Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It appears they've removed the region lock for Ireland so it's available to watch now.

Yep they have indeed, thanks for the heads up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

From Dixie's Facebook page:
    On Saturday 1st January 2011, @skyhd said:

Following the close of the Bravo family of channels on 1 Jan 2011, a range of the most popular programmes – including TNA Wrestling, Spartacus, Chuck, Leverage, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Star Trek, Sun, Sea and A & E, Motorway Patrol, Highway Patrol and Caribbean Cops - will find new homes on other Sky channels.

We are still working through which shows will be reallocated to other channels, and when these will be shown. There are a number of factors to be considered in this, and we appreciate your patience.

We will confirm new timings later in January.

Full details will follow in due course and will be well publicised. All details will also be made available at Sky.com/mytv and you can register now for reminders when programme timings are confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Is TNA the only new weekly tv show that needs to find a home? Like nobody's gonna cry if the latest episode of the Oops Patrol is a few weeks late.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Is TNA the only new weekly tv show that needs to find a home? Like nobody's gonna cry if the latest episode of the Oops Patrol is a few weeks late.

Think so, it's the only show with new episodes every week so it should be a top priority for Sky atm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I wish Sky would hurry up and decide where they are showing these programmes.

Chuck is too good to be held off TV.

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »

It's on Living, Thursdays at 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I wish Sky would hurry up and decide where they are showing these programmes.

Never watched Chuck but the blonde in it is Sexy & I only seen her in the ads (and Mass Effect 2).Shouldn't sky be trying to get tna a network instead of showing those truly Dreadful Spenglers ads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It's on Living, Thursdays at 10

Its been on living a while hasn't it:o

The missus just informed me!

Why is TNA turning Pope face?

And is either Morgan or Anderson turning heel? Morgan "mothering" Anderson, and Ken fobbing it off, I can't see them both remaining face. Surely TNA are aiming towards a feud.

So is
    Magnus face
    for the time being?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I haven't watched tna in a while just wondering has desmond wolfe returned yet & where the hell was he anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

GTR63 wrote: »
    I haven't watched tna in a while just wondering has desmond wolfe returned yet & where the hell was he anyway.
    He returns next week.

Why is TNA turning Pope face?

And is either Morgan or Anderson turning heel? Morgan "mothering" Anderson, and Ken fobbing it off, I can't see them both remaining face. Surely TNA are aiming towards a feud.

So is
    Magnus face
    for the time being?

Pope is a face, they appear to be turning him heel. If you meant why are they turning him heel. I have no idea.
    I believe they're reforming The British Invasion as a face stable with Wolfe.

I believe they're
    reforming The British Invasion as a face stable with Wolfe.

Would this be the first ever
    foreign stable that's face
    ? Even if not, I'll give TNA credit for at least trying it.

Would this be the first ever
    foreign stable that's face
    ? Even if not, I'll give TNA credit for at least trying it.

Well they couldn't pick a better, more talented bunch of guys to try it with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,334 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jeff Jarrett's opponent in Berlin will be "The Turkish Wrestling Machine" Murat Bosporus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Results from Tokyo Dome show. credit: PW Touch
    New Japan Pro Wrestling "Wrestle Kingdom 5" results
    January 4, 2011
    Tokyo, Japan - annual Tokyo Dome Show
    Report by Chris Charlton, PWTorch reader

I just got back from the Tokyo Dome where I attended New Japan's big "Wrestle Kingdom V" show, which was a very entertaining card overall.

TNA was represented by Beer Money, RVD, Jeff Hardy, and Jeremy Borash on the show. Borash handled ring announcing duties and seemed to be the most jet-lagged of the five, based on a few of his announcements.

TNA Match Notes:

-- Beer Money (Robert Roode & James Storm) were in the opening match of the pay-per-view portion of the card. They lost in a three-way tag match against Bad Intentions (Giant 'A-Train' Bernard & Karl Anderson) and Muscle Orchestra (Manabu Nakanishi & CMLL's "Strongman," who wins the award for most grotesquely jacked-up wrestler on this or any other card) for the IWGP Tag Titles. It was a decent tornado-style tag match. The finish came when James Storm accidentally spit beer in Robert Roode's face and Karl Anderson landed a cutter to retain the tag belts for his team.

-- RVD defeated Toru Yano in a hardcore match. It was a typical ECW-style RVD match, with Van Dam hitting his signature guardrail leg drop and skateboard chair spots. At one point, Van Dam missed a Rolling Thunder onto a ladder, which was followed by a dangerous-looking unprotected chair shot from Yano, but Van Dam recovered with a Vandaminator and the Five-Star Frogsplash for the win.

-- Jeff Hardy retained the TNA World Title against Tetsuya Naito in what was really the only weak match on the card. Hardy blew a leap frog spot early on, which may have thrown him off, but, in general, he didn't seem to be into the match. The crowd sat on their hands throughout.

Other Matches:

-- La Sombra & Mascara Dorada beat Jushin "Thunder" Liger & Hector Gaza when La Sombra pinned Liger. The finish seemed very abrupt, which may have been a result of Liger taking an elbow to the head off La Sombra's twisting cross body.

-- Hiroyoshi Tenzan beat Takashi Iizuka in a middling 'deep sleep to win' match.

-- Yuji Nagata beat Minoru Suzuki with a back-drop driver in a decent, if slightly disappointing, match.

-- In easily the match of the night, 'Prince' Fergal Devitt used a sick-looking top rope implant DDT to retain the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight title over Kota Ibushi. Phenomenal bout.

-- Takashi Sugiura & Yoshihiro Takayama (NOAH) beat Hiroki Goto & Kazuchika Okada (NJPW) in the first of two interpromotional matches between NOAH and New Japan.

-- In the second interpromotional match, New Japan's Shinsuke Nakamura beat Go Shiozaki of NOAH with the "Boma Ye" knee in a good match.

-- Togi Makabe beat Masato Tanaka (formerly of ECW) via a top rope knee drop in a fairly wild brawl with some big table bumps.

-- Hiroshi Tanahashi pinned Satoshi Kojima with a frog splash to win the IWGP Hvt. Title in a very exciting main event.

In dark matches, Wataru Inoue & Tiger Mask & Tomoaki Honma & Tama Tonga beat Yujiro Takahashi & Tomohiro Ishii & Jado & Gedo in an eight-man tag match. Also, Kenny Omega (from ROH) & Taichi beat Koji Kanemoto & Ryusuke Taguchi when Taichi rolled up Taguchi.
    Good to see that Fergal Devitt had "the match of the night" on what seems to have been a very good card. Weather he wants to go to America or not surely he must be on TNA's radar by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Good to see that Fergal Devitt had "the match of the night" on what seems to have been a very good card. Weather he wants to go to America or not surely he must be on TNA's radar by now

An all Irish title match somewhere down the line with Sheamus? If only!

I've seen John Strongman before, if you think Steiner looked jakked, you should see that guy, he must dine on roids all day long. He's a freak.

jon_annv.jpg
    492.jpg

Sounds like TNA got a good showing anyway (Hardy aside)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

were is tna been shown now that bravo is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

cena wrote: »
    were is tna been shown now that bravo is gone
    http://www.tnaondemand.com/launch.html
    for the time being and hopefully soon sky will sort it out then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

will that jap show be shown online or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Look closely enough and you will see Velvet Sky's trunks slip a little bit too far to the left during her rope straddle on last night's iMPACT.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Sun has posted an article claiming that WWE is plotting to swoop the multi-time World Champion from TNA Wrestling. They say with WrestleMania taking place in WCW's former home of Atlanta this year, Vince McMahon wants Sting to be a part of the show and inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Though still listed on the TNA Wrestling website, Sting is presently a free agent after his contract with the organization expired late last year. Most expected him to re-sign w/ TNA though so we'll see what happens in the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He has no need to work for TNA, he regularly pulls in New Japan's biggest TV numbers when he wrestles and makes far more money over there than TNA would ever offer him in a million years. Wrestling in the States is far from being the be all and end all, especially if its only TNA you're talking about.

flahavaj wrote: »
    He has no need to work for TNA, he regularly pulls in New Japan's biggest TV numbers when he wrestles and makes far more money over there than TNA would ever offer him in a million years. Wrestling in the States is far from being the be all and end all, especially if its only TNA you're talking about.

I know New Japan have had their best year in a while, but I was under the impression that Japanese wrestling was on the steep decline? That it was much smaller than it was even 5 years ago. The Tokyo Dome for WrestleKingdom's have kinda dishearteningly small crowds. (10-15,000 people in a 55,000-seater) :(

Story
    Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Based on statements made by Moore County District Attorney Maureen Kruger, the plea bargain current TNA Champion Jeff Hardy will be pleading guilty to is for one or more of the six charges being brought against him. The plea, which will take place on January 20, will involving a sentencing agreement between boths ides, but neither side will discuss it until after it goes before the judge. The expectation is that the trafficking charges will be dropped (something that would mandate prison time) based on statements by Kruger. So, it is possible Hardy will plead guilty as a first time drug offender and not serve any time and instead face some probation and fines.

Source and Source
    Now that Angelina Pivarnick's days of fighting on "Jersey Shore" are over -- TMZ has learned she's already found another place to let out her aggression ... the wrestling ring.

Sources close to Angelina tell us she's been locked in discussions with TNA Wrestling officials for the past week -- trying to hammer out a deal to get her in the squared circle ASAP.

But unlike Jwoww's "don't-blink-or-you'll-miss-it" style fight back in October -- Angelina wants to brawl in a legitimate, regulation match.

We're told the two sides have yet to make it official -- but TNA honchos are already into the idea of pitting Angelina against the resident Snooki-wannabe -- "Cookie" -- in a TNA Pay-Per-View match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any news on which sky channel has tna yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I know New Japan have had their best year in a while, but I was under the impression that Japanese wrestling was on the steep decline? That it was much smaller than it was even 5 years ago. The Tokyo Dome for WrestleKingdom's have kinda dishearteningly small crowds. (10-15,000 people in a 55,000-seater) :(

They're still a far bigger deal on their worst day than TNA coud ever or ever will hope to be.

flahavaj wrote: »
    They're still a far bigger deal on their worst day than TNA coud ever or ever will hope to be.

Being bigger and better than TNA is not something worth putting on your CV. I'm sure some eps of CCW or American Gladiators outdrew impact lol. I hate the "it could be worse" rationalizations! At least i'm not on heroin, it's just crack lol.

Like SmackDown shouldn't be proud with any 1.7's just because it outdrew iMPACT :pac:

Do you have any solid figures or numbers for revenue/crowds/gate for New Japan or is it all hearsay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,334 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source
    AJ Styles was forced to pull out of competing at last night's TNA Genesis PPV event due to an injury. Styles stated on Twitter that he tore his hip flexor and hip labrum. He promised to be back wrestling real soon but will miss the company's upcoming tour of the United Kingdom. Reports indicate that he is expected to be sidelined between four to six weeks.

• Advertisement

http://www.tnasylum.com/2011/01/rumor-early-discussions-of-resurrecting.html
    There have been some discussions about resurrecting the Main Event Mafia in some capacity in 2011. While Sting and Kevin Nash's contracts are still up for grabs, a few sources feel TNA is trying to resign them to help make the group. Obviously Kurt Angle would also be a core member of the group. I have no word on the status of Scott Steiner and Booker T but have heard those members are less likely.

An early rumor slated the Main Event Mafia to go head on with Immortal later this year. Unfortunately contrasting rumors say the plan is to blow off this feud in some form by Lockdown. There has been pressure by Spike TV to increase ratings and some believe it is partially them who have brought forth the idea of the Main Event Mafia reunion, since they were responsible for a surge in ratings in 2009.

Again, this is an early rumor at this point.
    www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=54239
    One thing I forgot to mention in the spoilers is that they shot an angle where Little Red got into it with Abyss and said "They are coming" to take out Immortal in February, so here we go again with the mystery teases!

I can't help but think these are related but Little Red would be an odd messenger.

Advertisement