Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Main Event Mafia? A fukking third heel group? Serenity now!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Main Event Mafia? A fukking third heel group? Serenity now!

The MEM would be face this time id say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The MEM would be face this time id say

Pretty clearly if they were to oppose Immortal. And to classify Immortal and Fortune as separate heel groups is a bit of a stretch. Fortune are really just a subgroup of Immortal as they don't act independently.

Stevie Richards just posted the following on his Twitter…

Just left Universal Studios. Had a great talk with Terry Taylor and Vince Russo about making the decision to quit TNA Wrestling. Thanks to everyone there for the past 2 years.
    Source: Pwinsider.com

-- Desmond Wolfe has been backstage at TV this week.

-- Jesse Neal has signed a new three-year deal with TNA.

-- Condolences to TNA's Ronnie Lang on the passing of his mother.

:rolleyes: So best case scenario (worst being 3 heel factions) is that the old men will come up against the even older men to rid TNA of the old-man group full of old men who get paid too much. How does this help TNA again? About as much as it helped The Frontline...

I can't wait to stop caring about TNA, they piss me off so much. They deserve to go out of business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

:rolleyes: So best case scenario (worst being 3 heel factions) is that the old men will come up against the even older men to rid TNA of the old-man group full of old men who get paid too much. How does this help TNA again? About as much as it helped The Frontline...

I can't wait to stop caring about TNA, they piss me off so much. They deserve to go out of business.

For something that may not happen?

EdK wrote: »

Ha, they deserved to go out of business well before this supposed angle. TNA constantly re-making the same mistakes and idiot business decisions has been going on for years. "If they do this" is just another example of said reasons.

EdK wrote: »

And being honest, I doubt Red and Little Red are the two that'd be the messengers for the MEM so it's probably nothing more than a rumour.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2355-Victory-Road-PPV-Moving-To-March
    13321cae3113e8104a867b99921a855c_XL.jpg
    “Victory Road” will move from its traditional July date to continue TNA’s road to “Lockdown". Scheduled to appear at “Victory Road” will be current World Champion Mr. Anderson, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Matt Morgan, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Jarrett and many more TNA Superstars in live action.

TNA’s “Destination X” pay-per-view event will move from March 13 to Sunday, July 17. For more details on “Destination X” and the road to TNA’s “Lockdown” pay-per-view event on April 17, visit www.tnawrestling.com

I assume they moved Destination X to July to coincide with a possible World X Cup to tie in with the X-Division theme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Scott Steiner returned at the latest tv taping. I guess they'll inevitably bring back his fellow washed up M.E.M members Booker T,Sting & Nash.If they book them against Hogan,Bischoff & Flair I will deny I ever watched Tna.Pathetic that they think what was cool for a time in 1997 will work in 2011.

• Advertisement

I assume they moved Destination X to July to coincide with a possible World X Cup to tie in with the X-Division theme.

Come now? We might be getting an X-Cup again?? :eek: :pac: I demand Curry Man be back and on Team Japan!

Looks like I was wrong, MEM it is. Eh, I don't mind - Scott Steiner is awesome.

Looks like I was wrong, MEM it is. Eh, I don't mind - Scott Steiner is awesome.

i love Scott Steiner and his promos, he's a guilty pleasure. Not a fan of doing the MEM again. "The Frontline" don't even get a snifter this year...That makes me a sad panda.

Come now? We might be getting an X-Cup again?? :eek: :pac: I demand Curry Man be back and on Team Japan!

There's no reports or anything behind that, just speculation on my part. Though moving the traditionally X-Division PPV to the time of year when they last held the World X Cup has got to mean something (or then again it might not).

God i hope we dont just get the whole MEM back , fair enough bring maybe Sting and Steiner but they also need to have some of the original tna in it aswell since it will looks stupid it took all old lads to get rid of a bunch of new lads (bar Falr/Hogan/Bischoff)

God i hope we dont just get the whole MEM back , fair enough bring maybe Sting and Steiner but they also need to have some of the original tna in it aswell since it will looks stupid it took all old lads to get rid of a bunch of new lads (bar Falr/Hogan/Bischoff)

Steiner, Sting, Angle and Joe would do with maybe adding RVD and Anderson as new members.

Steiner, Sting, Angle and Joe would do with maybe adding RVD and Anderson as new members.

Or they could try bring up d MCMG and Lethal either

Or they could try bring up d MCMG and Lethal either

I don't think they should break the former World Champions thing. If they actually go ahead with MEM opposing Immortal it's actually essentially the MEM/Frontline in reverse. Styles, Kaz, Jarrett, Abyss and Beer Money should've been the Frontline in the first place and the problem with the MEM was that they'd always be cheered so that's helped with them being faces. And at least it's TNA dipping into their own history rather than somebody else's.

TNA has signed Generation Me to a new deal that will run through 2012.

Source: Pwinsider

Source: Pwinsider.com

According to sources, with the return of Scott Steiner at last night's iMPACT! tapings, it appears that TNA is building to the return of the Main Event Mafia. Kurt Angle will likely lead the stable, and Dixie Carter may also be involved as they battle Immortal.

There is no word on if Booker T will be brought back. He had been in discussions to return to WWE, but the negotiations broke down. Both sides remain on good terms.

Source: The Pro Wrestling Torch

It's being reported that TNA is considering doing away with the X-Division, which has been a core part of the company since its beginning.

There is no word on when it might be gotten rid of, or if it will be phased out over time. This is also not confirmed by any means.

Stay tuned for more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If that's true they are really ****ing idiots

Infact they should make it the main event these days

Source: The Pro Wrestling Torch

It's being reported that TNA is considering doing away with the X-Division, which has been a core part of the company since its beginning.

There is no word on when it might be gotten rid of, or if it will be phased out over time. This is also not confirmed by any means.

Stay tuned for more.

TNA have been putting the X-Division on the back-burner for years, so I'm not too upset. There's also too many championships in TNA (6) and so there's no need for mid-card titles.

If they just merge the TV/X-D then maybe tna will start booking the X-Division wrestlers better, instead of inferior to "normal" midcarders.

Sad to see it go, but really it went a long time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

supposedly its all lies. Dirty rotten lies.
    By the way..don't know what hit starved loser started the "TNA Is Considering Eliminating the X Division" rumor, but its news to me! People need to realize that the Dirt Sites survive off web hits and they make sh*t up to get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

CMpunked wrote: »
    supposedly its all lies. Dirty rotten lies.

Who wrote that?

Who wrote that?

EZE's twitter i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Who wrote that?
    EZE's twitter i think

Yep, it was Erics facebook page.

Why do people call him easy e?! i never got that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Think it was because he was easy to get money out of back when he was signing people to contracts in WCW,but I could be absolutely wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Yep, it was Erics facebook page.

He was a Nigga With Attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

He died of aids....... what too soon! :pac:

• Advertisement

TNA President Dixie Carter took to her Twitter today to respond to rumors that TNA was going to drop the X-Division. Here's what she wrote:

"Not sure where you've heard the X Division is going away but it's not true at all. I'm working to beef it up with both familiar & new faces."

According to sources today, there have been no discussions in TNA about getting rid of the X-Division. They are actually working on something to better spotlight the division.

Advertisement