, the onus is ****ing on you to sort out a TV deal with Sky, not the other way around! Pull the finger out of Hogan's *** and get busy!

Leaving your 2nd biggest market in the dark a WEEK before the change is horrible business. But I guess it's par for the course.

If she wasn't a daughter to a billionaire she'd be out on her arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

A billionaires daughter you say...

viewstory.php?action%3Dprintable%26textsize%3D0%26sid%3D22251%26chapter%3Dall&t=1&usg=AFrqEzdMqhcqj0ywjKHDgjqmlSI81IznQg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

They wont beable to move it to sky sports so will it go to a new channel altogether or an existing one ?

And any chance of live coverage ?

It'll definitely be on TV in UK but we'll find out when TNA do.

Dixie, the onus is ****ing on you to sort out a TV deal with Sky, not the other way around! Pull the finger out of Hogan's *** and get busy!

Leaving your 2nd biggest market in the dark a WEEK before the change is horrible business. But I guess it's par for the course.

If she wasn't a daughter to a billionaire she'd be out on her arse.

Emmm, TNA doesn't really have a lot of bargaining power, so implying its Dixies job to get her finger out of the Immortal backside is misguided.

TNA have no other network to go to, its not like in America where they can negotiate back and forth with all the different networks. With Virgin/Living Group now bought by Sky, that leaves Sky, BBC, ITV, C4, Setanta, ESPN and all the minority channels.

No terrestrial network will want TNA, Setanta already have it but have very little market penetration, and ESPN probably aren't arsed with it so effectively TNA are at the mercy of Sky.

EDIT: And considering Sky bought Living Group (ie Bravo etc), they retain the rights to the channels so Sky can do whatever they like with TNA as they own the rights to it, so Dixie can do nothing but plead for a good spot, and the best thing to do is have fans bombard Sky with requests.

• Advertisement

TV3/Sky 3. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I read on the Television thread that Sky are launcing a American channel called Sky Atlantic or that in Jan/Feb.I'm just speculating but maybe that might be home of Tna impact (& hopefully their ppv's) in the future. Tna gets decent enough ratings so Sky will probably keep it.

GTR63 wrote: »
    I read on the Television thread that Sky are launcing a American channel called Sky Atlantic or that in Jan/Feb.I'm just speculating but maybe that might be home of Tna impact (& hopefully their ppv's) in the future. Tna gets decent enough ratings so Sky will probably keep it.

That would be very possible considering all the American shows bravo do at the moment.

GTR63 wrote: »

Well Sky are launching Sky Living and Sky Atlantic to take the place of Sky 2 and Sky 3. Sky Atlantic is mainly being used for the HBO catalogue which Sky purchased recently, so that channel will most likely be HBO heavy so whilst it would make sense to put TNA on Sky Atlantic, I think Atlantic is meant to be more of 'high-brow channel' for TV drama. Sky paid 150 million for the HBO catalogue so expect them to use every bit of it.

Some of the shows included are;
    Angels in America
    Bored to Death
    Big Love
    Boardwalk Empire
    Bored to Death
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Eastbound & Down
    Empire Falls
    Enlightened
    Entourage
    ER
    Flight of the Conchords
    Funny or Die
    Game of Thrones
    Generation Kill
    How To Make It In America
    Hung
    In Treatment
    Inside the Actors Studio
    Luck
    Mad Men
    Mildred Pierce
    Seinfeld
    Six Feet Under
    Tell Me You Love Me
    The Mind of the Married Man
    The Pacific
    The Sopranos
    The Wire
    The X-Files
    Thirtysomething
    Treme
    Weeds

And then Sky Living is effectively taking over all of Livings programming.

And then whats left after all that, you can expect Sky to put some of the Bravo and leftover Sky 2/3 stuff somewhere in what space is left.

I hope you're right though and it gets a decent slot. I'd love it on Sky Atlantic, but I can't see it happening (id love to be proved wrong :) )Nothing worse than a wrestling show being relegated to some half arsed channel who don't know how to air it in time or show it at a decent hour or be reliable in actually showing it.

Given the history of TNA's business practises (eg Angelina Love working in TNA under WWE's work visa) and TNA having not updated us that they're doing anything to get their show onto a new channel --despite the change happening next bloody week!-- it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt!

I find it hard to believe a tweet here or there concerning Sky officials wouldn't have averted this outcry from fans. From my PoV it feels like she/TNA have been doing nothing to sort out this mess.

Wow that Sky Atlantic is far too classy for TNA lol. Wonder why they didn't call it Sky US instead...

I find it hard to believe a tweet here or there concerning Sky officials wouldn't have averted this outcry from fans. From my PoV it feels like she/TNA have been doing nothing to sort out this mess.

I think this is more of an issue with Sky rather than TNA - TNA have done all they can really by putting significant fan pressure on Sky yesterday. Judging by the statement Sky made yesterday, they have no idea what they're doing with a lot of the shows they've inherited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Extreme Sports!?
    Dave?
    Eurosport Even!?
    I wouldn't expect it on any channel with sky in the name as they seem to have strong links with WWE who wouldn't like sharing with there competitors. Plus WWE will supersede TNA every time on sky because the deal is worth more.

**edit**
    I didn't realize that sky had bought bravo. Good only know what will happen to TNA then

A Message from TNA President Dixie Carter: “UK fans, here is how you don't miss an episode of iMPACT! while we wait for our new timeslot from Sky.

“Log on to TNAondemand.com, click the launch button, then click on the iMPACT UK button on the bottom left of the page. This service is only available for the UK.”

Please note... this is FREE for all British fans and does not require you to register on the website.

Yet its region locked for Irish viewers, what a piece of crap.

Yet its region locked for Irish viewers, what a piece of crap.

polls_what_the_hell_2432_519517_poll_xlarge.jpeg

I say we all bombard good ol dixie and tell her.
    TNA will run into town at the end of the month and no one will have any idea whats going on! :mad:

• Advertisement

It appears they've removed the region lock for Ireland so it's available to watch now.

Advertisement