Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Id hazard a guess at this whole thing being started by Tna and working the internet fans.

Announce that they are dropping the x division.
    Fans react angrily.
    Tna turn around and say "No dont worry, we arent dropping the division, in fact we are making it bigger and better."

I know its a bit far fetched but theres something a little fishy about the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

CMpunked wrote: »
    Id hazard a guess at this whole thing being started by Tna and working the internet fans.

Announce that they are dropping the x division.
    Fans react angrily.
    Tna turn around and say "No dont worry, we arent dropping the division, in fact we are making it bigger and better."

I know its a bit far fetched but theres something a little fishy about the whole thing.

I'd say it's more of a case of PW Torch talking nonsense as usual. Anywho, any pro X-Division sentiment is very much welcomed, lets hope they at least act on it a little. The TJP and El Generico tryout matches are encouraging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Agreed. Someone starts a rumour, the dirtsheets pick up on it to give their site more clicks, and it continues until someone refutes it. A lot of news sites barely have news; it's more obvious guesses like 'Punk and Cena being considered for WM'. No sh!t sherlock!! :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thursday night's episode of TNA iMPACT! scored a 1.25 (1.3) cable rating.

The show was the highest-rated iMPACT! since the episode immediately following Bound for Glory in mid-October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I'd say it's more of a case of PW Torch talking nonsense as usual. Anywho, any pro X-Division sentiment is very much welcomed, lets hope they at least act on it a little. The TJP and El Generico tryout matches are encouraging.

That report never seemed to ring through considering they were giving X division talent tryouts this week and the swap of Victory Road and Destination X could lead to a possible World X cup this year

• Advertisement

Thursday night's episode of TNA iMPACT! scored a 1.25 (1.3) cable rating.

The show was the highest-rated iMPACT! since the episode immediately following Bound for Glory in mid-October.

That rating had me baffled more than any other recently because here are the quarter hours:
    Q1: 1.41 rating - Genesis recap video, Mr. Anderson in-ring promo with Matt Morgan and then Eric Bischoff, Jeff Hardy on the big screen, Rob Van Dam attacks Jeff, Matt Hardy save

Q2: 1.31 rating - Immortal attack Anderson and Van Dam, Beer Money vs. Motor City Machine Guns

Q3: 1.28 rating - Tag title continuation, Kurt Angle arrives, Anderson and RVD backstage, D'Angelo Dinero and Samoa Joe verbal exchange, Anderson and RVD beat up Beer Money backstage

Q4: 1.23 rating - Bischoff, Ric Flair, and A.J. Styles backstage, Jeff Jarrett and Karen Jarrett backstage, Jarrett entrance, two commercial breaks during the quarter-hour

Q5: 1.29 rating - Jarrett in-ring promo, Angle out to beat up Jeff's posse, Karen Angle out, Angelina Love and Velvet Sky backstage with Winter, Love and Winter vs. Madison Rayne and Tara

Q6: 1.25 rating - Knockouts tag continuation, The Hardys talk backstage, Matt Morgan vs. Abyss, Rob Terry attacks Morgan

Q7: 1.07 rating - Anti-bullying video, Abyss choked out and warned "They" are coming, Immortal locker room address by Bischoff, The Hardys vs. Anderson and Van Dam beginning, two commercial breaks during the quarter

Q8: 1.16 rating - The majority of The Hardys vs. RVD and Anderson, Immortal attacks RVD and Anderson

The Hardys vs. RVD and Anderson (which was aggressively plugged throughout the show) shouldn't have lost that much of the audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

That rating had me baffled more than any other recently because here are the quarter hours:

The Hardys vs. RVD and Anderson (which was aggressively plugged throughout the show) shouldn't have lost that much of the audience.

While it is too early to tell for certain, early reports seem to indicate that Matt Hardy ate the ratings.

D.Q wrote: »
    While it is too early to tell for certain, early reports seem to indicate that Matt Hardy ate the ratings.

ha, got a good laugh out of that. How was the show? I'm pretty down that Hardy isn't champion any more, I was quite enjoying his gimmick/run as heel champ, who only cuts promos on TV. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

That couldnt be true.

There was some still left over.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    ha, got a good laugh out of that. How was the show? I'm pretty down that Hardy isn't champion any more, I was quite enjoying his gimmick/run as heel champ, who only cuts promos on TV. :/

It was a solid show with some good angles and a great Guns/Beer Money match and nothing that shouldn't have driven fans away in droves, especially with the main event they had. Matt Hardy looked much better, still a little rough in places but much better than Genesis.

Anderson still has the Hardy belt and is defending it against Hardy on the February 3rd iMPACT!. I can actually see him losing it straight back to Hardy once his legal future is clear.

• Advertisement

Cheers MF! (Do you have MF'ers?) I wish they took my advice and have Matt defend Jeff's belt for the next month in some kind of initiation/trial/useless reason to have jeff not hold the belt!

Cheers MF! (Do you have MF'ers?) I wish they took my advice and have Matt defend Jeff's belt for the next month in some kind of initiation/trial/useless reason to have jeff not hold the belt!

I'd hate the idea of a guy who's not the champion defending the belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

It was a solid show with some good angles and a great Guns/Beer Money match and nothing that shouldn't have driven fans away in droves, especially with the main event they had. Matt Hardy looked much better, still a little rough in places but much better than Genesis.

Anderson still has the Hardy belt and is defending it against Hardy on the February 3rd iMPACT!. I can actually see him losing it straight back to Hardy once his legal future is clear.

Do these guys ever fight anyone else?

I don't watch TNA. Nothing against the product at all, for me it just lacks the familiar branding etc that I'm very used to from growing up with the wwf/wwe. I just read the spoilers,and it always seems to be "guns vs beer money in a great match". As good as the matches might be, surely its overkill?

i know what u mean. how about Jeff just arranges to defend the belt in 30 days and gets Matt to do his dirty work then. lol

it's a dilly of a pickle having a guy not drop the belt but not giving it to someone else for a month. See now the non-immortals have gotten their big win....which is a bit hasty for my liking.

Do these guys ever fight anyone else?

I don't watch TNA. Nothing against the product at all, for me it just lacks the familiar branding etc that I'm very used to from growing up with the wwf/wwe. I just read the spoilers,and it always seems to be "guns vs beer money in a great match". As good as the matches might be, surely its overkill?

I couldn't agree more. Guns/Beer Money might be/are the best tag teams in wrestling today (I'd put forth Apollo 55) but my God, they keep doing this match. They had it just on the PPV! Best of 5 series a few months ago, and a few times since then. It must be 10 times on TV by now (they feuded in 2008), and again on the 24th. :(

2 teams isn't a division! We need Young Bucks, London Brawling and another 2 good ones as well as some jobber teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I couldn't agree more. Guns/Beer Money might be/are the best tag teams in wrestling today (I'd put forth Apollo 55) but my God, they keep doing this match. They had it just on the PPV! Best of 5 series a few months ago, and a few times since then. It must be 10 times on TV by now (they feuded in 2008), and again on the 24th. :(

2 teams isn't a division! We need Young Bucks, London Brawling and another 2 good ones as well as some jobber teams.

Completely agree, they really need to expand the "serious" contenders selection in the tag division. Great matches but they need some variety, Gen Me don't really do it for me nor do Ink Inc. so they really need to get some more in there.

The only thing I can say is thank god they're still fighting each other (Beer Money/Guns) and TNA haven't gone all WWE on it and made the teams split and feud as singles competitors.

But you're dead right, more variety is needed.

This weeks iMPACT! is up on TNAondemand.com.

TNA should reach a deal with XBL/PSN to get their show streamed weekly on the consoles. I reckon it'd see much bigger viewers than watching a show on the comp/laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the BM-MCMG thing annoys me too, there are so many face tag teams that aren't being used properly (Jordan & Young, Ink Inc, Little Red & "Crimson", Williams & Magnus)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

This week's iMPACT! is now up on tnaondemand.com

• Advertisement

This weeks iMPACT! is up on TNAondemand.com.
    This week's iMPACT! is now up on tnaondemand.com

Woah. Glitch in the Matrix!

PREVIEW THE HUGE FEBRUARY 3RD TNA IMPACT BROADCAST ON SPIKE TV

Thursday, February 3 is going to be one of the biggest "iMPACT!" broadcasts in TNA history!

- According to Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan plans on regaining his power from TNA President Dixie Carter! What will happen on February 3rd? What's next in their legal war?

- Plus, the TNA World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line as titleholder Mr. Anderson defends against former champ Jeff Hardy of Immortal!

- And THEY are coming??...but who this time?! More info to come...

More matches for the huge February 3rd broadcast will be announced in the coming weeks at TNAwrestling.com

Kaz defends the X-Division title against Jay Lethal next week on iMPACT!.

Two things :

1) Em, does this mean that they're gonna focus on this and not the PPV? ( Against All Odds on the 13th)

2) TNA are really running another "they" angle? :( Why can't they just do something with the ridiculous over-abundance of talent they have? Maybe we should find out who Abyss's dad is again....twice!

Two things :

1) Em, does this mean that they're gonna focus on this and not the PPV? ( Against All Odds on the 13th)

2) TNA are really running another "they" angle? :( Why can't they just do something with the ridiculous over-abundance of talent they have? Maybe we should find out who Abyss's dad is again....twice!

Well they're (as in TNA) building the likes of Joe/Pope ans Angle/Jarrett towards AAO and I'd imagine the finish of Hardy/Anderson will lead to a rematch then aswell. And the 'They' thing is more playing off what Immortal did and playing head games rather than just repeating something.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

Completely agree, they really need to expand the "serious" contenders selection in the tag division. Great matches but they need some variety, Gen Me don't really do it for me nor do Ink Inc. so they really need to get some more in there.

The only thing I can say is thank god they're still fighting each other (Beer Money/Guns) and TNA haven't gone all WWE on it and made the teams split and feud as singles competitors.

But you're dead right, more variety is needed.
    I agree TNA need to get some teams in, I believe Wolfe is close to making a return so at least London brawling will be on TV again, but even this team is thrown together and Wolfe is better suited to singles.
    I am not sure who they can get in because kings of wrestling, worlds greatest tag team and wolves are all under contract to roh but with the TV deal gone now they might not be able to pay these teams and tna could pick them up. One thing is for sure the tag division or lack of a division needs to be addressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sliotor wrote: »
    I am not sure who they can get in because kings of wrestling, worlds greatest tag team and wolves are all under contract to roh but with the TV deal gone now they might not be able to pay these teams and tna could pick them up.

would love it if they got El Generico (Brainbustaaaaaaaaa!) :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Current creative plans call for the former Brother Ray to get a 'long singles run' as Bully Ray, a character he always wanted to portray.

His former tag team partner, Devon, will also continued to be used as a singles wrestler.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    Creative plans are in place for Matt Hardy to perform as the "cold blooded" alter-ego he introduced a few months ago on Twitter. He will be referred to as "Cold Blood" Matt Hardy.

Hardy said this week on Twitter that the persona is returning soon.

The organization recently applied a wrestling-related trademark to the term "Cold Blood."

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    Last Thursday on TNA iMPACT!, Amazing Red's "little" brother (officially known as "Crimson") put Abyss in a chokehold backstage and delivered a cryptic message to him: "They are coming."

"They" will mark the return of the Main Event Mafia and will consist of Kurt Angle and Scott Steiner, and possibly Sting, Kevin Nash and Booker T.

Steiner returned to TNA at last Wednesday's iMPACT! taping and participated in a cliff hanger ending. He donned a suit reminiscent of his time in the Main Event Mafia. Angle is penciled in for the group, and many within the organization expect Sting to be too.

Many in TNA presume that Nash is on board for the group. However, he adamantly said last week on Twitter that he is not because he is retired. Internally, many believe Nash is kayfabing his absence from TNA, but those close to him indicate he's legitimately retired.

Booker T's status remains unknown at this point, other than he wasn't believed to have signed as of last week. Some were pleased with his departure from the organization in October 2009 as there were complaints about his performance, attitude, refusal to put over Matt Morgan in a match, and his own admission that he was using the company as a way to audition for acting roles.

Bobby Lashley has been mentioned by those in TNA as a possible member of the group. However, those affiliated with the mixed martial artist don't believe he's returning to the wrestling organization. Lashley is currently a free agent as his contract with Strikeforce expired following his loss to Chad Griggs in August. The only thing of note he has done since then is work a wrestling match for the Japanese promotion Inoki Genome Federation (IGF) in September. He is not tentatively not scheduled for any upcoming shows.

"They" would initially feud with Immortal and Fortune. The angle begins on the Feb. 3 iMPACT!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,334 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source
    TNA star Brother Ray spoke with Alex Marvez of Scrippsnews.com earlier this month and had the following to say about one of the reasons Team 3D chose not to return to WWE:

"We made a lot of money, learned a lot of stuff and are very appreciative of everything we got in WWE. But if we go back, what tag teams are we going to work with? They could have thrown together some guys, but it would never have been like with those we worked with, like the Hardys, Edge and Christian, the Acolytes and Too Cool. One thing Devon and I are big on is never taking a step backward."

Ray also commented on John Cena:

"At the end of the day, our business is about storytelling. Take the No. 1 guy in the business today -- John Cena. How many moves does he have? Five? But you know what all five of those moves are. It's his character that's very well developed and has intriguing storylines. That's why people buy into him emotionally."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

TNA house show results
    January 21, 2011
    Lyon, France

(1) X Division champion Kazarian beat Chris Sabin to retain the X Division Title.

(2) Mickie James & Angelina Love beat Knockouts champion Madison Rayne & Tara.

(3) Matt Morgan pinned "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero.

(4) TNA tag champions Beer Money (James Storm & Robert Roode w/Ric Flair) beat Douglas Williams & Magnus to retain the TNA Tag Titles.

(5) Matt Hardy & Jeff Jarrett beat Shannon Moore & Mark Haskins with Kurt Angle as special guest referee.

(6) TNA World Hvt. champion Mr. Anderson beat Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy in a three-way match to retain the TNA World Title.

PWTorch.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Cold Blood Matt Hardy? What is that a Stone Cold rip-off with a Mullet?

Advertisement